Tina Fey and Amy Poehler Are Your Golden Globes Hosts for 2014 and 2015

By Kaitlin Thomas

Oct 15, 2013

Ask and ye shall receive: Reigning comedy queens Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are returning to host the 71st Annual Golden Globe Awards on January 12, 2014. But that's not all! Their deal is actually for two years. That's right, Fey and Poehler, who were easily the funniest part of this year's Emmy Awards when they heckled Neil Patrick Harris from the front row, will be hosting the awards ceremony in 2014 and 2015. 

This is basically the equivalent of spending too much time trying to decide whether you want the cream puff or the sprinkles doughnut and then finding out the bakery is having a buy-one-get-one-free special that day and you get both, plus a free coffee. Two years of Fey and Poehler cracking jokes as the rest of Hollywood gets increasingly drunk. Two years of guaranteed hilariousness. Two years of showing the world that all those Fey/Poehler 2016 shirts you bought in bulk a few years ago might not have been a bad investment. (Just kidding, those were a bad idea and you should probably just donate them to charity, okay?).

Are you excited about Fey and Poehler returning as hosts? Would you rather have Ricky Gervais back? J/K.

• Comments (16)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • NathanLabont Oct 15, 2013

This is lit'rally the best news I've heard all day!

• imranfrq Oct 15, 2013

This is why the Globes has always been my favorite of all the awards! But why can’t they just host EVERYTHING?! http://tiny.cc/13h04w

• tamaabi Oct 15, 2013

\O/

• Ralike Oct 15, 2013

i loved them im glad they are hosting 2 years in a row! but i hope in 2016 Charlie sheen host lol

• GirishKrishna1 Oct 15, 2013

That's the best news I've heard all year!

• IndianaMom Oct 15, 2013

Great news! Now arrange it so I can be best friends with them.

• sibowittz Oct 15, 2013

Thank you! These two are amazing!!!

• Dude97 Oct 15, 2013

hope for another wardrobe malfunctions

• CaitlinRice Oct 15, 2013

This was a no brainer.

• noelrk Oct 15, 2013