Gossip Girl

Show Reviews (373)

Great

Overated

By tamaraanthonypillai, Jul 24, 2014

I went to school one day, and like five girls came up to me and screamed "OMG! you gotta watch this show, its sooo

so i came home and went to netflix, and watched like 6 episodes. it was a totally waste of time, that show is boring as fuck...

XOXO GOSSIP GIRL

By Karms, Jan 25, 2014

I LOVE THIS SHOW NO JOKE! I think the acting is amazing! The characters are funny, and I think this show should have continued to 7 or 8 seasons! I like this show! I am gonna miss it!

Characters

By 4546, Dec 18, 2013

All the characters seem to glue together age-wise, but not Serena. She looks much too old for the group, I think.

What i thought about Gossip Girl!

By talielle, Dec 04, 2013

I just finished watching this show today! WOO!

I was reading reviews and noticed a LOT of people were not pleased with the last few seasons on the show and the finale.

I personally really enjoyed this show. Yes, there were moments that i found annoying (Blair/Dan-although i will admit it was well written) and somewhat boring (season 3 . There were points in the show where i pretty much was annoyed by every character. I had a nice chuckle at the amount of love interest's Nate can have too... Hahah... I actually did like his character in the end, although not alwys his love interests. There were "YES!!" "OMG!" "NO!!" "Aww!!" moments! I love Blair/Serena's friendship, Blair/Chuck's heartbreaking relationship, Dan/Nate/Chuck friendship, Lily/Rufus romance, Lily/Chuck mother son bond, Serena/Chuck's brother sister relationship, the Blair take towns, when they all worked together, when Georgina showed up to mess everything up:P

Now on to the things i was not so happy about... I found that they RUINED Dan's character somewhere between seasons 4/5 and i really just started hating him... The end with Chuck/Blair was too rushed. I was hoping for a real wedding and better proposal. That was THE moment to wait for IMO and we didn't get it... We didn't get that surprising, romantic proposal we were teased probably around 3x beforehand :P Serena and Dan were also rushed... I feel like they were ruined when Blair and Dan got together. I am happy they ended up together as i wanted them to from the start, but they could have written them better. I mean, for half of season 6 Serena was with another guy(don't remember his name). Nate didn't even end up with anyone... I was hoping he would end up with Jenny actually since i knew she was returning for the finale. Serena and Blair were basically not friends the whole time until the end... As much as i didn't like Blair/Dan there was no closure for them. LILY AND RUFUS DID NOT END UP TOGETHER! The whole season they were barley taking and APART! :( I have to admit.... for a while they were the only interesting party of the show for me and I have been rooting for them as endgame since day 1! I have to say i'm 100% against the incest idea but i just HAVE to make an exception for them because i love them sooo much! For a season that was SO short and only had 10 episodes, they really needed to skip all the filler stuff and work on rapping up the season. I feel like the show lacked a good rap up of all the characters and story lines... the beginning half focused on things that were not important. Dan revealing himself as GG was pretty good. The thing is, i feel like the writers just threw it together. I do not think it was very planned out. It was rushed as well. I would have preferred 5ish episodes to rap that story up too (or at least more than what was given). I know they were only given 10 episodes so possibly things would have been different if they were given a whole season.

So even with all my complaints---- I rated the show as an 8 because without looking at all the technical stuff, i REALLY enjoyed watching! It lost points for the ending being too rushed and ruining some characters... The Blair/Chuck angst was KILLING me but i loved it! I know my complaints were longer than the part on what I liked. The complaints were mostly about the last season. I really did like this show but there are some things that i would have done differently and changed. But it is what it is.. :)

(PS- WOW! Can't believe how much i wrote... LOL IDK if anyone will read to the end:P Hope i was not too boring)moreless

Why I enjoyed watching Gossip Girl

By Bella51, Nov 04, 2013

Gossip, relationships, sex, schemes, family issues, figuring out so many of us don't go to the extremes in our own life, but it goes to show that we all have problems. These kids are born into fame and riches which makes them interesting and I found it intriguing to see the problems that rich people struggle with. It proves that life with money isn't any simpler.

I found Gossip Girl to be about personal empowerment, awareness that we all make mistakes and finding your true self.

Drama's not for everyone, but, it is for me. All-in-all, I enjoyed watching the show over the years. Thanks for such a great story adventure!!moreless

What I believe Gossip Girl is really about

By libertybaker5, Oct 30, 2013

Lots of people think that Gossip Girl is just a stupid show about, shallow, spoiled teenagers (actually, for characters like Serena that's true), betrayal, lies, gossip.

I feel like I'm the only one that sees what Gossip Girl truly about: Real love. Warning, i didn't say true love. I'm mainly referring to Chair, they're beautiful, it just shows that anyone can be loved, that everyone is capable of love and that not every love is a sweet, love at first sight. Take Blair and Chuck for example, it wasn't exactly love at first sight when they slept together in the back of Chuck's limo.

Now, even if I am a sucker for romantic shows, I'm going to tell you how Gossip Girl is not only about real love:

This show especially shows that not everyone is perfect, and it has some important life lessons (also certain things that if you pick up/learn your life could be ruined forever). Another thing about this show: IT'S AMAZING AND IF YOU CAN'T SEE THAT then you need to get your brain + heart checked out!

I <3 Blair, she's funny, bright, passionate, loving and she has a good, warm heart.

As for Serena, the only thing I like about S is her kindness, which actually, after season 1 is gone, so I take that back. I don't like a single thing about Serena van der Woodsen.

BTW, if you want to watch a crappy superficial show, then I would suggest 90210.moreless

In love with gossip girl's style?

By sramkhelawan, Jul 23, 2013

Hey everyone! Like Serena's style? Check out to shop her exact looks and more! Also, be sure to visit our facebook page at to keep up with the latest fashion trends featured in your favorite shows!

I really liked Girl Retrospective...

By JaysDay, Jul 18, 2013

I really liked Girl Retrospective...

Not just another guilty pleasure chick flick

By hannagorani, Apr 25, 2013

Deep down gossip girl is not just a guilty pleasure kind of chick flick. Its characters are really developed and complex. This marvelously done CW shows a side of the world that most of us will never experience, in the most intriguing way. Even though sometimes it can be exaggerated its quite realistic

because it never forgets to put some feelings to the episodes. You never feel like the characters are boring nor superficial. They are interesting , perfect on the outside and really delicate on the inside. The charismatic cast makes everything work perfectly.moreless

Boring!

By amxo, Mar 05, 2013

A lot of my peers and friends watch this show, but I found it incredibly boring. I stomached three episodes and couldn't care less about anything on the show or the characters. It's basically just about a bunch of bratty, spoiled rich kids sleeping together and all the drama that ensues. Oh, and they have daddy issues. Not my cup of tea.

Load More Reviews