Gotham: Familiar Villains Take Center Stage in the New Extended Trailer (VIDEO)

By Kaitlin Thomas

Aug 20, 2014

Earlier this summer we shared our first impressions of Gotham, Fox's upcoming Batman prequel that debuts on Monday, September 22 and promises to tell the origin story of eventual Gotham City police commissioner James "Jim" Gordon (Southland's Ben McKenzie). You've probably also seen the show's first trailer, which was released during the Upfronts in May, and heard a thing or two about which iconic Batman villains appear—some as children (Poison Ivy, Catwoman, et al.), some as grown men still working their way up the ladder of evil (the Penguin, the Riddler, etc.)—but you haven't seen them like this. 

A new trailer intended for U.K. audiences offers a much better look at the noir-like drama, with a better sense of the show's tone and feel, than any of the ones Fox has previously released in the U.S. It also introduces a popular DC Comics villain (one who I didn't mention above), so grab some popcorn, check it out, and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Will you be watching Gotham this fall?

TV.com's 2014 Fall Preview:
New Shows, Network Schedules, Trailers, and More

• Comments (11)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • plaknas Sep 25, 2014

There is something different about Batman "Villains", unlike other "villains" of other Superhero comics Batman "villains" appears to be more real and practical and almost all of them have interesting back story. In fact even in films they were portrayed by some of the "finest" actors like Heath Ledger and Jim Carrey. In Gotham, the shows lead Gordon will be clearly overshadowed by the "villains".

• Liria Aug 27, 2014

This made me a little more hopeful...

• trizkidankoma Aug 21, 2014

i will not miss this incredible series with my favorite superheroes and villian

• kanniballl Aug 21, 2014

Some of the early buzz is sounding "so-so"

I'll give it a shot. I had ZERO hope for Arrow so I skipped it for a season. Later it turned out I loved the show and I've been a steady fan since.

So... I give it a shot.

• Huglyone Aug 21, 2014

Hell yeah !!!
    I just doen't know when can i start to see it maybe in October ...

• _Kevin_K_ Aug 21, 2014

"Will you be watching Gotham this fall?"

I'll assume it's not a rhetorical question... hell yes I'll watch, it's one of the few fall shows I'm excited about.
    Also, I'd watch anything with Donal Logue (I guess it's a good thing for me that every show he was in has been very good to great). And there's Rawls from the Wire too!

• Sanity_Bleeds Aug 21, 2014

Yeah, unless the reveal was for Falcone I seriously missed whoever it was, and if it is him, that's not exactly a "popular" villain. Although there was that split second of a tall guy in a mask and butcher's apron....

• caesteckered Aug 21, 2014

"It also introduces a popular DC Comics villain (one who I didn't mention above)..."

Is it Falcone? Or did I miss someone else?

Looking forward to this show, though I'm still slightly doubtful about its ability to expand the stories of the pre-Batman universe without too much foreshadowing.

• DawsonLeery Aug 21, 2014

Poison Ivy as a child ;)

• withoutcanseco Aug 21, 2014

How can someone NOT watch this?

• Jeroenvander Aug 20, 2014

I'll probably be watching this every day for the rest of my life.