Here Are All the New Shows of the 2014-2015 TV Season (PHOTOS)

By Kaitlin Thomas

May 21, 2014

The weather is getting warmer and the days are getting longer, which means the 2013-2014 TV season is officially winding down. We've already said goodbye to the shows who've graduated and moved on (Breaking Bad, NikitaBeing HumanWarehouse 13), and made peace with the absence of those who've relocated to Cancellation, USA (Trophy WifeCommunityThe Carrie Diaries). Meanwhile, most of our favorites are setting out on extended summer vacations, whether to rest up (ArrowOnce Upon a Time), mourn the loss of beloved characters (The Good Wife—no, we're still not over it), or attend camp/rehab to fix their issues (Revenge). And that means now is the perfect time to get to know the 2014-2015 class of incoming freshman! 

The broadcast networks' upcoming series hail from all over the genre map; the dorms are full of romantic comedies, murder mysteries, political dramas, comic-book heroes, fairy-tales, and even a new Shondaland heir. Plus, there's also a good-looking foreign student named Gracepoint, and some familiar faces are set to continue—or try their hand at—TV course work: Debra Messing and Katherine Heigl are both headlining new shows, as are Terrence Howard and Ryan Phillippe.

Point is, there are new friends here for all of us, so welcome to orientation! Let's meet 2014-2015 freshman class!

UPDATE: One of the shows in the gallery, Fox's Hieroglyph, has already been canceled.

TV.com's 2014 Fall Preview:
New Shows, Network Schedules, Trailers, and More

• Comments (109)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • nickisyx Feb 08, 2015

They didn't mention the huge losses of Sons of Anarchy, True Blood.,.The Witches of East End.My top 3 losses especially Sons Never be another like it. Almost Human, The Tomorrow People
    The only shows returning I will watch Game of Thrones HBO
    True Dectective this time it's Colin Farell, and Vince Vaughn. Hannibal, Bitten, The new shows I will give a shot to is The Messangers , The Whispers and Wayward Pines( I think it is lining up to bring Twin Peaks back in some way)

• Cantankerous Sep 07, 2014

We need a GOOD UFO storyline although The After by Chris Carter creator of X-Files looks interesting, its going to be on Amazom not network TV.

• KESJ Aug 21, 2014

Is there ever going to be a political drama NOT centered around the democratic party? Haven't we had enough with West Wing and House of Cards to name a few? It gets old after a while. And, why is it that a good show does come on and after a few episodes it's cancelled? They've got to give it more than two weeks to see if it's a hit.

• danharr Aug 18, 2014

CSI and NCIS spin off spin offs because I'm kind of silly. Gracepoint trusting the short run tv thing made so popular by premium cable and Gotham because of Batman of course. A few others have good concepts but I've seen them so many times before and then there's the not another comic book show again feeling.

• JDintheOC Aug 17, 2014

Is it just me, or do a lot of these new shows look pretty ho-hum?

• HiRez Aug 18, 2014

No, they don't look ho-hum, they look like absolute crap! I mean normally you have some shows where you think OK this looks kind of weird or silly or whatever, but maybe,...I'll give it a shot. But these...like easily over 50% of those I flat out don't even want to waste my time watching one episode. You can just tell they are stinkers. A quick tally shows only 14 of the 45 I'm even remotely interesting in watching one episode, and half of those only if I'm drunk.

• BillyRay3384 Aug 19, 2014

and add in the changes being made to some of the returning shows and the networks are going to see an even larger loss of viewership this year.

• RobMoore2 Aug 14, 2014

so crap, that im not even commenting on this line up, im only writing this comment to show you that im not commenting, im only commenting on this comment

• RafiSimmonds Aug 13, 2014

Wow these all seem terrible, I'd bet 80% of them don't see a season 2

• JDintheOC Aug 17, 2014

I'll go you one better than that. I'll bet 80% of these shows don't see episode 6!

• daveparry507 Aug 12, 2014

Worst set of new shows I can remember. Only two have some appeal for me, Backstrom and Wayward Pines. Absolute....garbage.

• SweetMissJaye Aug 10, 2014

Most of these shows have the premise of a movie not of a long lasting show. I'm so disappointed. There are a few that I'll probably check out but it seems like TV just keeps getting worse and worse every year.

• hvanhagen Aug 07, 2014

Fox is so hillarious. one really innovative show and they cancel it before it even airs.
    quite amusing and sad at the same time...

• HiRez Aug 08, 2014

I don't see what's so "innovative" about it. Just looks like they were trying to do Rome or Camelot with different costumes. Hilarious though, yes.

• See More Comments (56)