Great

A DC Animated classic

By Appo217, Aug 07, 2014

This show is superb in nearly every way. The characters feel like real people, the romance is not only heartwarming, but at times it can be tragic. The stories this series is able to tell in only 22 minutes are marvelously written; each delivering the right amount of action and emotional weight, though some more than others. The voice acting assembly is grandiose, each characters puts in just the right amount! And don't even get me started on the soundtrack.

It literally boggles my mind how fans cream over "Young Justice" and shun this show without a second thought. Not only does 'Green Lantern' topple that show in nearly everything, IT HAS HEART, something 'Young Justice' lacks, majorly. The CG might be off-putting at first glance, and I am convinced that may very well be the reason for the fan's lack of bolster for this series as oppose to it's DC Nation brethren.moreless

It was pretty good

By Raven77, Nov 28, 2013

Too bad the show only lasted one season. I still felt it could have gone for one or two more, which proves CN does`nt know the right and wrong shows to cut early.

Just saw the stills for the new Teen Titans Go

By achase19, Mar 14, 2013

So I just saw the stills for the new Teen Titans go looks like they made it using microsoft paint. In any case with Clone Wars ending, Why not make DC nation a 2 time block and keep Young Justice and GL, while also adding Batman and Teen Titans. Young Justice and GL are good shows. i like how GL is introducing characters that are currently in the comics.

Why so popular?

By ScottMartinez, Feb 26, 2013

This show just doesn't deserve the appraise its getting.

Why Must the Good Die Young?

By rissi23, Feb 12, 2013

Just when I was really getting into this series, is when I find out that it's being canceled. Sigh, I wish Cartoon Network would learn; didn't we go through something similar with the Teen Titans? Anyway, since it premiered I had actually been tuning in on most Saturdays to see each new episode - even though my understanding was a little confusing from missing several episodes, my interest grew and I just had to watch more, from the beginning (thank you internet): and then I was hooked.

Personally, it seems like they are also trying to market this show not only to older audiences but also to females - as shown by all of the blossoming romance. It certainly helped me get into it. That's quite smart of them, there is much power in the fangirl population. ;)

I also liked the plot design - it was simple, and yet kept you yearning for more and somehow always found a continuation. (Reminds me of Death Note in a way - the plot design that is - but less complicated) The problem with constantly twisting plots and stories is that (I have a short attention span, and a tendency to miss showings) it confuses me (unless I'm Very into it) and I lose interest; that's actually what happened to me with Young Justice. So I was actually grateful for this simple, yet exciting plot.

It's such a shame to see this show go. The only hope I have is that Cartoon Network somehow sees that This is what the fans want and will bring it back. (I Hope You're Reading This Cartoon Network Fan-Information Gatherers!)

But at the very least, I hope the show goes out with a Bang, a spectacular ending to a spectacular series (can't wait to get the dvd).moreless

Do not stop great art

By danielportik1, Feb 02, 2013

The show is great. It goes beyond a simple cartoon. It has characters that take time to change, they don't have epiphanies that change their personality. Also, the show left little cookie crumbles that all glued together with the Red Lantern story arc. It was a nice touch and a sign that the show is for adults.

I really believe that poor scheduling, putting them on Saturday mornings, is what led to this situation.

People should save this show, because poor timing should not stand in the way of art.moreless

Best Green Lantern and Best Television Show

By kvclements, Jan 29, 2013

Quite frankly, this is the best TV show out there. Tightly-knit plots, superb writing, awesome characters, beautiful soundtrack, excellent cinematography, and unique CGI style. If you are like me and are both saddened and enraged by this wonderful show's recent cancellation, please go to and sign the "Cartoon Network; Warner Bros: Bring back Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series" petition.

Really Fun!

By houbou, Jan 29, 2013

This is much better than the actual 'Green Lantern' movie. If anything, it makes me wish that many of the mainstream DC comics were simply published as TV shows such as this. It saddens me to know that this show has been cancelled.

Best Green Lantern Out There!!

By tyruslemerand, Jan 26, 2013

Josh Keaton is my hero!! That's all I have to say. I loved him in the Spectacular Spider-man, and he IS Hal Jordan. I am so excited I get to share this show with my son every Saturday morning. Well designed and expertly written, with depth, charm, wit and fun.

Load More Reviews