Something to Talk About

Episode Reviews (23)

Superb

Bailey

By EricaRickards, May 29, 2012

I love this episode just for Bailey when she says "She's a human traffic accident and everybody is slowing down to look at the wreckage. She's doing the best she can with what she has left. Look I know you can't see this because you're in it. But you can't help her now, it'll only make it worse. Now walk away and leave her to mend." I love a lot of what Bailey says, she's like a mother bear protecting her cubs. I also love when Meredith yells at all of the people who are taking pictures of Shane and treating him like an exhibit not a patient.moreless

Relationships, relationships.

By damato882, Sep 06, 2010

It's all about relationships.

Derek and Addison are going to a marriage counselor. They have an argument about whether Addison should move to Seattle or not, which is what Derek wants, and Addison doesn't want to move, but what she does want is for Derek to not talk to Meredith anymore.

Cristina and Burke have a disagreement. Burke wants to tell the Chief about their relationship before he finds out himself, but Cristina doesn't want to risk her career, or her reputation.

//If you don't want to read a spoiler, skip this paragraph.

Izzie isn't happy about her date with Alex, and she still isn't speaking to him. At the end of the episode, he does something that finally makes things right between them.

//End of spoiler.

This episode was all about relationships, really. Get your tissues ready, because if you're emotional like me, you're going to cry.moreless

Only the second episode i've watched but i'm hooked already..!

By xcharmedkx, Sep 06, 2010

I enjoyed this epi they included a comical storyline amidst all the decisions and tongue wagging at Meredith.

The whole pregnant guy and how christina and Izzie handled it just made me lauf selling tickets to see it was just classic and the excitement on their faces having discovered it was priceless.In the end i think Meredith did do the right thing and gave the poor bloke some privacy..

Like someone said before me it is obvious addison and derek are kidding themselves he's only stopped talking to her cause she has to him and he's being watched like a hawk by the other interns and she's only staying because of the money.. Err guys get some perspective where are you expecting this to go?

And that kiss was phenomonal alex took his time but man i'm sure Izzie thought it was worth it ...!

This episode was awesome..!moreless

...

By Shana868, Sep 06, 2010

This is perhaps, in my opinion, one of the worst episodes yet of Grey's Anatomy, being so for a number of reasons. Most obviously, it followed last week's stunner of an episode, so it really did have some tough competition.

Ok, here's some general thoughts of mine in a list:

1. I didn't like the whole voice-over theme of the episode. Despite not being an overly fanatic fan of Meredith, I often find her musings quite entertaining. I don't think the whole Romeno and Juliet thing worked at all though. This has to be one of the poorest voice-overs yet.

2. I'm really not digging Izzie this season. I didn't like her at first in season 1 but then the character really grew on me what with the program's efforts to show the beautiful blondes can be clever too. But, right now she's so Alex focused and into herself that I'm not enjoying the character at all.

3. That said, I'm also not feeling the Alex vibes. In season 1 I could tolerate him as a friendly under-developed jerk. In season 2 he had a complete personality implant and I started to like him. Now though, he just seems a bit pathetic.

4. I am, however, loving Cristina again. And yes, she was hot in her many dresses (I've never really noticed that before). Her date-turned-life-saving-surgery with Burke was fun, they really do make a good couple. I can imagine them in 10 years time, exactly the same, lots of medicine, lots of sex and the ocassional dinner!

5. I liked the little story-line with Addison and Derek's friends. She was a strong woman. I'm not enjoying the current state of relation between Addison and Derek though, and I feel the lift scene in particular was uncalled for. Why oh why are they putting us through this when it's plain as day he'll just cave-in and go back to poor needy Meredith! (Oh, and why was she wearing a plaster? I totally missed that).

6. Pregnant Nazi...could be interesting I guess. I hope they treat the story-line o.k.moreless

i couldnt stop watching!

this episode everyone gets closer. george become Burke's man they become closer after an incident in surgery.meredith handles herself well in the face of all the hospital staff and carried hersefl well.

By stephshady, Sep 06, 2010

personally i think Addison and derek are fooling themselves, cos really addie is staying back cos of more pay and her job and not necessarily for derek, i think derek's just the icing on the cake.i loved mere in this episode, men all the tongues wagging mist of them envious. then the most amazing thing was the pregnant guy. seriously is that for real? i love the way all the interns are bonding gradually and have each other's backs. i love the way burke confesses his relationship with christina to the chief, i think it was admirable of him. and meredith held her head high in the face of the wagging tongues, i tot it was really admirable,she really carried herself well. mcdreamy you have made your bed now you have to lie on it.moreless

Cristina, Izzie and Meredith take care of Shane, a man who appears to be crazy and claims that he is pregnant. Meanwhile, Derek treats a girl in a wheelchair. Derek and Addison go to couple's counseling

By LadyFrozen, Sep 06, 2010

I liked this episode very much

I thought it was very funny that they really thought Shane was pregnant and also that Christina has to do all the dirty work :)

But I disliked the way Meredith behave in this episode she was very weird and I hope that she isnt that way the next episode :)

Great episode!!

By JoJo_81, Sep 06, 2010

Each episode I like Bailey more. The way she stopped Derek from going to Meredith was great. Eventhough she didn\'t approve the relationship at first, she now helped Meredith by telling Derek to leave her alone.

Burke and Cristina are a bit strange together. I do think he did a good thing by talking to the Chief. Hopefully, things will work out better for them then did for Derek and Meredith.

I thought the interaction between Alex and his patient was great! It seemed she knocked some sense into Alex (which was about time)! I think Alex is ok, he\'s just afraid to show it.

It looked like George found his place in the hospital assisting Burke.

I also loved the pregnant man. At first it was funny, but later on Meredith was so right telling people it wasn\'t a zoo or something. She felt some kind of connection with that man because people where talking about her instead to her.

It was another great episode!!moreless

Endings and beginnings.

By tdakoo, Sep 06, 2010

Addison and Derek, Burke and Cristina, and Alex and Izzie make steps forward. Meredith gets left behind.

This episode chronicled the changing relationships of he characters and Meredith's difficulties being viewed as a zoo animal. She can't escape the whispers and stares and as Dr. Bailey says, she's a human traffic accident and everyone is stopping to watch. Poor Meredith sees herself in the "pregnant" man, everyone talks about her even when she's right there as they do to Shane. She finds a kindred spirit in him and it helps her grieve for Derek a bit.

My favorite moment of the episode came when Bailey stops Derek from talking to Meredith. What she says is so true, and you can tell that he is so pained with the thought of staying away from Meredith. and then later in the therapists office you can see that Derek and Addison shouldn't be together as they're each hiding something huge from the other. She doesn't tell him that the Chief has offered her a great job and a great salary at the hospital and that's what is keeping her there, while he doesn't tell her that Bailey is making him stop talking to Meredith, not Addison. Their voices say they're moving forward but their actions, the missed holding of hands from each of them, tell another story entirely. Their therapist must suck if he missed that one.

The medical cases this week were bizarre once again, the pregnant man and the woman whose heart catches on fire were out there. But the paralyzed girl gave Alex a chance to show he has heart.

moreless

Somes things come to an end while others are just beginning...

By lostnalone, Sep 06, 2010

Fantastic episode...

Meredith and Derek's relationship coming to a close. Meredith was really torn up and battled through it and has accepted her loss.

Derek and Addison's councelling session at the end was interesting- obviously Addison got what she wanted and Derek has accepted that he lost Meredith and needs to make an effort with his marriage. I hope the banter between the Shepards doesn't disappear.

Once again, Bailey's interaction with Derek exposes glimpses of her true nature. I am liking her more with each episode!

Bourke and Cristina's realtionship reaches a new level. Bourke did the right thing =O) Looking forward to see how this unfolds.

Alex and Izzie... well well well! Took a long time coming but that was some move he pulled off! Way to get your Mojo back Alex.

A great episode- looking forward to the next episodes...moreless

Load More Reviews