NBC Renews Hannibal and About A Boy

By Kaitlin Thomas

May 09, 2014

Put down the knife and back away from the NBC executive! The network has renewed the critically acclaimed drama Hannibal for Season 3, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Not only is the drama one of the best-looking shows on TV, it's also the first to be born from the brilliant mind of Bryan Fuller that's lasted more than two seasons. (Fuller's previous series Dead Like Me and Pushing Daisies each made it to two seasons before getting the axe, but Wonderfalls didn't even get to finish its first season before Fox cut it short.) Who knew that the secret to success was beautiful but disgusting murders crafted around complex characters? 

Additionally, the network has renewed the much-less-dark Jason Katims comedy About A Boy for Season 2. 

While it's party time for Fuller, Katims, and fans of those two shows, it's nail-biting time for NBC series still left on the bubble. Basically, every bubble renewal that comes in lessens the chances that other bubble shows will get another season. I'm looking at you, Revolution and Community. UPDATE: Both Revolution and Community, plus three other shows, have been felled by NBC's axe.

Stick around, folks, because we expect more renewals (and probably some cancellations) to be announced shortly!

Are you excited for more Hannibal and About A Boy?

Check the Status of Your Favorite Shows:
What's Renewed, What's Canceled, and What's Still In Between?

• Comments (92)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • yamachamama May 13, 2014

This is my design!

• tigger_bounch May 12, 2014

Good move NBC
    I can slightly hate you less

• ted2332 May 10, 2014

I am glad Hannibal is continuing.
    I was a bit skeptical about it before watching it but it is really good.

• _Kevin_K_ May 10, 2014

So glad for Bryan Fuller, every show he's made is great TV and finally one of them gets to have a 3rd season. I would never have guessed it would be a show so graphic and dark as Hannibal, and on NBC on all networks, but I'll take it.
    Now if NBC keeps it for the 4 more planned seasons it will almost make it up for Community.

• iccaruz May 10, 2014

Wth! I have to buy a new TV. I've thrown it out since there's no real reason to watch.

• treeton127 May 10, 2014

Yes!!!! I'm so happy Hannibal has been renewed for season 3. This is the news I've been waiting for!

• edwardbardo5 May 10, 2014

Yay! Yay! Wooohoooo! I am so glad to see that quality television can survive on the networks. In these days where I am afraid to commit to a drama on network TV due to being left in the cold from a cancellation, I have stuck with Hannibal. As a lover of the books and movies based on Thomas Harris' books, this has been a dark and intelligent pleasure I have partaken of!

• ArkhamNative May 10, 2014

Huge audiences don't generally like "good television." I'm grateful for whatever conspirations got Hannibal a renewal. I'm also a big fan of Brian Fuller. I suppose the simplest reason is "his dialog doesn't suck".

I still think Mockingbird Lane deserves to be shown as an annual Halloween special. It's better than the Grinch for Christmas. Make it happen, NBC.

• No1Slayerette May 10, 2014

And here I had pretty much come to accept Hannibal would be cancelled... Happy days!

• rsnones May 09, 2014

Everybody loves Hannibal!!!

• See More Comments (49)