Hannibal: Watch the Sick New Trailer for Season 2 (VIDEO)

By Kaitlin Thomas

Jan 19, 2014

I don't know whose bright idea it was to hold Hannibal's panel at the Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour during breakfast, but that person is either very sick, a genius, or a sick genius. There's something about watching the new trailer for Season 2 (which kicks off on February 28) while chowing down on bacon and sausage that makes you really question your life choices. But right now, I'm pretty okay with those choices, because this trailer is really well-done and totally sick... as in awesome, of course. Click play and experience its beautiful horror for yourself:

And here are some additional highlights from panel:

– Series creator Bryan Fuller said the first episode of Season 2 could also be described as Episode 14 of Season 1, because it closely deals with the events of the finale. The premiere is a two-parter, with the second half airing March 7.

– Eddie Izzard, Gillian Anderson, and Raul Esparza will all be back for Season 2. Amanda Plummer will guest-star as someone who'll make you think twice about getting acupuncture. 

– Fuller called the show's imagery and storylines "borderline fantasy," and said that stylizing the violence heightens it so it's a little less real. "I'm sensitive," Fuller said, "I watch dog videos all day to get to a happy-enough place to come back." If the crime scenes looked more real, he wouldn't be able to do the show. 

– The stag in Will's mind is a "cool excuse to do surreal imagery," Fuller said, pointing out that it has feathers because Will amalgamated the ravens and the stags. The stag was Will's first look at "what Hannibal Lecter was capable of," which is why he was so traumatized. That's when Hugh Dancy jokingly cut in: "[Will] is so oversensitive!" 

– Fuller went on to describe the stag as "Will's patronus, in a way," because he's just like the rest of us/a marketing genius.

• Comments (89)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • DavidSinger Jan 22, 2014

I'm convinced NBC never really watched this before airing it. It's too well done. It's a cable show that snuck onto broadcast. Whoever didn't screen this originally should be rewarded.

• sortamydesign Jan 21, 2014

i'm so hype for this but i'm worried because it's on friday nights and on nbc

• marcusj1973 Jan 21, 2014

Two words...HELL YEAH!!!

• JacquelinePal Jan 21, 2014

I've seen the trailer twice... oh god I want to see this now... ugh... Hannibal gets active in this season. I can't wait to see that episode between Jack and him. EEEE!! I'M EXCITED!!!! <3

• liisterinen Jan 21, 2014

once again, we get a video that can`t be watched outside of the states.....

aaaaaanyway, this looks so good! i still can`t believe how brilliant and perfect this show is!

• aliceapple Jan 21, 2014

I did the exact same thing....I curse many an embedded geography specific video. Many thanks for posting! And it saves me the bother!

• Savvytvfan91 Jan 21, 2014

Bless you friend!!!!! I was so pissed then scrolled down to complain about the video then you. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ChicN Jan 21, 2014

Hannibal (Mads) jumping up to break down the door and knife up Jack. My reaction? "Good gracious that man is hot...so graceful as he shanks a FBI agent. Mmmmm." I should probably be concerned.

• JennVanDerEij Jan 21, 2014

a lovely day for it to start.... on my bday lol xD

• DuoMaxwell007 Jan 21, 2014

cant wait. Hannial and Bates Motel = best shows on tv

• Eric10301 Jan 21, 2014

I remember when this was first announced and I scoffed at the idea of a Hannibal show on NBC of all places. I have never been so happy to be so wrong. This show is among the very best of television.

• ludoTV Jan 21, 2014

Yep, anything on NBC gives me pause (though The Blacklist is not bad and Grimm's solid fun) and then the risk that a show about Harris' characters is just going to exploit the popularity... And yet, this show was my fav new show last season and it looks as if this season is going to be even more awesome!

• Marburg66 Jan 21, 2014

Me too. Before it aired, I was almost scoffing up blood & had every intention to not give it a chance. I'm a big Bryan Fuller fan though & once I read he was behind it, I figured "eeh ok. Why not?"
    Even though it's on NBC, Hannibal being on that network just kinda proves the old saying: Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    Heh!

• AriSky Jan 21, 2014

Oh man. I am the giddiest. All of the notes were beautiful, too. It's nice to see the more human side of this show's creator. And I also get this distinct feeling Hannibal is going to be just these two seasons, three at the very most. If the stretch it more than that, they'll lose what makes it so incredibly exquisite as a series.

• See More Comments (24)