Happy Endings Goes from Canceled to VERY Canceled

By Tim Surette

Jun 29, 2013

Well, we can't exactly call this unexpected news. After months of assuming Happy Endings would be canceled, and then after it was canceled by ABC but we all hoped that maybe a different network would pick it up, we now know that Happy Endings is OFFICIALLY officially canceled. Deadline reports that after weeks of trying to find a new home for the show, Sony TV has given up, and the cast's contracts expire this weekend.

After the show's axing at the hands of ABC, there was word that the comedy might be shipped off to a cable network like USA (which showed initial interest), TBS, or TNT. But USA passed, and no other networks stepped in to pick it up. Crazy speculation: The lack of a big-name star didn't help, as Courteney Cox's name being attached to Cougar Town did when Cougar Town moved to TBS.

It's a shame, because anyone with a funny bone knows that Happy Endings was the funniest Friends-ripoff-inspired comedy since Ross and Rachel got married. If you're looking for someone to blame, you can point your fingers at ABC for its lousy scheduling and marketing of Happy Endings. But really the bastards who got this show canceled were the people of America! Screw you, people of America!

• Comments (151)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • ShrooqBlaBla Apr 19, 2014

god stupid people it was an amazing funny show with an amazing cast

• alexson Mar 26, 2014

Another amazing show ends prematurely. I can't believe the stuff people will watch over a gem of a show like this, and also can't believe the network didn't advertise this show better when it was on. Unbelievable the ratings it got on this site/Imdb, people suck.

• prowly Jul 05, 2013

Hey, you know what? It's cool. This means the Coach can return to New Girl. Later, Winston.

• slipknot1485 Jul 02, 2013

True Happy Endings fans. We need to start a Kickstarter movement for a 4th season. Screw networks. If Veronica Mars can get a movie. I think we can get a 4th season.

• adelaive Jul 10, 2013

It was good, but not THAT good.

• dh4645 Jul 02, 2013

that sucks hard H.E. was so great!

• ElizabethCast Jul 02, 2013

I'm gonna miss it. Next to 2 Broke Girls this show was the silly comedy I looked forward too watching.

• julianwiley Jul 01, 2013

Q: For those who don't like a certain TV show, why are you commenting on the story in the first place? Yes I know: freedom of speech yada yada -- no one's trying to deny your "rights". But the negative comments are unnecessary and a real turn-off. I really liked "Happy Endings" and am sorry to see it go, but if I wasn't a fan of the show I wouldn't be on this page to begin with.

• phonzee101 Jul 01, 2013

Well it's a good thing I live in Canada.

• True2Mind Jul 01, 2013

The show was OK - I did keep watching all the way, but the show suffered from over acting and I think that is the main reason it didn't work ...

• kutzcd Jul 05, 2013

But over acting was part of the schtick that made it so funny.

• True2Mind Jul 07, 2013

It was too much over in my opinion...

• WillianStein Jul 01, 2013

If it's any consolation people did not watch this show, so that they'd have time to watch brilliant masterpieces such as 'So you think you can juggle while singing acapella"...

you people suck

• See More Comments (84)