Harry's Law

Show Reviews (32)

Great

Another quirky Kelly dramedy goes away

By thomasson96, Oct 17, 2013

There were some good reasons to like the show and there were some reasons why the show probably got cancelled. The good is that it was reminiscent of Boston Legal, which I loved! The first season gave us an original take on yet another lawyer show, it had some good stories, good characters, and a unique setting. Here comes the bad. Losing the original team of the shoe store law firm in the second season was upsetting, probably for many viewers as well. I'm a fan of Boston Legal but there were probably too many references to that show to allow Harry's Law to stand on it's own. Speaking of the title character, why did Harry have to stay so ornery? She left (or got pushed) out of the old life that she hated and got bounced (by a car no less) into a new life path. A path she seemingly/grudgingly accepted and welcomed, but her character never expresses much outward joy or satisfaction. That is really a small criticism on the character which didn't take away from the show very much for me. The biggest flaw for me was that show started to leave me unsatisfied. There were too many loose ends in many of the episodes leaving me with no closure. Granted, I haven't finished watching all the episodes yet but so far they do not seem to go back to old cases at all. I still want to know what happens to the great ape! I can appreciate that you can't always get a clean and satisfactory ending all the time but there were just too many loose ends. This is what probably killed the show in my the move away from the original premise.moreless

Harry's come-arounds

By ironman166, Feb 11, 2013

I'm glad the show got cancelled! The show did a dis-service to the original viewers by abandoning the original cast. The first season worked well enough not to be changed. This weeks episode about the car crash again, was some crap the average person did not want forced down their throat.

Arghh!

By dcg2u, Dec 17, 2012

NOOOOOOO!

Loved the Show!!!

By dien316, Dec 07, 2012

Hated to see it end. Loved the 3 part episode of Kathy and Jean Smart fighting over a presumed murderer, for me it was a total tear jerker. I hope they release the whole series on DVD. Great show!

Incedible series! Amazing cast!

By heavenlygal101, Sep 08, 2012

I loved Harry's Law so much! I really wish it was coming back!!! Kathy Bates is phenomenal as Harry Korn. Here's hoping that she wins an Emmy for the role no matter how short lived it may have been.

Harrys Law

By DaveStather, Jul 12, 2012

What a great show this was. Thought Boston Legal couldn't be bettered. How wrong was I. Great cast and wonderfully funny stories. We in the UK are going to miss this show. David E Kelly should start his own network! :-)

Love This Show!

By hrpyxis, Jun 17, 2012

NBC finally puts a show on with a cast of grown-ups and then tosses it. What a shame! I really enjoyed the show and the actor who made up the cast. Bring it back!

Bring it Back!

By Mkbeth913, May 31, 2012

This is one of the best shows on tv this season and it's a shame it's been cancelled because of the "age" of its fans. Kathy Bates and the cast were perfect in their roles and the issues addressed were current and of interest to the general public. Yes, some crazy fun, but that makes the show easier to address the tougher scenarios. Why do the networks keep canceling shows that make sense and leave the Bachelor/Bachelorette, Runway models, and Kardashian type things wasting air space & time? What a shame to lose this show! I hope the network will be overrun with complaints and reconsider bringing it back. I, for one, will definitely miss it greatly.moreless

A pleasure to watch

By FriendlyAli, May 29, 2012

I'm very sorry to see this that this show is cancelled. It was such an intelligent show; loved how it shined a spotlight on some serious questions, and battled them out in court. Also doses of humour, a bit of romance, interesting characters with depth, good acting, and good writing. Icing on the cake was that it featured an intelligent, strong and successful woman who happened to be older and looked normal (ie not the usual anorexic tight-outfitted protagonists of David Kelley shows!). You just had to root for Harry Korn as she brilliantly argued her cases this last season. I don't know what NBC was thinking-- but clearly they're aiming to sink even lower in the ratings! Loved how they went out; that last episode had class.moreless

Load More Reviews