Great

Who could think of this as bad?

By afliador8, Jul 21, 2012

This is the funniest cartoon ever. It's my favorite series that has been cancelled. It was always things that didn't make sense. It was a series so bad that it was awesome. The end was acidic, but at least the series ended as a cool series should: without the opportunity to come back. The best adult swim series ever.

I'll take the case!

By That_TV_Dude, Feb 02, 2011

This has got to be one of the funniest parodies based on Hannah Barabara's cartoons ever made. The show is about Harvey Birdman, former hero who still defends justice by becoming a lawyer. Harvey takes on cases from the cast of the Flintstones to the cast of Scooby Doo. He also has friends who help him, but more hinder him and there are crazy prosecutors. The show has a great majority of the Hannah Barabara cartoon characters and do parodies of all of them based on their personalities. To say it's hilarious to see the characters like this is an understatement. They are all so crazy, from Mentok the Mindtaker to Phil and to X the Eliminator, this show makes every character unbelievably funny. The episodes are usually about Harvey taking a case and his friends try to help him, but end up making things worse for him, but what makes it so great is that no one is concerned with how the case goes. There are episodes that do not involve cases but time travel and romance instead, they are great as well. The humor in this show is mostly random, and it is always done well. There is never a joke in this show that will not make you laugh. I really thought this was one of the greatest shows ever to air on Adult Swim and I would like it to be back in reruns. Go see this show on DVD and feel the power...OF ATTORNEY!moreless

Feel the power.........OF ATTORNEY!

By Whizkid103, Feb 01, 2011

Ok, how many of you know Harvey Birdman?

That superhero guy with the wings? Erm......he use to have his tv show? The dude with the purple bird!

There, it's coming back to you, isn't it?

Let's say that we take this superhero and have him become a lawyer? Not just that, let's make him take cases on beloved cartoon characters. Like Scooby-Doo, Boo-boo, Droopy.

That's what this show does. And, let me tell you, it does a fantastic job!

Harvey dosen't sove these cases alone, oh no. He has help from Avenger(That purple bird I was telling you about), his assistant Peanut(Also has wings), and Bird-Girl(Really the daughter of Phil Sabben, the head honcho of Harvey's work place)

He has some enemies too, like Reducto, a little green "alien" with a shrink ray.

This show is laugh-out-loud funny! [adult swim]can make a lot of great shows! Better than Nick, or Disney can!

You have to watch this show!moreless

A very original show.

By tangerine_tea, Oct 07, 2008

The premise of Harvey Birdman is definitely an original one. Harvey acts an attorney, assisting other old, Hanna-Barbera characters. With hilarious results. Harvey Birdman is a well-acted and written show that has a familiar Space Ghost style of spirit and charm. It utilizes a certain degree of continuity and has many references, but the show is never too referential that it becomes annoying. While the stiff, flash animation annoys me (though the first season was traditionally animated I believe), I can mostly ignore this due to the usually excellent execution. To put it simply, Harvey Birdman is just fun to watch.moreless

iloveharveybirdman!

By Cutthedinosawrs, Sep 06, 2008

harvey birdman is a great show although i havent seen many episodes because im usually watching something else.I think the show is great they shouldnt have canceled it.Its pretty bad that they did but well anyways.,My favorite episode was probably the one With scooby doo Its pretty funny and well watchable.Unlike The tim and eric crappy show.OR tom goes to the mayor.But then again adult swims program is mainly pretty good..better than cartoon network at least.Anyways this show Doesnt have too many cheesy jokes and doesnt always joke about going to the bathroom because thats what alot of adult swims programming is.moreless

As funny as it is weird.

By TinnieMaster, Jul 06, 2008

I first came across Birdman while on holiday in Majorca when I was 13. I remember vividly watching it with these 2 hot German twins and laughing whenever he shouted 'Bi-ii-irdMAN'. It was really, really corny. But this was back in the day when Cartoon Network didn't have much to show other than the really old-fashioned 1960's and 70's stuff. The last thing I ever imagined is that Birdman would come back in the 21st century to be re-invented as Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law at the Sebben and Sebben law firm.

He's a bit of a dunderhead. And a bighead and a sociophobe and rude but you can't help but love him. Avenger is still his sidekick (only cuter than he was previously) and his boss is Phil Ken Sebben, a one-eyed ladies man. Among the various, random people who work for the firm are Peanut (a Birdman wannabe), Peter Potamus, Reducto and a big cuddly bear who always seems to be smiling (and applauding all on his own at inappropriate moments). My fave character has to be Judge Mentok the Mindtaker (OOOOO-EEEEEE-OOOOOO-EEEEEE!!!!), he just really, really funny.

Harvey's typical cases involve him defending the likes of Shaggy and Scooby, Fred Flintstone, Boo-Boo and George Jetson. Getting in the way of cases going smoothly are and abundance of rapid-fire jokes that come at you from all angles and will probably disorientate you if you're not sure where they're coming from. Sometimes you might have to watch an episode twice as the the dialogue is usually delivered very quickly and you might lose your place among the cryptic references and wildly outlandish humor.

In truth, it's a show for Adults. Even though the jokes are only mildly suggestive there is no way a child could fully understand everything that is going on unless they are an uber-uber-geek. This is a show made for people who love stuff like Family Guy, not Spongebob Squarepants.

Oh, and I love that theme song. They must release some kind of soundtrack CD for this show. Why? Because Mentok WILLS it so!moreless

Put it on FOX

By crzza, Apr 04, 2008

"Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law" is a pretty good show that airs on Adult Swim, the adulteratedd block from 11-5am on Cartoonetwork. It's a comedy. It's not exactly my favorite show in the world but it still is a show I'm a fan of. It's a Adult Swim orgininal. I started watching it when it first came on and I didn't know much about it but after I figured it out, I started to watch it alot. Harvey rules! He should be on FOX! Not Adult Swim! Hardly anyone gets to see it on Adult Swim unlike if it were on FOX.moreless

R.I.P.

Birdman

1967-2007

By Anime10, Jan 01, 2008

I remember when I was a kid I used to watch the 60's Birdman classic cartoons on CN when I was a kid. Birdman was a superhero who saves the world 24/7. Then Williams Street created this show "Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law" which premiered on [adult swim] in 2001. Birdman works as a lawyer to help characters like Droopy, Scooby Doo, and most other familiar characters created by Hanna-Barbara win the case in every court session. In most episodes you'll see some characters driving Birdman crazy. I say that this show is well-created. It always takes me by suspense. But after seeing what happened on the series finale, it was shocking what happened seeing Birdman died in a way that was unpredictable and I laughed so hard. Overall, Birdman is one of the coolest Hanna-Barbara characters ever made and he will definately be missed. May he rest in peace.moreless

omfg this show is so freaking funny i almost died when it ended...

By ionic-shade, Sep 18, 2007

Harvey Birdman: Attorney at law was such an accomplishment.I really loved the show because of it's characters, the funniness just the shire randomness of the show got me laughing my lungs out in every episode.The story was also great.In my opinion this show ended in the best way possible but i still want birdman to live.Also i've been thinking whether or not they should make more Harvey Birdman Attorney at law.In my opinion i want it to continue but then again it did end so dramatically and coolly.So i don't really know what to think is going to happen to Harvey Birdman.Well this show rules i loved it and i give it a ten out of ten as in one of the best shows around.moreless

Whatever happened to all of our favorite Hanna/Barbera superheroes?

By tmkreutzer, Sep 14, 2007

Harvey Birdman, Attorney At Law has to be one of the greatest cartoon parodies ever produced. Anyone who grew up watching the shows that Hanna Barbera produced through most of the 1960s can identify instantly with this show. Using those familiar over-the-top characters in a more mundane, more modern world, Harvey Birdman creates situations that are absolutely hilarious. What else would Apache Chief do after he saves the Earth but have a coffee?

The show has great writing and great voice characterizations, and draws upon lots of sources for its humor. It is both subtle and slapstick and can be enjoyed on a lot of different levels. Even re-runs are fun because you can catch different jokes every time you watch it.

I score this irreverent poke at the good old cartoons of the 1960 a high 9.5.moreless

Load More Reviews