Hell On Wheels Has a Season 4 Premiere Date

By Tim Surette

May 29, 2014

AMC is splitting the tracks on the fourth season of its period drama Hell On Wheels. The network has announced a return date for the next round of the Anson Mount-starring Western, as well as an end date, and another return date. Let me explain!

Hell On Wheels will debut its fourth season on Saturday, August 2 at 9pm. It will run for 10 episodes through October 4, then take a break during AMC's annual FearFest in the scary month of October. And once you've eaten all your Halloween candy and your sugar coma has subsided, you can tune in for three more episodes beginning on Saturday, November 8. Yep, that adds up to a 13-episode fourth season, up from the 10-episode runs of Seasons 1, 2, and 3.

In Season 4, AMC promises that civilization will tame the West via the Iron Horses that so many men spent the first three seasons building, and that pens in the trusty hands of government bureaucrats will replace guns in the steady palms of 'slingers as the show's weapons of choice. Get ready for "conflict between government and big business, ranchers, homesteaders, and the railroad" as "all of those interests compete with one another for control of Cheyenne, Wyoming, the 'Magic City of the Plains' and the most important railroad hub in the country." Hell On Wheels is getting political, y'all! 

Are you ready for more Hell On Wheels? What do you hope to see in Season 4?

• Comments (28)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • boonebaboon 2 days ago

This is the best show ever got in to it on Netflix now can't get a nuff of it

• JAMESGANGMOMMA Jul 19, 2014

MY HUSBAND AND I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SHOW. CAN'T WAIT TILL THE 2ND.

• babybubbles44 Jul 16, 2014

I love this series and I am so happy it is coming back with a fourth season. I bought season one and two on DVD and plan to buy season 3. This series rates up there with Lonesome Dove and other great classics. My hat is off to the writer and all those that made it all possible for us to enjoy. THANKS!

• DavidFinucane Jul 08, 2014

AMC has proven that with this show they could revive the western genre. They need to make more westerns and put them on Saturdays too.

• sharonsassergolgan Jul 08, 2014

This is such a good series. I was afraid that they would end the show without finishing the story. I am so thankful for a long 4th season. I grew up on westerns like Bonanza, The Rifleman, but haven't watched a western in many years until Hell on Wheels. I really feel like this show depicts the real way the RR was really built and the way that women were treated in the quest for the west and the land grab from the Native Americans. Thanks to AMC for such a fine story. They have shown that a cable station can produce a better quality of show and a much more addictive interest that all of the Network stations who seem to only want to make cheep reality crap. This is awesome.

• stevewesternfan Jul 06, 2014

Have always loved Westerns, Open Range, Silverado, Unforgiven, Lonesome Dove; and I think Hell on Wheels is in that class. The show is well written, with excellent attention to detail and a fair helping of historical accuracy, plus I have never, ever seen better horsemanship in a movie or TV than Mr. Bohannon.
    All in all, I feel that Hell on Wheels will earn it's place as a "Classic Western".

• sambumwee Jun 14, 2014

I remember how a lot of peopled dogged this show out and some continue to do so even though they haven't watched more than the first couple of episodes. Now that Breaking Bad is done and Mad Men is done (never seen Mad Men but it must be good) This is AMC's best show. The Walking Dead is OK but just so overrated. I will take Hell On Wheels any day. I loved it from the get go, even with all of it's flaws. I am so glad AMC decided to give it a chance and keep renewing it because now with the new show runner, everything has been trimmed down to a more contained and interesting story and it is better for it. The differences between the first 2 seasons and season 3 are so overwhelming. It came back as an almost completely different show. A better show. Now one of the best in my opinion. As much as I always loved it, Season 3 really fulfilled the promise and hope I had for it when I first saw the trailer for season one. Plus it is the only real western on TV. It must go on.

• lalainevalcor Jun 13, 2014

my goodness!!!I'm from Mindanao Philippines,I truly missed cullen Bohannon and Mr Ferguson......see you two guys on your fourth season..

• RobertFogler Jun 18, 2014

Mr Ferguson is dead.

• webercann Jun 08, 2014

Since I live in Nebraska, I am addicted to this show and learning the history of the Union Pacific Railroad. North Platte was a "Hell on Wheels" town before it was a city. I can't pass a railroad track or see the UP locomotives without thinking of what those people went through in this state to survive. The winters are cold and the wind is brutal. Cheers to "Hell on Wheels"

• ted2332 May 30, 2014

Good news about getting a date for its return. It is probably best to think of the last three episodes as a bonus worth waiting for :)

• See More Comments (14)