Hysterical Blindness

Episode Reviews (27)

Great

Slowly Heroes rebuilds, correcting past mistakes.

By SMGslayer97, Jun 08, 2011

They're working on individual focus instead of crammin every last character into every single episode, though now I remember how difficult it is to remember every detail from week to week. They've moved away from the land of unrealistic never fully explained sci-fi blarmy that doesn't really mean anything (I still don't get the carlyst thing from volume 3) and are just making the show without listening to what the fans thinks they want.

Slowly somewhat unsteadily this volume is restoring Heroes. From volume to volume I've had my opinions about Heroes, usually different from most fans but I've always remained interested. Even in volume 4, which was my least favorite for a lot of reasons, I always remained curious. But I must admit from volume to volume things could be very inconsistent. One year I liked it (S1), the next I was a little bored (S2), then I adored it (Vol 3), then I got frustrated with the show (Vol 4). These are just geneal comments on the volumes overall but I think this may be the year where Heroes finally starts trying to really find it's consistent footing. Rather then focus on correcting mistakes they think they're making, pleasing fans, or writing the show volume by volume they should just make the show. The biggest thing it had originally was originality. They seemed to get distracted by other things as time went on whether the problem was time itself traveling that is and overly powerful characters, fan reactions or stretched out poor plots lines. It felt as though they never seemed to plan out the show in a large scoop like say a Joss Whedon and as a result the show has been way to spontaneous. I get the instinct to try and write as they go but it just doesn't work with a show of this magnitude (I call Lost as my first witness), especially in terms of complication. Back story alone requires immense thought. But I think maybe all of that has really sunk in.

Which ties into the actual episode. Let's start with Sylar. I won't get into my adoration of both the character and Zach himself but I will say that Sylar has always been and will always be their strongest character. They recognized it early on but faced the same problem all great shows face when they turn a pure antagonist into a actual fleshed out character. Which way do they go? No matter the choice someone will be displeased. They seemed to really make the right choice in not solidly picking either road but trying both as the moved Sylar from a clear cookie cutter villain into a 'grey' (no one will every convince me that isn't why they picked that as his last name though that's a contradiction in more ways then one) complex fully formed character. I don't think that was their original intention, Zach was actually just a guest star in the beginning, and again as a result there were some problems. Season 2 saw Sylar being bad with or without his powers, to badly corrupted to ever be what he was again. Volume 3 saw the exact opposite in a certain way, Sylar making the choice to try and be Gabriel again which ultimately failed but was a great arc that both added to his complexity and really let us get to know the character in terms of who he was as opposed to what he was. It also backed up Sylar's actions in volume 2, which as I said saw him evil without powers. Volume 4 saw a complete reversion to form (which at the time seemed like a cop out & in some ways it was because they never really did enough with some of the moves they made aka Sylar wasn't Peter's brother after all but Peter did experience the hunger and the reality behind that which was never even acknowledged) and the madness within finally leaking out. I was concerned at the end of volume 4 when Sylathan was born that they were trying to wipe the board clean in terms of Sylar because they just didn't know what to do with him. Wiping the board would have been okay, consistent with the story of his character and a good surprised which they are fond of with Sylar but I was still a little unsure that returning him to evil wasn't a cop out. But luckily they seemed to realize or possibly even known all along that there is no clearn slate for Sylar. If he were to somehow try to become good again (again) and actually suceed the damage is done. He can never take back what he has done, he can never really undo Sylar even if he can be Gabriel again someday. I am convinced he can, that some part of Gabriel will always live inside him (that person didn't just get erased when he got his powers). But again it's just not that simple. They've since dropped Sylathan (thank god because that could have been such a waste of Sylar's character and all focused shoved on everyone thinking he was Nathan) but they've kept Sylar blank. He doesn't know who he is but just as when he was Sylathan the clock still ticks, the hunger still lies within and as I've always said Sylar will not be contained not even be himself. This episode showed a fightened person no more a murderer then innocent Claire, confused and alone. He had chances to kill people but didn't. He discovered his powers and did no real damage with them. He followed Samuel blindly into the carnival and experienced things in terms of beauty, something we've seen Sylar do with Elle for example. But is that Sylar or Gabriel? Where is the line? The two are intertwined that there really is no seperating them. As I said only chances for the show to utalize an amaingly character I don't think they even really meant to create, at leasy to the deree they have done (makes me wonder what the hell they are thinking with some of the other chaacters). They have yet to disappoint me when it comes to Sylar (I was angry when they let a lot of his volume 3 stuff slide but who knows if that won't change soon and I was concerned when they made him Nathan but it looks like that's done before it even began so bravo), emotional yes in every way possible but never disappointed. My fondest wish is that they stand by his last name because it's really what the show needs and what all the characters need to see. Within them all exists the dark and the light. But are they ever really seperate, is it really one or the other? Is it Peter or Sylar? Or like with Sylar is it both at the same time. I know on paper he can been seen as a villain even with the complexities they've embodied in him but again can it really be that black and white especially when human rules don't apply? You have a quarter, one side is heads. One is tails. But aren't they both a part of the same coin?

Oh and some other characters appeared! I was pleased to see Peter interact and connect with another person and as I've mentioned Emma is the perfect person for him at this time in his life. Whether they become romantic or not is irrelevant because honestly there's a lot they can both learn from each other. Emma discovered that that her power has something more to it then just pretty colors but I would have placed money on that. Though I still don't totally get it. At first I thought she was developing some sort of sonar but I'm thinking not seeing as she cracked her wall with whatever it is she can do. Claire had a moment with Gretchen but honestly at this point I don't know what to make of it so I'm just going to leave that one alone till I see more. And (to mention Sylar again) Sylar ended up of all places at the carnival. Yea, let's smother a forrest fire with napom. That'll just have fantastic results. They always give Sylar the best stuff in every sense. But Samuel has no idea what he's in for. The carnival itself is no safe haven band of outcasts looking for their own kind and safety from the cruel world that doesn't understand or accept them...okay they are all of those things but they are also murderers and decievers. They take full advantage of the fact that society (as all the characters have learned) casts them out and fears them. But they are not a band of friendly carnival folk where the characters we know and love can find solice. You want to point a finger and find a real villain point at the people in that carnival. Some of them may be there for good reason, some of them may not even be bad in the strictest sense but I guarantee you that Samuel isn't playing with a full deck. He's a bad, bad boy and bad boys all get what's coming to them on this show. Always.moreless

Heroes on their way back to greatness.

By edsanity89, Jun 08, 2011

Many fans have left Heroes since Volume 2 I presume, but I continued watching it, I remained loyal to the show. I'm glad I did because as of late, Heroes is getting better and better. This whole episode was interesting and they continue to do a great job with Sylar and his character in whole. They have wiped his memory and he believes he is good now. I still think that he'll be troubling Matt Parkman's mind in the mean time. He joins Samuel and the carnival folks at the end of the episode and what a great way to end the episode, they don't know what they have done, if Sylar decides to return to his evil ways they are in for a ride of their lives. Rebecca a sorority leader who recruits Claire is working for Samuel as well. She was the one who pushed Claire's old roommate out of the window and she wants to reveal Claire's secret to everyone as well and she's the reason that we find out that Gretchen has been obsessing over Claire and that she has a huge crush on her too. I saw this coming but I couldn't wait for it, Gretchen ends up kissing Claire. They've made Claire's character exciting now, I hope she likes it haha. Peter gets Emma's powers after having to touch her by saving her from a bus seconds away from hitting her. Emma has the ability to see the form of music and sound through colours in the air. Peter and Emma are introduced to each other through this ability and it seems like a romance will be blossoming with them and I find that really interesting and at the end of the episode, Hiro teleports to Peter as he is nearing his death.

I think the writers of Heroes have finally learnt that they don't need to squash in every single character in one episode. They are doing a great job now and I love where Heroes is going. I can't wait to see what unfolds with Sylar, Samuel and his family and I can't wait to see what happens with Gretchen and Claire, it looked like she might have enjoyed that kiss. The blossoming relationship between Peter and Emma intrigues me. I believe they can learn a lot from each other. Angela and Peter also don't even know that Nathan is completely gone now, though I believe he may appear again in some sort of form or another. I actually hope Hiro dies but his future self comes into play and I love how Ando and Hiro's sister are engaged.

Heroes is doing great once more, it's not the best yet like it was in Season 1 but it's going to eventually get there if they continue being consistent.moreless

Lydia cautions Samuel against bringing in new members to their clan. Peter tries to connect with Emma, who wants nothing to do with him, and Sylar struggles to find the person he once was.

By rivas_ju, Jun 08, 2011

Heroes is back!!!!! Great episode questions were answered the story line was goo, there was action and use of special effects my favorite part of the show. Peter and Emma connected I think that part was really cute never saw peter flirting like that. Claire is getting better and better, Gretchen I feel bad for her now, I missed NOAH BENNET aka H.R.G. Sylar was great and not to mention the whole Clan with Samuel was great and Invisible girl she was great at first I dint liked her but when she appear in the Clan she totally got me there I wasn't expecting that one. Hero manage to find Peter that great I feel like I was watching season one for a second... the way the character are connecting with each other is great I love that about the show is way better than S3. Looks like Nathan is gone for good huh? I must say that I like Tracy but I dint miss her at all. Where is Matt? I haven't seen him since the third episode …

Well I am really excited about how the show is heading I can't wait till next money!!!moreless

Woo!

By angim350, Jun 08, 2011

After a pretty rubbish week last week, in fact after a few rubbish seasons... Heroes finally is back on track. Properly. I started this episode thinking this was my last one, then I started to think hmm... this isn't bad and now I've ended with I can't actually wait for next week. It's that good.

There was alot to like about this episode. I have before now called the Claire college story horrific but this week changed it all. It was intriguing with the invisible girl being behind pretty much everything that's gone wrong and they are handleing the lesbian storyline really well. I thought it was sweet. Bravo.

Peter and Emma stands out for me. Those scenes with the music were superb and lovely... two people really connecting over a beautiful thing. Also I liked the twist at the end... it seems she can do some damage with them waves. And Hiro has gone to Peter!!! If anyone can help him it's Peter. Peter for his part remains my favourite charactor.

Sylar! I enjoyed it. I kind of saw it coming but still... a Sylar with no memory is very good. So is Nathen really gone for good? And in the midst of all this... Samuel. His storyline gets more interesting every week. Just what exactly is going on? Still the answers are slowley being revealed and are all the better for it. It makes you want more.

Which I do. I was blown away by this episode... it reached heights I haven't seen Heroes reach for a while. Like I said, about part way through I was thinking this is good but not unmissible but after the ending especially I think it would be a crime to miss next week. Welcome back Heroes!!! We have missed you!moreless

Weeks without Mohinder: 4. Sonic booms + Lesbian kisses + a Ghostbuster =

Pure Excellence.

By RobGrizz, Jun 08, 2011

Season 4 has already started off swimmingly, and I'm glad despite last week's hiccup, the show instantly jumps back on track. Hysterical Blindness might be the best episode so far.

This episode is totally engaging from beginning to end. The 3 main plots this week involve Peter, Claire, and a newly resurrected Sylar. I'll start with Pete, who now is attempting to reconnect with people, starting with Mum. Angela, however is distracted about the absence of Nathan, and it's clear a mother's intuition can tell something is terribly wrong. I liked the way this scene was juxtaposed against Emma and the senior nurse, who we now learn is her mother. She is concerned that what Emma is experiencing may not be synesthesia, but hysterical blindness. Emma still confused wanders in front of a speeding bus, and Peter The Flash saves the day. What was amusing here was the following sequence, where Pete tries to take off again, but his power has now be substituted! I liked the humor played here. Pete later tries to explain to Emma that she has an ability, but of course, it's too crazy to believe. They share a moment at a piano, and later Emma finds a cello in her apt (how'd that get here?). While playing, we discover a new element to her ability- with force, she can cause damage with the colors. Pardon the gamer in me, but I couldn't help thinking of a 'Hado-ken' or 'Sonic boom' from the Street Fighter video games!

It's rush time, and sorority life seems like the perfect (if not obvious) next step for Claire's character. I have no shame in admitting I'm loving the hell out of Claire's college life right now. Could Gretchen be a psycho? Her clingy-ness, and jealousy were played up nicely, at the mixers, with a great Single White Female vibe. The computer in particular was freaky, and the book falling made no sense (more on that later!) I figured it was Heroes up to its stupid random stuff again- Thank God it was explained in a surprisingly effective reveal! Turns out, Gretchen just really has the hots for Claire. And so came the much talked about (and very over-hyped) girl-on-girl kiss. I don't know why people make a big deal about this stuff, and even more baffling is why the show producers didn't decide to keep this a surprise. Imagine the buzz-worthy, water-cooler talk they would have gotten from this the next morning! Sylar A.D. is picked up by the great Ernie Hudson, playing a cop, no less (The Crow)! In comes this GORGEOUS police psychologist, who tries to dig into who this mysterious man covered in blood and mud is. I really loved her sympathetic work here, and holds her own against fine performances from both Zack Quinto and Hudson himself. Here's hoping both characters hang around for a bit. After fingerprints prove Sylar is mom-killer Gabriel Grey, push comes to shove, and Slyar's instincts kick in. Force-pushing E-Hud through the interrogation window was awesome and caught me by surprise! Kidnapping the shrink, and the shootout were all to be expected, but what I didn't see coming was Samuel Sullivan waiting, with open arms! Sam has been speculative about who the newest addition to the 'family' would be (nice breakfast scene, and thank you for answering a question I had last week almost immediately), and it has been interesting seeing them attempt to recruit Peter and Hiro. (How he could get close to Claire is that brilliant reveal I'm getting to.) But the image of him welcoming Sylar with a sinister smile, carnival blazing behind him was absolutely HAUNTING. The fact that it vanished when the police arrived was equally chilling. "Time to pick up the stakes."

On top of all this, was something the show hasn't done in about 3 seasons: a good payoff. Remember that random book that fell? Remember how Samuel revealed they'd been trying to get their hands on Claire? Well it one of the most genuinely satisfying reveals in Heroes ever, it turns out the carnies have a mole in one of the sorority sisters- and she has invisibility! She knocked over the book to get Claire's attention. She tried impale a another girl with the flag pole, and yes- she even killed Claire's old roommate, AND placed the suicide note; something I never thought would be addressed again. Applause. I'm trying really hard not to get too excited about Heroes again, but I may be bursting at the seams. I can't help it- I'm lovin' it right now!moreless

That definitely had some unexpected twists. It isn't the kiss that's slowly pulling me back to Heroes, it's the plot lines. I have to admit, I so didn't see the invisible girl coming (pun intended). Nice touch!

By Knightshade03, Jun 08, 2011

Again, Heroes is continuing to amaze me this season. I hope they keep it up. Peter inadvertently gets Dazzler's powers but in a way sees and shows her the beauty of it. Then in a "dazzling" display we see with enough sound she can do damage. Didn't act like a laser with the room vibrating, more like an optic punch ala Cyclops.

The mysteries surrounding Claire are finally revealed. Turns out her new sorority rush chair is also working with the Carnival. I have to admit, I like that in a weird sort of way. It's more because it was unexpected and didn't see it coming. The flag, and book, and roommate all not accidents. Claire's insistence on there not initially being a note now rings true. Overall well done and relevant to the storyline. We'll have to wait around a little more to see how Dazzler plays out. And to address the kiss, it was a non-issue as far as I'm concerned. If that was done for ratings, it flopped. If it was done as part of the overall story, it was a success. Either way, I could take it or leave it.

Well, it seems now Peter will get Hiro's powers. So now we know where he went.

And finally Sylarr. I hate Sylar, I've hated his character since the beginning, wish he were dead and buried. That being said, his storyline was excellent. As things are slowly being put back together, Gabriel begins to see what he's made of but still doesn't know who he is. The final sequence, where he's accepted and the carnival disappears was brilliantly done, though predictable. I hope Sylar finds a home here, seems he would fit in well. What I hope doesn't happen is he gets his memory back then goes on a rampage slaying everyone and taking their powers. If that happens then that will tell me that the writers have learned nothing from the criticisms. Because, ultimately converting him back into a serial does a huge disservice to the show and the audience. It just makes him not a good villain, and someone who needs to be put down a hole and left there. I'd love to see him actually become part of the "family" and then you get a great Genosha/Magneto faction going. Only time will tell.moreless

Finaly we are back on track!

By mike-kungfull, Jun 08, 2011

I was relieved after watching this episode. For the first 4 episodes of this season I began to worry that the show started to cut the coupons from its former glory. But as I can see now the bigger picture I can say: good ol' Heroes are back! Episode was full of twists and turns, hero powers, mystery and (drums please!) Sylar is back in da house! Looking forward I can say that this season will be great if the authors restrain themself into going into this whole "long talks in churches, bars and desert" mumbo-jumbo like it was done in 2/3 of last chapter.

I won't be doing here a recap of the episode - go watch it yourself. Just wanted to give you all Heroes fans (or turn to be fans) feedback that the Heroes once againg are started to rock and this episode was awsome.moreless

Warning: If you stopped watching Heroes because last season was lame... bad move.

By seafoampheonix, Jun 08, 2011

Why this episode worked so well:

1. Invisible girl using her powers awesomely

2. Claire did not enjoy being kissed by a girl

3.Peter accidentaly stole powers "Hysterical Blindness", and they helped him bond with Emma, a very cute scene indeed.

4. Sylar is back but he is a hobo and not evil yet!

5.Claire scenes were not.... boring?

6. It did not waste time stretching out stuff, it was jam packed with great pacing!

8. The only wtf part came from a plot twist, said invisible girl.

9. Sylar runs away and finds himself at the clutchess of Samuel... very epic.

10. Hiro comes in the last minute... and passes out!

Overall, all time favorite of mine, my sister even started watching mid-episode, cuz it was so good!moreless

Still hit and miss, but far, FAR more hits than last season and last weeks episode in particular. For any one who cares, the ratings ploy worked, with heroes getting 200,000 more viewers than last week. Coupled with it being a good episode, I have hope.

By CrazyBarry, Jun 08, 2011

Heroes is still yet to prove it can string two good epis together, but at the same time I can say for the second time this season that the last episode was the best post season 1 epi ever. Here's hoping next week will, finally, break the mould and produce a good epi.

The Awesome:

Sylar. Oh boy I was not expecting such realism. Seriously. The first scene being the best, and directed perfectly to aid the confusion, second one not so much but ultimately good with sylar throwing the guy through the window, and then reaching the carnival. i am looking forward to it.

Emma and Peter. Freakin loved this, i feel as much chemistry from this as from simone. and the bit with the piano, a wonderful moment.

The Good:

Milo ventigmilia acting for three weeks in row! A record! lol

The amusing way in which he couldn't run fast anymore, with the music this was good. Had me thinkin it was the haitian as well, and i love ambiguity.

The Okay:

Rebecca (Sorority girl) working for Samuel. Okay, yeah dramatic irony, great, ridiculously convoluted but at least gretchen isnt crazy.

The Bad:

The rest of the Gretchen/Claire plot, including the kiss. FORCED!! the lot of it, a means to an end plot. Oh well, what you gonna do, eh? She's the eye candy, they can't get rid of her. Oh and how did a girl with invisibility get from baltimore to arlington in under an hour (we can assume)? hmmmm cough plot hole cough

The intruiging:

Hiro at the end.

The fact that Bryan fuller was meant to be gone after epi 1, yet is still here? And he's the best writer on staff, yet written the only bad epi of the season? Is there a blip in the matrix. I hope not.moreless

very nice

By feraflower, Jun 08, 2011

I'd still like some action but this episode, wow! Very, very nice. Not since Season One have I been so thrilled over seeing an ability develop, not since Season One have I felt that joy of self-discovery. And for all you cowering in the corner, fearing another OC situation, you can come out. It's okay. Yes, there was the gratitous liplock but for now, Claire is Marissa-free. Besides that useless ratings-grab, this episode was stellar. In this episode, Peter and Emma grow closer together, as do Gretchen and Claire;} as they pledge a sorority, and Sylar's identity remains shattered. Samuel and Carnivale:} share a group breakfast, courtesy of the resident micro-emitter and Samuel gives a toast/obligitory-opening-monologue over how their family will soon be complete and those who are lost will find their way back. In case anyone missed it, we get a nice little repeat of the Sylar-Living-Dead-revival. Sylar is picked up by a patrolling cop (Ernie Hudson), who thinks he's drunk. The cop takes him for interrogation and orders a psychiatrist to evaluate him, the two finding Sylar out of his mind. Literally. Turns out Sylar Durden is actually the real Sylar, all the evil parts anyway, and/or the conscious part of his identity. What's left is not Sylar, it's not even Gabriel, the best way to describe it is that he's Echo from Dollhouse. He's in tabula rasa, a clean slate. A literal newborn. And is just me, or does he look a lot like Peter-Season-One right now? I hope it's not just me. At Peter's loft, he decides to reconnect with Angela. He invited Nathan but we all know Nathan's a no-show. Angela is too preoocupied worrying about "Nathan" while Peter realizes Angela hasn't changed that much. Peter kisses his mom goodbye and goes back to work. At college, Claire marvels over how she'll get the chance to finally be a normal girl. A sorority sister named Rebecca is happy to oblige, begging Claire to join her sorority. Gretchen is uneasy but reluctantly agrees after Claire begs her to pledge with her. Emma is interrupted at work by her nurse/mother, trying to figure out a rational explanation for Emma's power. Emma believes her mother thinks she's crazy. Emma's mother takes time to tell her that it's time she find a better job because she's capable of more, but Emma insists she's happy. Her mom says it's not her fault what happened to her brother. What? Interesting detail for later. Emma skips work and sees sweeping blasts of color from the different noises on the street, from the blast of an ambulance siren to a drill. Ohhhhhh. Overwhelmed, Emma loses vertigo and almost gets hit by a car, when it's Peter to the rescue. Peter tries to connect with her, even grazing her hand, but Emma brushes him off. Peter tries to speed back to work in a hilarious moment that would make Peter Parker proud but finds his speed gone. Frustrated, he kicks a garbage can, seeing colors bounce off it. The psychiatrist and Hudson try to grill Sylar but all he remembers is getting shot and withdraws into jittery, post-traumatic shock. The psychiatrist asks Hudson to leave, trying to make Sylar comfortable. She removes the cuffs and Sylar marvels at how he's a newborn, experiencing everything, the feel of the handcuff, the sharp tang of tea, as if he's experiencing it for the first time. The psychiatrist asks him to focus and Sylar rediscovers his intuitive apitutude, hearing the clicking of the watches and tells the psychiatrist her watch is broken. The psychiatrist views this as a good thing, as something in Sylar's consciousness is still there, he just needs to find it. The psychiatrist promises she'll help. Gretchen-Claire meet potential pledges while Rebecca hosts sorority "speed-dating". Claire fills in her sisters on her fake life and finds out through Rebecca that Gretchen has already gushed over everything save her ability. Claire gets spooked. Peter comes back to work, marveling at the gorgeous vibrations of a childrens' choir. Emma spots Peter and realizes he can see the colors too. Peter confronts her and tells her she has an ability, she's a hero. The obligitory shock and denial commences. She asks why her and Peter replies he doesn't know. Be grateful the writers are ignoring the eclipse explanation. The two marvel at "their" power, sharing in a beautiful piano duet. Peter feels free to ask her to lunch (awwwww!) but Emma balks when he makes a wrong comment about her career as a secretary. Claire gets ready for an evening with the sisters when she starts getting suspicious that Gretchen's another Single-White-Female, since Gretchen "borrowed" her shirt. It doesn't help when a book falls near her laptop, Claire picks it up, and observes that Gretchen has researched Claire and Annie. Claire shrugs Gretchen off, saying they should hang out with new people. Gretchen is crushed. Hudson sends the psychiatrist away after he figures out who Sylar is. Not the hero-serial-killer part, the part where he killed his mother. I have to ask, what logical reason could the police know Sylar killed his mother since the only witnesses were Hiro and Ando, but since the police MIGHT not know about Gabriel being Sylar, I guess the knowledge is likely. Sylar gets upset and confused, insisting he would never do that. Hudson gets steamed, yanking out the camera so he can threaten Sylar into a confession. Frightened, Sylar's telekinesis kicks in and Hudson is flayed out the window, leaving Sylar even more scared and confused. The station goes on lockdown while the psychiatrist gets into a car, where she meets Sylar holding a gun, begging her to help him. Samuel tries tracking Sylar down while Lydia expresses her doubts about Samuel's family plan, expressing greater concern since he has no idea about Sylar. Apparently not. Samuel ignores her, insisting his plan will work out. Claire goes to the sorority party and starts chatting with an ex-cheerleader, when Gretchen spoils everything by dropping a lamp hanger down at them. Claire, finally through, confronts Gretchen over what she knows. Gretchen denies everything, she's not a stalker and she didn't attack the girl at the party. And no, she didn't kill Annie. When Claire asks what's with the Claire-obsession, Gretchen admits she has a crush on Claire, and proves it. Claire stares while the sisters have decided to accept both Gretchen and Claire. Their first trial ensues. The situation gets weird(er) once another relevation kicks in. Rebecca is actually Samuel's invisible (literally) mole, coaxing Claire into joining the "family". And to do that, she's tasked with isolating Claire away from everyone as much as possible. She was the one, obviously, who attacked the ex-cheerleader. She "phased" in Claire's room, making the book fall, so Claire could see the dirt Gretchen pulled up. But Rebecca's actions take a sinister turn when it's revealed she was the one who pushed Annie to her death and she planted the suicide note. Samuel is pleased. He asks Lydia to find him another hero. It takes awhile but Lydia finally locates Sylar. Sylar hides on the seat of the psychiatrist's car, the psychiatrist scared out of her mind he's going to kill her. Sylar promises he won't, he's not like that, he begs her to help him. He's amenesiac, his real identity's sealed inside a psychic cop's mind, and the psychiatrist is the only person that was willing to help him, that believed him, that actually cared for him. Logical. The psychiatrist agrees she'll help him recover his identity but only if he'll turn himself in. Sylar agrees while the cops find them. Hudson asks Sylar to surrender and Sylar consents but his lightning powers accidently activate. Hudson starts firing and both Sylar and psychiatrist go down. Psychiatrist and Sylar are shocked to see him regenerate. Knowing Sylar isn't safe with the cops, she lets him go. Sylar runs through the woods and stumbles into Carnivale, Samuel beckoning him forward. By the time the cops show, Carnivale is gone. Did Samuel move it or what? Anyways, Samuel welcomes Sylar "home". Emma vents her anger over a cello, playing harder and harder as her anger grows, the colors intensifying until eventually, she cuts a swathe through her wall. Whoa. Peter comes home to find Hiro's powers have poofed him there. Hiro shows as much surprise as Peter before he falls unconscious. Wow, I'm really impressed. Very, very nice. What Heroes is lacking in action, it plenty makes up for in great, "normal" drama. There was so much to love in this episode. I love how they're handling Emma and Peter's relationship and the two are taking it one step at a time, they're not being forced as a couple. This is the first time in a long time I actually want Peter to get together with his love-interest. Emma's storyline is handled beautifully and nothing is overdone, and showcases one of the best exhibits of newfound power in awhile. And what's with her past regarding her brother? I'd like to know. This is the first time in years where I've actually been breathtaken at how beautiful superhero powers are and seeing the pure joy in someone discovering this awesome ability. Much applause. I love how Peter's starting to reconnect with his family and even though it bit him pretty hard this time, I hope he tries to continue. It appears his power's flexing with him. Yessss. I've finally warmed to Gretchen a lot more, enough to understand that when it looked like she was the Single White Female, she wasn't. She's not crazy, she's just weird. I'll like her as long as she doesn't go all Olivia Wilde on Claire. Sorry, couldn't help the OC reference. As long as Claire's not turning into Marissa, I'm perfectly okay with her. However, I and many can relax as Heroes hasn't pulled a full-OC. YET. Applause on the actual surpising relevation with Rebecca. (Well, the Biblical name might have given it away anyway.) I just have to ask, what is Samuel's goal exactly with Claire? Get her to back in the corner so bad, she turns bisexual on her roommate? I don't think that's his intention but was is intention? In fact, why is Samuel evil? Yes, he sank the mansion and killed Danko, but nothing as awful as Sylar has already done. So far, he's just a shadowy antihero. Some clarency on the plan would be appreciated. However, I love how casual the carnies are with their powers and how they use it to make breakfast. Hey, if you're a micro-emitter, why not? Seeing Sylar defected at first was unnerving, seeing him in such a raw, uncorrupted state when we're so familiar seeing him as the bloodthirsty, sadistic, psychopathic, take-over-the-world hero-serial killer. It was akward but oddly sweet and in a way, heartbreaking to see him this way, where he's just a normal guy trying to figure it out who he is, even more tragic when you realize that in most liklihood, Sylar as this honestly nice, innocent guy, will not last, as Sylar "Durden" is going to force Matt to put him back into his own mind and the Sylar we all know, for better and worst, will come back in full swing. Until then, it was strange but kind of nice seeing a good Sylar, a person he could have been if he never became evil. Another great thing, he actually didn't not kill anyone in this episode. A nice relief that was long overdue even though it's sure not to last. There are still so many questions lingering throughout the season, I hope everything can be addressed before the end, season-wise and literal. Also, for the highly observant, the symbol made a long overdue comeback. YESSSSSS! Bravo. I couldn't be more impressed. Keep it up, Heroes.moreless

Load More Reviews