Jump, Push, Fall

Great

More of the same

By Real-Deal, May 17, 2011

Come on.

Heroes cast said they were feeling this would be able to compensate the steady decline of the last 2 seasons?!

The plot is almost always the same.

The caracters don't evolve from season to season.

They are developped in one season and then by the end pouf... ready at ground zero again to be fair for the next round of villains.

Tired of little cheerleader Claire that always seems so important and is only a filler in the plot

Tired of this Angela, Nathan history trying to keep things the same.

They had a really good history to begin with. The result? They screwed it big time.

Lots of loopholes, lots of errors. Continuous unexplained things ( like Hiro's power that causes him health problems or activates like it wants)

Bye bye Heroes.moreless

A wonderful start to Season 4.

By cervantes60, May 17, 2011

When I saw Hiro and Ando hiring their services as heroes, I thought that was very cool. When Ando got scratched by the cat and fell my thinking was "yes, that is typical Ando. Also something that would probably happen to me." I am curious as to what will happen to Hiro. To break the news to his friend he is dying that must have been very painful. To see Hiro go back in the past and alter something that would affect Ando and Hiro's sister in the future. That was sweet. What gives with a girl staying mad for fourteen years for spilling a drink on her favorite dress? Get over it!!

The new characters, I really like them. What do they want with Hiro, only time will tell. And the deal with the compass. Many new questions have surfaced.

Sylar is not apart of Matt. I wonder if he will slowly take him over? And will Nathan remain the way he is, or will Sylar return?

I wonder what happened to Clair's roommate? And her new friend. I feel Clair will be on the run again. All-in-all the show has proven itself time and time again. New ideas. New characters and many new plot twists. No wonder why we loyal fans keep coming back for more and more.moreless

Hiro travels back in time accidentilly and meets up with Samuel. Claire and Gretchen try to solve the mysterious suicide, Matt's visions of Sylar get out of control and Tracy with Noah join forces to uncover the mysterious murderer of Danko.

By Panicos888, May 17, 2011

The second chapter is definitely a progression to the first.

Hiro's time travel and his meeting with Samuel is amazingly done, even though it is only for such a small thing like getting together his sister with Ando. I am hoping they won't mess this one up, though.

Matt's story is perfect and I think Zachary Quinto and Greg Grunberg should have done more scenes together in the past. Their chemistry is amazing. Again, I don't know how they could make this work in future episodes but I am hoping for the best.

Peter's story seems Ok compared to the stories he had in the past. Tracy's story becomes better in this episode although I am feeling a little bit reluctant on the whole HRG-Tracy deal (I saw some sparks there; hope that if they turn this into a romance they do it nicely).

Claire's story I feel the most relunctant of. We saw this whole revealing your power to your closest friend in season 1 and it worked quite nicely. Madeline Zima is amazing as Claire's college friend. Hoping for the best.

Finally, Robert Knepper's portrayal of the villain is quite extraordinary. He's really good but I am having doubts if he's a villain after all. Hope he is 'cause this show needs a good villain.

Highlights: Tracy's fight with Edgar and Matt's scenes with Sylar in both the police department addiction room and the interrogation room.

I am keeping my doubts as I have seen Heroes premieres and they were good but it didn't go as planned for the rest of the season. Here's hoping.

Enjoy!moreless

By rivas_ju, May 17, 2011

This episode was great i loved, I feel Claire has grown up she sound more mature rather than wining all the time. Peter is doing great he has calmed and Angela is worry I am sure that is going to be a ugly sylar when he return, Matt he is making me mad, Tracy she great I love her… over all I like the way Heroes has returned. Looks good it will deff keep me as a regular viwe, too bad next week we only getting one hour jee jee yeah i am greedy like that sorry guys. but what can i say i love the show.moreless

Ok, so maybe I'm not done with Heroes. I swore I'd watch the opening to see if it was worth continuing to watch. The short answer is yes.

By Knightshade03, May 17, 2011

I can't give Heroes a full 10 a couple of things bugged me, which will be discussed later but overall I was very pleased with this episode. It reminds me of the first season and why I began watching this show in the first place. We have a new opponent. I won't say villain because they don't strike me as villains, though some acts were villainous. Danko is dead, can't say I'm surprised or disappointed. However, I like the new Carnies and am interested in what they do. The leader, Samuel in a way reminds me of Magneto which makes me wonder if the carnival is Genocia. We get interesting threads, HRG and Tracy come together and it looks like she may actually become more relevant as time goes on. It was also good to see The Haitian again, hope to see more of him. I like how Peter uses his powers to help and the reasoning behind taking the speed ability. Still having trouble with the Sylar/Nathan thing but it was well played here. Parkman now has a piece of Sylar in his head and is having hallucination alla Baltar and Six. About the only thing I have to ding them for was Clair's storyline. Yeah I though the new roommate was annoying. I went to college and met several people, like her. Still, I didn't see it necessary to have her killed off. Whether murder or suicide, just seem a bit forced. Then Clair jumps and the other girl sees what happens. Yeah, interesting plot point. However, there has been talk about a lesbian kiss with Claire. No offense but if it's between those 2, that's not a ratings winner.

Finally, I must give props to Hiro and time travel! I was sick and tired of the stupid plot device they had been using. Him going back in time, even accidentally was a MUCH needed plot fix. The meeting of Samuel, his talk and the 'pushing' of Hiro into changing the past was very well done! For this I must give high praise. Time travel is part of this world to say "we're just not going to do it" is ludicrous, disingenuous, and ultimately insults the watcher. This helped fixed that, major kudos! Hope to see more of it.

Still the jury is out. They've had great openings in the past only to leave us a slow agonizing demise and ultimately unsatisfying finally. Still, this was enough to get me to watch 1 more week and that may be enough for now.moreless

Orientation/JUmp, Push, Fall (both episodes included).

By SMGslayer97, May 17, 2011

The infamous carnival makes the first appearance and while I like the idea, much more then the company schtick the show was stuck on for the past three years I'm not convinced I like the actually carnival members yet. Samuel is shady and self serving, you can already tell. Lydia, well who can even tell what her power actually is? They have a time traveler but he's old and sick, any chance he maybe has what Hiro now has or is all coincidence? And old Speedy Mcknife thrower is certainly cool but we hardly know him yet. I reserve judgement on the carnival, I want to wait and see their motivations and manipulations before I make a ruling.

The Hunter finally got what was coming to him! I couldn't be more pleased about that, it always bothered me that he always seemed to manage not to die when some many other far more powerful people bit it quickly. Plus he was annoying but I like that they didn't make it Tracey or one of the other people he captured in the Building 26 ordeal. Seems more appropriate. But the compass? I mean okay connection to Samuel, the weird arm thing. Connection to people with abilities vs. people without, I mean it spun with Peter and not with Noah so that must be it right? I don't know if it detects people with abilities but as of right now all I keep thinking it Jack Sparrow and the compass that doesn't point north. We'll see I suppose, again this is tied into the carnival so I reserve judgement. Although I must say this whole carnival thing has a chance of spawning some really corny characters and plots but if they put effort into it they'll be fine.

HRG and Tracey form some sort of weird connection bond, which to me makes about as much sense as everyone forgiving Nathan last volume for everything he did to his own kind. I mean she tried to drown him? And what was with Danko saving HRG just to save himself? That seems counterproductive to say the least, then again he never was one for intellegent though. Anyway I suppose in a weird sort of way HRG and Tracey are kind of similar. He lives in the land of grey and while she's a little more tinted towards the black they're both alone in a lot of ways, lost everything they had. The lives they had. I wasn't surprised that Knifey McSpeedy caught up to HRG and went all knights of hack and slash on him though I doubt he's dead.

Hiro's sick, I'm guessing bad after the last episodes of season 3 and the fact that he claims to be dying. However they're stumbling back into very risky territory with the return of time travel. While I wanted it back as much as the next person the long ago established the concept of the butterfly effect and proved it time and time again that even the smallest most insignificant change can have catastrophic reprecussions. But now nothing? I mean I suppose there's changes where if you made sort of a surgical strike the only reprecussions would be limited and depending on the strike itself good but that's a fine line. If it's an intentional move then good on the show but if it's not they could really make things super complicated and confusing.

Claire's playing freshman at school and while I appreciate what they're doing with her character this year, tying on all the struggles she's had since she got her powers. First wanting to hide and be normal, then wanting to be able to be herself and eventually out herself to the world, then wanting stop bad guys and be a hero. Now she just wants to be honest and truthful, well jumping out of your dorm window two days after orientation is a great way to do that. Who thinks Gretchen has an ability, I thought I spotted something with the guitar hero but I'm not totally sure. Either way she doesn't seemed freaked so who knows what the deal is.

Peter is back to his old self. A hero, one life at a time, self sacrificing very spartan kind of deal. Willing to give it all up to be a hero. It's very classic Peter, I think over the volumes he's kept all that but he got a little reliant on being one of the most powerful characters on the show and then was so shell shocked when he was reduced to a one trick at a time pony that he needed time to really get back to the guy he was. Now he seems to be running full force though. I just don't think totally alone is the way to go. I mean he's on the right path but he'll never be happy, as he can already see, focusing on what might have happened if he wasn't quick enough.

Matt is having issues! Big time. He's back with Janice which I love, though I'll never be okay with how quick he got over Daph (though I understand). Little Matty is so sweet and overall he's got the shell of his old life back with one small change. Somebody wants his body back. Now I can't tell if a) Matt is hallucinating out of guilt or some other emotion b) some part of Sylar's existence is in Matt (which would make sense seeing as Sylar's ability are in some part, though if you ask me that's very trippy territory and I'm not sure they'd be able to explain it well enough for me to enjoy it, or c) something entirely different is happening. I mean was Sylar holding Matty or was Matt hallucinating it all? It's very hard to tell at this point, though I love all the Sylar dialogue during his scenes with Matt. Terrifying and fantastic.

Meawhile Angela seems to be the only person in the world who doesn't seem to care or even really want to admit that Nathan is Sylar. Matt clearly feels immense guilt, HRG though in it at the time is feeling the weight and anger at what he did (he's always been a bigger waffler) but Angela's like Nathan is fine alive and well yadda yadda. Psycho! She needs a check up from the neck up big time but I've said it before and I'll say it again Sylar will not be contained. From the beginning we've known that so does she really think this would actually work? His powers are already bleeding through (how did that not occur to any of them I will never know), his personality seems to be ticking through as well in small increments. It's just a matter of time before he punches through all together. He'll find a way.moreless

A group of ordinary people discover they have abilities, now the drama of good and evil is played out across the globe.

By NightDawg77, May 17, 2011

Aye, what can I say; I've been on a steady decline of disappointment with this show after season one. The last season and its ridiculous finale had me throwing in the towel but I figured I would try the new season opener. Based on what has been given to us as the drama for this season I'm not impressed.

Of course we have the new "Carnival" gang and I'm not impressed with that. Robert Knepper will not be done justice here compared to his great role as Bagwell on Prison Break. The new Ala Larter aka Tracy is silly. The knock off of various characters without explanation is strange or were extremely stupid (e.g the brother/sister duo).

The Sylar thing has pissed me off and has been the dumbest crutch of this show. The man should've been dead after season one...PERIOD! They should have been brave enough to just bring in a different EVIL for the crew to deal with...not come up with these constant ways he keeps managing to come back.

The Nathan killed Sylar becomes Nathan was the DUMBEST thing I ever saw a show do as the idea was completely illogical from a realistic perspective. The Claire (I want to be normal but let me do something extremely stupid) is old and tired.

There was nothing heart-pounding, edge of seat grabbing, etc. about this opener compared to other season openers so far. I just don't know about Heroes...I'm surprised they have allowed this show to go on this far compared to other shows. I believe I'm going to be done with this one lest I give myself an unnecessary headache.moreless

New story line.. this season looks very promising..

By izzieishot, May 17, 2011

I gotta admit, I was already given up on Heroes.. i love the show very much but the story was always the same.. save the cheerleader save the world type of thing.. last nites season premiere was one of my favorites.. but come on Hiro and Ando are doing the same thing... they should just kill them off for once.. I think i liked the episode cause we didn't get to see Mohinder.. i hope it stays like that.. he only brings the series down.. claire attending college is interesting. Tracy and sylar have got to be my favorite characters.. glad to see sylar is still around. i know it wasn't much of a review.. blah! just saying. the episode was good. ;)moreless

new season, same problems??

By jared85, May 17, 2011

Well, new season of Heroes. Dunno if I should be thrilled and expecting something good or just watch it without hoping for something good..

Matt is taking care of his son and wants nothing to do with Angela, who is struggling to deal with Sylar, no shape shifted into Nathan. "Nathan" is confused and is starting to burst some of his Sylar's powers... don't forget Sylar is inside Matt's head now... talk about a bad headache huh..

Peter is paranoid and wants to save everyone..

Claire is starting college... wow..

Tracy and Noah.. do I see a future as a couple? hmm

T-Bag.. I mean, the new guy does an interesting and motivating speech in the beginning.. hope his character adds something interesting, 'cause Danko in the last season was pretty much useless.. and for kicks, he dies in the first 30 minutes..

Hopefully, the new characters will spark some new interesting and bring back Heroes from the grave..

Guess we'll see..

Cheers!moreless

The episode conntinues off from one perfectly but also has a faster pace than the first.

By efc91, May 17, 2011

Claire discovers her roommate has been killed. HRG asks Peter to help him and ends up in a difficult situation. Hiro tries to undo his wrongdoing from the past and Matt finally decides to use his powers again. The last twenty minutes were really good here. The knife fight between Peter and Edgar that was a excellent fight one of the best of the series but the highlight was the return of Sylar in Matt's head, the scenes where hilarious, both actors did well because most of their scenes were with them speaking at the same time. Cliare story is the usual pointless stories but this is a bit funner than the ones we are used too, still the weakest and most overused character of the show.moreless

Load More Reviews