Hey Dude

Show Reviews (12)

Great

This Nick show rocked! A country edition of Saved By The Bell, minus Screech

By TriviaDude, Feb 23, 2013

Thanks to TeenNick's 90's Are All That, I got to watch a series that my neighbor was interested in. It's kinda like Saved By The Bell @ the ranch, minus Screech (no dorky comic relief).

If I can compare those two shows, here's how I see it. Mr. Ben Ernst would be Mr. Belding, Melody makes a perfect Kelly, Ted's definitely Zack Morris, Brandon's Jesse & Jake's Slater because they both played the drums!

Jake would nickname his drums the tubs. If he had a tympani, it would be his super tubs

Very nice series that has comedy into the drama, both physical & dialogue.moreless

Weird but good.

By gracielove, Nov 09, 2012

Grew up on this show.

Staple for kids who grew up in the 90s

By tripllle, Apr 22, 2009

Hey Dude was a strange little show about a group of teens who worked at Bar None Dude Ranch. I haven't seen it in over 10 years, but I can still remember Brad, Ted, Melody, Mr. Ernst, and Danny like it was yesterday. I watched this show everyday on Nickelodeon in the summers, along with other classics like Salute Your Shorts and The Adventures of Pete & Pete.

The show had some great comedic moments, (like when the kids accidentally made a sign in the desert that said "Nude Ranch" instead of "Dude Ranch" and nudists populated the ranch and when Mr. Ernst was stuck in his office holding two fishbowls and couldn't get his hands free) but it had some important dramatic moments and lessons to teach as well. I remember a scene with Danny defending his Native American culture to Ted being very poignant at the time.

I'd say the most famous actor to come out of this show is Christine Taylor, who played Melody. She is married to Ben Stiller, and most recognizable for her roles in Stiller comedies Zoolander and Dodgeball.

While it's not the best show, or even a great show really, it was a staple for many kids like me who grew up in the 90s and greatly influenced our generation.moreless

Great Show!

By taz765, Jun 12, 2008

Hey Dude was a great show that I watched all the time when I was growing up. I recently received a set of all the episodes and I was reminded why I loved this show so much. There were only about one or two episodes that I didn't like. Some of my favorite episodes are the ones where Danny created a comic strip about the Bar None and where Ted was put in charge of the Bar None for a day. I thought the show went down hill when Ted left, but lucky the producers realized their mistake and brought him back later on. The only character I didn't care for was Kyle, but they didn't use him much so it wasn't a big deal.moreless

Does anyone know where I can get the ringtone? I've been looking for it for years!

By annfisanerd, Oct 06, 2007

Does anyone know where I can get the ringtone? I've been looking for it for years? That's part of why my username is annfisanerd! C'mon, puh-lease! Seriously, this has to be 100 words and I only had 26 after that and I really don't know what else to say about Hey Dude except that it was awesome and I want to be Melody. She's pretty. I'm a total nerd. Please help me find the ringtone so that when all my "friends" call me it will be the coolest ring ever. I still have a few more words, there we go.moreless

this show is awesome! Heeeyyyy Duuuuuddddeeeee!!!

By qtbrutus, Sep 14, 2007

My sister and her roommate were talking about this show and were trying to remember the name of it and my sister said it was hey dude me and her roommate said it was dude ranch so I looked it up and it is Hey dude. Reminiscing on this show brings back a lot of memories we all loved it as a kid growing up. Amazing what memories TV shows bring back! We always watched nickelodeon as a kid and this was definitly one of our favorites. I wish they would do re-runs. What ever happened to the good ol' shows? Great TV show for everyone! My sister said she remembers at the begining of the show it always started out like Heeeyyyy duuudddddeeee! She was right we were all lauging talking about the cast members!moreless

Sometimes a show from the past just pops into your head. Its all part of the "Lattice of Coincidence".

By SoylentYellow, Sep 10, 2007

Anyway, all I remember about it was this creepy nerdy city guy running some kind of dude ranch for clueless city slickers. Some middle aged guy with a bunch of teenagers around? Very creepy.

I do remember the Tomboy Brad, who was the show skank - ending up with every hot or even semi hot guy who wondered in. I guess thats why all the young studs were always chasing her. There was a blond too but for some reason guys ignored her, except for the Injun kid.

There was some Indian kid too who reminded me of a young Commander Chakotay on Star Trek Voyager smoking Peyote all the time going on vision quests. I think they should redo this show with a kid who smokes pot like Jeff Spicoli in Fast Times at Ridgemont High who would be stoned all the time saying "Hey..Duuuuuuuuuuuude.... "

Well, time to stick this vague memory back into offline storage.moreless

I don't remember this much but I need my 15 review emblem!

By TheAnonymous1, Apr 21, 2007

this was a nice kid's show at the time...enough for me to tape it once. I was around 9 when they showed reruns of the show in the early 90s. I liked Ted and Danny, I thought they were funny and I also liked Holly and that girl who was played by Christine Taylor (Zoolander Ben Stiller's wife). I liked the theme song too, if I can remember it would get stuck in my hear alot because it was catchy. This one's a classic for me.moreless

Not a bad show for it's time. It was a great show for kids of the time growing up in the late 80's early 90's. It's a classic show on Nick. I wish it would have lasted longer though, I used to watch the reruns after it went off for a long time.

By KkMc7080, Oct 22, 2006

Wasn't the best acted show or even the best written show. But, it was a good show for it's time, and it was a good show for kids, I mean it wouldn't appeal to anybody else. It was a classic Nick show, and it was in the early days when cable was really making a stand in the ratings. I wish the show would have survived more than what it did. I also like the show cause it was filmed outside Tucson, Arizona. And, I live in Tucson, Az. Yay!! lol. It's better than what they have on Nick now.moreless

One of my favorite shows as a kid.

By bunzimus, Mar 11, 2006

I'm a little surprised and slightly embarrassed that I watched Hey Dude, but I definitely did. I can still sing the theme song ("it's a little wild and a little strange...") and I briefly counted it among my favorite shows. Unfortunately it wasn't loved enough to make it onto any of the recent spate of "nostalgia" shows - Nickelodeon's lineup would have gone very well on VH-1's "I Love the 80's" shows.

Load More Reviews