Homeland's New Season 4 Trailer: Carrie's a Bad Mom, Peter Quinn Is Angsty, and More (VIDEO)

By Kaitlin Thomas

Aug 18, 2014

Showtime has released a new trailer for Homeland's fourth season, and from the looks of things, everybody is way stressed out.

The two-hour Season 4 premiere of the Emmy-winning drama will pick up six months after the events of the Season 3 finale, with Carrie Mathison back in the Middle East and her sister Maggie caring for Carrie and the late Nicholas Brody's child.

“They’re sending me back, I don’t have a choice,” she tells Maggie in the trailer, which adds some new context to the first-look footage that Showtime released in July.

Elsewhere in the 75-second promo, Peter Quinn is having second thoughts about the whole CIA thing, and Saul is explaining the United States' efforts in Pakistan as best he can. Corey Stoll (House of CardsThe Strain) also makes a brief appearance as new character Sandy Bachman, the CIA Chief of Station in Pakistan, but so far all he appears to be doing is directing angry foot traffic.

Hit play below, then let's hear your first impressions in the comments!

Homeland Season 4 premieres Sunday, October 5 at 9pm on Showtime.

• Comments (25)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • dhaworth Aug 19, 2014

I think what we need from tv.com this season is a version of "Hey, should I Watch Homeland S4?", before it airs.
    At the moment, I'm thinking: no.

• mzzdelinquent Aug 19, 2014

open letter time:

Dear Showtime

You screwed the pooch a long time ago with Homeland... yet you persist on giving us more.

This is a season nobody wants to watch or care about, & your trailers do not make me want to change my opinion.

Why don't you try re-runs of 'the big c' or 'weeds'.. at least people want to watch those shows.

Sincerely.

concerned TV Lover

• brittanychristmas54 Aug 22, 2014

Couldn't have said it better myself! Homelands potential was through the roof and was died off the moment Brody did.

• AdedayoAdelakun Aug 19, 2014

I am glad am not the only one that feels this way!!!!!!!!!

• englishboy Aug 19, 2014

For me, the big problem with Homeland is that it really should have been a 1 and done series the way Fargo and a few others are now, with new characters and setting for a season 2. Season 1 was undeniably good for many reasons, not least being the whole Carrie and Brody thing. A really bad decision all round for the network to actually base their success on future seasons??!! The writers then messed with everything in terms of pacing due to network TV's pressure to milk success from a successful TV series. The writers as good as admitted to this when they admitted that Brody would and should have died at the end of the season. By lengthening everything they ruined the show hich should have had 1 season.
    Season 2 was a disaster and Season 3 even worse. Also the character just becomes less and less credible as time goes on.She'd NEVER be allowed to keep her job with so many continuing 'problems.' Also very sick to death of her talk/crying voice whatever you wanna call it! Danes has been overacting for a while now, and the show won all of its awards in the 1st season. Either make a great season or put us all out of our misery.

• wudntulik2know Aug 19, 2014

Yup, yup, and yup. But money and greed overrule everything.

• marcusj1973 Aug 19, 2014

Homeland, you're on a VERY short leash this season

• apjccjqa Aug 19, 2014

last season was so blah that i can't get excited for this. i'll give it a shot, see if it can hook me again but if not it's time to cut ties.

• donyoung9279 Aug 19, 2014

Brody be back ep 5. Too save the show

• wudntulik2know Aug 19, 2014

Hah......like the father ghost in Dexter? Even the ghost wanted to shoot himself in the head by the finale.

I wouldn't be surprised if this hack show brings back Brody as a ghost. With noose, or without?

• LarissaPeixot Aug 19, 2014

I'll watch if the reviews are good. I depend on you TV.com!

• azrail1982 Aug 19, 2014

Wow this show is still on? Season 2 was so boring and bland i just assumed it stopped after that.

• itsmemadie01 Aug 19, 2014

i like the quinn guy and no brody is great he is so annoying and boring

• AdedayoAdelakun Aug 19, 2014

haha did u not watch season 1, Brody made this show and the less of him we saw the more the show sucked mate.

• itsmemadie01 Aug 20, 2014

I've seen it and as far as season 1 my take on this is it's not so much as Brody that is good but it is the supporting cast that is solid.

• JenMo73 Aug 19, 2014

Looks intriguing. Loved the song they used.

• See More Comments (7)