Homeland

Show Reviews (81)

Great

revenge needs to be sweet....

By ansaar99, Oct 07, 2014

"Its play time boys", whooosh bang, 30 people dead, "Yeehaa. wrap up the ps3 boys, game over". Lets have a .... happy birthday to you........

Anything less than the Aayan (remaining wedding survivor) blowing Carries brains all over the sidewalk will be unacceptable. But, thats not going to happen....

The start of season 4 may have attempted to show that there are some in the CIA/Millitary who simply dont care about murdering non-Americans. But im sure the subtle justifications will start to creep in episode by episode. By the end of the Season, everyone will be feeling like Carrie in episode 1

moreless

season 4

By lorrainemorrow5, Sep 15, 2014

The season will premiere on October 5, 2014

The Ultimate Movie Review! -- @tss5078

By Tss50782625, Aug 10, 2014

From the creators of 24, comes the thriller Homeland, a show that is much edgier than 24, but lacks the action we've come to expect from this team of writers. What this show lacks in action, it more than makes up for with an intriguing look inside the mysterious CIA.

It's no secret that the CIA is the spy agency in America, that seems to have a hand in everything, but what exactly do they do and how do they do it? Can they arrest people? Do they carry guns? Are they really spies? These are all questions answered by the show Homeland, an edge of your seat thriller, that takes you deep inside the inner workings of the most mysterious government organization the world has ever known.

Carrie Mathison (Claire Danes) is a CIA analyst, working in Iraq, when one of her contacts tells her that an American prisoner of war has been turned by Al-Qaeda. 6 months later, an American POW is discovered during a raid on an Al-Qaeda compound. The Marine discovered, Sgt. Nicholas Brody (Damien Lewis) comes home to his family, after 8 years, to a heroes welcome, and everyone sees him as such, everyone except for Carrie.

Mathison is immediately suspicious of Brody and puts her career on the line by deciding to stick to the man like glue, she even goes so far as to start a sexual relationship with him, in order to stay close to him. Brody is suffering from a severe case of post traumatic stress disorder, which leads him to do some very strange things. The big question is, whether he's acting this way because he's a terrorist or because he's been damaged by his time in captivity.

I've never been a big Claire Danes fan, because she has a habit of being eccentric and way over the top, but quite ingeniously, the writers use her weaknesses as an actress as a strength for Carrie. Mathison is eccentric, over the top, and unconventional, it's what makes her a terrific agent and very entertaining to watch.

Danes is paired with Damien Lewis who is just out of this world, leading to multiple awards and nominations. I've only seen Lewis playing bit parts in movies, but similar to Bryan Cranston in Breaking Bad, he's one of these guys, who comes out of nowhere to land the perfect role. Nicholas Brody is one of the most complicated and intriguing characters I've ever seen and it's his chemistry with Danes that really makes this show as good as it is.

It's rare for me to give a perfect rating, especially to a TV show, but the creators have taken the action and excitement of 24 and put it into a cable show, where they can get away with anything. It's edgier and extremely hard hitting, even though the action has been scaled back. 24 was about an impulsive man, who would do anything to stop terrorism, but Homeland, takes that same storyline and shows you what goes into discovering these acts of violence before they become a down to the second event, requiring the intervention of a Jack Bauer. It is smart, emotional, and will have you craving more. I literally watched the first two seasons in a week an a half, you'd think I'd have gotten sick of it by now, but all I want is for season three to be released, because this show really is that good.moreless

Cant wait for the 4th Season

By LNB-1337, Jun 18, 2014

Interesting twist in season 3.

I am very curious how the show continues.

used* to be fantastic

By mras97, May 20, 2014

the most current season, like many others have agreed, turned into a complete mess. i'll start off by saying i completely adored the first two seasons. my high expectations for season 3 were met with the disappointment of pointless characters, plot holes, and everything else that could destroy previously popular series. i believed that there were areas of season 3 that had potential, but were knocked down by the lack of creativity and misuse of skills of the writers. so sad to see such a thrilling, well-played drama turn to trash.moreless

New storyline? Or the end?

By FredrikPersson1, Jan 20, 2014

The Brody storyline should have ended a long time ago and the series moved on to something else, like good-old "24" did. Unfortunately it would have been hard to keep him in the show and make him fit into a new plot. If the show continues with a 4th season it would be interresting to see threaths from either North Korea or China, including some cyberterrorism.

No rate here so far....

By Cadd-9, Jan 01, 2014

Hello, yesterday I started watching this series and I am through the first season,

so far I like it, but so many people are saying that the 3rd season should be awful... shall I watch it

or not? Please give a me good reason for one of it?

our hero's gone - why should we watch another series!

By enay123, Dec 31, 2013

Shan't watch season 4 if Brody isn't in it. Even in political thrillers we like a happy and fair ending. I'm just hoping the Mossad or someone will have rigged the execution somehow and we see the fabulous acting of Brody again.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE....

By panteha, Dec 25, 2013

JUST WANT TO WISH ALL THE HOMELAND FANS A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A VERY HAPPY AND SAFE NEW YEAR :)))

Time to end this...

By MILE089, Dec 24, 2013

While I was really enjoying the first two seasons of Homeland this 3rd season has become quite straining to watch, especially since they have basically turned it into "The Carrie Matheson Show" now! And as great a job as Claire Danes is doing, watching her loony antics all the time is just irksome and exhausting

Load More Reviews