Episode 10: "Burden of Truth"

By ElisaDiaz

Nov 26, 2013

The Burden of Truth is about secrets. Old secrets that have been kept for a long time and new secrets that grow inside the Sanders family. All of these secrets arise to save people that are loved. It is ok, Hostages, but did you need to keep us, the viewers, in the dark for so long?

At the beginning I thought it was quite the stretch that the president would kill his own daughter only to prevent a scandal. But the rape story, for the most part, turned out to be true. There was even a flashback to the past of President Kincaid where it was confirmed that there was a plan to kill her. So here comes the first bad thing that we know with some certainty about President Kincaid: he raped a woman and tried to kill her when she refused to take money for silence.

And the second piece of evil Kincaid also came in this episode: apparently he had his brother in law killed. We kind of suspected this, right? It appears he died when he crushed his plane under dangerous circumstances. The older sister thinks it was his own fault, so obviously she doesn't know everything. Neither do we. But at least now we are starting to get enough information to actually care about the show. Oh, Hostages, why didn't you give us some more information earlier? Why keep this burden all to yourself? Now it is too late for many viewers.

The death of the Chief of Staff last week brought a series of problems, for both Carlisle's team and even for the people that killed the guy. Colonel Blair had problems this week just to be able to meet with the President and talk about their projects, as the new Chief of Staff won't put him in the schedule. Apparently they got a tiny bit upset about this and just decide to go ahead and kill the President in the old good ways instead. By hiring a sniper. One has to wonder how come they didn't think about this earlier. Carlisle, on the other hand, suspected that they could try to get rid of him again and started an investigation. He found out about the new assasination plans this way. So now they have to stop that other guy from killing the President. Why, would you ask? Well, because otherwise Carlisle cannot get the blood donation from the President, of course. I have to say, Duncan, you have it difficult to get what you need. I really hope that Ellen can do something else about it.

You will have to agree with me: it is amazing that there is a pregnant teenager in the house and that it is not a bigger deal. Plus Morgan actually understands that they didn't want to kill her boyfriend and it was an accident. Unseen on TV. Thank you for that, Hostages! At least we don't have to worry about more teenager drama. But I still have to see where this goes before I declare Stockholm syndrome. What do you guys think?

And again I end up not knowing what to do with Sandrine in all this. I thought she had bonded with most of the other characters by know. She even cried in this episode. And I didn't see a direct threat to her son. Is she going to sell information to the bad guys, really?

poll

• Comments (13)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • Syrinx2 Nov 26, 2013

So, Carlisle is agreeing to kill the President. Yes? But won't it be enough to stun him and take a blood sample? He doesn't really want to kill him.

Logan is hiring a second strike team. The easy way out. On orders from Blair with the OTI as reason.

And Sandrine turning on Carlisle, what?

I still can't understand why Brian Sanders is on the CBS poll: perception tracker

• ElisaDiaz Nov 26, 2013

ha! he is in the poll and with 100% good perception! Interesting :) If you look at the blue line in the chart, I think 100% is default and nobody bothered to vote on Brian Sanders...

• Syrinx2 Nov 26, 2013

That´s the reason I thought Brian was part of the conspiracy. Maybe he's a red fishy.

• ElisaDiaz Nov 26, 2013

Ooh - but do you still think that way? He looks quite clueless, doesn't he?

• Syrinx2 Nov 26, 2013

You are correct. He seems to be a tool. Might be something with the company he works on. His assistant Samantha, you mentioned her earlier. Could she have some kind of motive?

• MrToohip Nov 26, 2013

I'm so confused!!!

• ElisaDiaz Nov 26, 2013

:-D Is that because of the show, or did I have anything to do with it?

• MrToohip Nov 26, 2013

Did you imply in your review that Boyd (Morgan's BF) was not killed on air? I thought I recall him being shot by Sandrine from the stairs.

• ElisaDiaz Nov 26, 2013

Oh, so it was my fault! I'm so sorry. It wasn't my intention to imply that. He was indeed killed on screen. Not sure how it sounded, but I referred to a conversation between Morgan and her father where she stated that it wasn't the kidnappers fault that Boyd was dead. That's somehow surprising. Because indeed, he was killed in front of her. One would expect a lot more drama about this situation, but she's rather cool about it. Maybe I missed something there? I just saw that she found the phone and, together with Sandrine, they sort of made it look like Boyd left on a trip for 3 months by texting the father about it. It is surprising, isn't it? I am glad because I prefer this type of mystery than the typical teenager drama.

• MrToohip Nov 26, 2013

I'm still confused by the whole show, though. But I'll keep watching.

• Syrinx2 Nov 26, 2013

The show isn't making a fuss about her being pregnant. Unseen on TV.

• MrToohip Nov 26, 2013

Like in real life, these situations are and should be kept on the down low.

• Syrinx2 Nov 26, 2013

We're getting some more leads to why all this is happening. But I can't imagine The Secret Service would be playing losing their agent investigating the threat to the President.