Episode 5: "Truth and Consequences"

By ElisaDiaz

Oct 22, 2013

I had written a discussion starter for this episode and I have accidentally deleted it. I don't want to write all of it again, so you are lucky, I'll spare you :)

I think the home surgery scene made the episode worth it, specially when the committed boyfriend rang at the door. But it is very lame that the kids came back, and very strange that Ellen didn't make sure that they left.

That's it! Are you still enjoying this show? I'm still watching, and I don't hate it.
  • Comments (8)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • Syrinx2 Oct 24, 2013

I had a look through of the episodes. It seems that Nina wanted off the meds and to go home. Duncan called Kramer who says ”If she does that, then everything we´re doing is for nothing!” So, the drive force for him in the hostage situation is connected to his wife, for sure. How so?
    Well, we´ll see in the next episode. (With a Warehouse 13 visit?)

• ElisaDiaz Oct 24, 2013

I haven't checked the credits! who is visiting? :-D

• Syrinx2 Oct 24, 2013

Vanessa, Mary Kincaid´s sister. Deadline Hollywood

• ElisaDiaz Oct 24, 2013

aaahh :) look forward to it!

• Syrinx2 Oct 23, 2013

OK, I've updated the chart. The guy pressing Sandrine, formerly known as Maria Gonzales, for 50K is named Victor. He´s been allocated a spot in the flow chart. Also, Ellen´s sister has been added.

Some new arrows indicating hostile and friendly actions are up.

We have to assume that there will come some West Wing details our way pretty soon. Just to know what´s what with the President and why he must die on the table. Maybe he´s a match for organ donation to Nina Carlsile?
    That´s what I can see as an option...

Flow chart update:
    Chart 2 (with Victor and a forthcoming visitor)

• ElisaDiaz Oct 23, 2013

Oh my, I had not thought of that option... but they haven't given us any details yet. At the beginning it would have looked as if the President had something to do with Carlisle's wife being at the hospital, but she has cancer, so that is not very likely. Then again, the brother is on this too, so it does look like it relates to the wife somehow...

• Syrinx2 Oct 22, 2013

Still watching and seeing the scales of good and bad in the characters´ arcs constantly change. The bits of Intel given in this episode were that the nurse is indeed very dead. Sadrine Renault is having a private meet that further disrupts her ability to function as a team member. Basically, Duncan only has his brother in law to count on going forward.

The leads will point at Dr Sanders as she buried the body. The fact that Carlisle seem to have wanted her kept alive for two weeks, tell us that he might be working two angles here. (As in my flowchart)

Framing Archer and setting up to get pinched by Metro PD was unexpected. I had my guess he´d use something from their time on the Colombian border, but the Nix kill is most probable.

I can´t see how the kids got napped back to the house. Well, phoning home was not too bright by Jake... And they should have changed route to go somewhere else. But now Sadrine got them and all is back home.

Was it Hector, the mobster was called? He´ll not be satisfied with the pay off from Sadrine, that´s for sure.

Let´s see what happens next episode where we probably will see some Creasy and Hoffman butting in. AND maybe meet the Vice President?

• ElisaDiaz Oct 22, 2013

Thank you! Feel free to start the discussion next week, your analysis is much better than mine and you have your chart that you can post as well! That is, if you want. I will not miss to come and give my view in the comments :)

I didn't catch the name of the mobster - I have to admit that Sandrine's subplot is the one I like the least. I have seen what Carlisle has done to Archer, so I hope he will get rid of her too. However, he is very much alone in this. Maybe he will soon explain to Ellen why the President must die? He needs more allies... just the brother in law doesn't seem enough.

Actually, I am quite distracted today (a bad cold) and I didn't think on how Sandrine found the children. I totally missed that part.

At some point there should be more about the President's cabinet, we need to find out what's going on in there!