Hot L Baltimore

Show Reviews (4)

Mediocre
5.8

The show has never been seen in over 30 years!

By Jim856796, Jul 17, 2006

Hot l Baltimore was a very controversial TV show for ABC.

I recently saw a audio clip of the show's theme song. An announcer said that "Our program deals with mature subject matter. Parental judgement and discretion are advised." This is one of the many reasons of the poor quality of the audio. Other reasons for the poor quality are that it was only seen in its original run on ABC in early 1975 and was never picked up for syndication.

The reasons that the show dealt with mature subject matter is that it had 2 men who were one of the first gay couples in an American television series, and 2 prostitutes.

If the sitcom were to be syndicated today, the show would recieve a TV-14 rating (not good for a classic TV series). But a classic show has to be rated either TV-PG or TV-G. There should be an edited version of the sitcom with a TV-PG rating.

Nobody remembers Hot L Baltimore as of today.moreless

A great show just arrived at the wrong time

By Wally699, Apr 19, 2006

I remember this show when it came on.. It was controversial and so totally under appreciated. If this show was around now it would just be a normal average sitcom. But back then dealing with the topics it had every one panned it. I watched it and could not stop laughing. The whole cast seemed to mesh so well together and the interaction was there, as was the timing. Just so sad it had to be killed after not even a half a year. Guess the network just wanted it as a filler and could care less about the audiencemoreless

A tv show about the mayheim of people's lives who happen all to border in a broken down hotel in Baltimore.

By okjohn59, Jul 14, 2005

This show was a early example of the dysfunction of American lives. Each character was very colorful with each a story within itself. It has been thirty years since I saw it but I remember the cast carried off quit a few one liners. It was one of the first shows not to be about glamour and to be about real people's lives.