House of Cards Gets a Season 2 Premiere Date and a New Teaser (VIDEO)

By Kaitlin Thomas

Dec 04, 2013

When you consider the makings of a perfect Valentine's Day, you no doubt imagine spending countless hours on the couch marathoning TV shows in the dark while stuffing your face full of Cheetos, all by yourself. Right? No? That's just me? Well fine, I know what I'll be doing come February 14, 2014, because Netflix announced this morning that it'll be dropping all 13 episodes of House of Cards Season 2 on the day typically reserved for Cupid and doilies and PDA and more-expensive-than-usual prix fixe dinners. Nothing says love like greed and corruption!

The first-ever online-streaming series to earn Primetime Emmy nominations (including actor, actress, drama series, and directing in a drama), House of Cards is an adaptation of the BBC miniseries of the same name. In the show's second season, Francis (Kevin Spacey) and Claire Underwood (Robin Wright) will continue their ruthless rise to power, while Zoe Barnes (Kate Mara), a young reporter and Francis’s former lover, will come closer and closer to discovering the truth about his crimes. 

Netflix has even released a new teaser trailer for the second season, though it's not much, and after you watch it you might be inclined to punch a baby out of frustration. But here it is! 

Who's excited for Season 2? And what will YOU be doing on Valentine's Day 2014?

• Comments (27)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • TVcom_editorial Dec 06, 2013

Comment test.

• KnoX Dec 05, 2013

OMG OMG OMG OMG !!! can't wait !!!

• Noor Dec 05, 2013

I will be punching a baby out of frustration on Valentine's Day! ha!

• Nefario114 Dec 05, 2013

I can see how Kevin Spacey wouldn't want this to go on for a decade, but i hope it runs 3-5 seasons as to give it enough time to be complete.

• MarlboroMagpi Dec 04, 2013

I don't think you can call that a trailer. Season 1 was fantastic. One of my favorite show of 2013 ! I am counting down the days !

• TVFangirl84 Dec 04, 2013

Can't wait. It needs to hurry up.

• efonsecajr Dec 04, 2013

Fantastic Show.
    Can the video be considered a teaser? More like blue b... ::ahem:

• Vicky8675309 Dec 04, 2013

Great show and it seems like I have been waiting forever for the next season.

• Hungry_Homer111 Dec 04, 2013

But in all seriousness, I can't wait for this show to return. As much as I loved Arrested Development and Orange is the New Black, this was actually my favorite Netflix series that I've seen.

• Hungry_Homer111 Dec 04, 2013

Dear Subscribers,

We are happy to give to you the second season of our Emmy nominated series House of Cards as a Valentines Day present as a way to show how much we love you. We hope you enjoy it.

Yours Truly, Netflix

P.S. Please stop asking us for Valentines Day sex.

• See More Comments (2)