Watch This House of Cards Season 2 Teaser and Then Say, "What?" (VIDEO)

By Tim Surette

Jan 03, 2014

Look, I don't even know what to say about this very cryptic teaser for the second season of Netflix's House of Cards. The black-and-white clip features protagonist Frank Underwood (Kevin Spacey) relaxing at his desk and playing with a rubber band and... and that's about it.

No need to adjust the volume on your computer, there's no sound. In fact, the "video" is actually a cinemagraph, which is more or less just a fancy .GIF (making it kind of weird for it to be on YouTube), and showrunner Beau Willimon promises there will more to come. I don't know what this particular promo tells us about Season 2, and I won't know until Frank looks directly into the camera and tells me. 

In other House of Cards news, Netflix has announced that commentary from all six of the series' directors has been added to the Season 1 streams of House of Cards. Just choose it as an option in the subtitles menus, and you can find out where David Fincher thinks the best BBQ is in Washington, DC! 

House of Cards Season 2 premieres February 14 on Netflix.

• Comments (37)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • marlajulia Jan 05, 2014

This is how time stretches till the next episode...

• Marburg66 Jan 04, 2014

An overly pretentious, artistic teaser deserves an overly pretentious, artistic interpretation...

The rubber band represents truth & Underwood is stretching it close to the breaking point over & over again.

Still very psyched for the show, though :)

• stanking Jan 04, 2014

It's not even Kevin Spacey's hands and rubber band either. "Meh" is too generous.

• SinspaW Jan 04, 2014

...would you say Frank Underwood is pulling the string(s)?

• Acrobit Jan 04, 2014

Aside from Frank possibly having the President tied up on the couch across from him, this just seems like the ad of a douchebag with a very popular show saying, "Yes, masses, we have returned to you, and for this...you are welcome."

And on a kinder tick, it also says, "Frank's thinking. Be afraid."

• Acrobit Jan 04, 2014

Yeah, so anyway, I'm in, but it's like giving me a lump of tofu to whet my appetite for a fine wine. Thaaaaanks...

• wudntulik2know Jan 03, 2014

So he didn't throw the young girl off the roof? Bet he never says:

"you might say that, but I couldn't possibly" either.

Blech. Not interested.

• Abelak Jan 03, 2014

If I read into it, I would say it was to showcase Underwood's tendency to bend things until they inevitably break... And lack of noise creates more tension? (Ugh. This mini clips have nothing on American Horror Story.)

• mad-pac Jan 03, 2014

Riveting...