House of Lies

Show Reviews (13)

Great

Awesome

By consprosand, Jul 24, 2014

I love watching this show on demand rocks. The ending surprised me. its been a minute since i haven't seen it all.

Love it!

By houbou, May 03, 2014

Love this show, it's unpredictable and it's fun and gripping. My only beef.. Not enough of it, we need more damnit! :)

Relatable and unforgettable. NO WAIT.. Unrelatable and forgettable, that's it.

By paskisr, Jul 06, 2013

Cheap fun for an episode or two until I realised there were no characters that had any traits that I could relate to in the least. Working in a corporate job, it's also so distantly removed from reality that it just comes off as something a producer pulled out of his butt.

Just not enough

By ludoTV, Mar 20, 2013

I admit to being a fangirl so my main problem with House of Lies is just how little there is of it... 12 eps and they barely last 20 mins? I could watch these crazy people for hours... I think the 2nd season has done exactly the opposite of Girls in that it has tempered the shock value and easy provocations (most of the time at least, language is a bit over-vulgar) and become a little more subtle... There is a lot of overtly sexual content in the show but to me this works really well in showing how emotionally stunted most of the characters are... the sex scenes are easy to watch but when it gets emotional it is rough... So of course I rate it a 10... Fangirl all right...moreless

Such a Good Show

By Mj_ps3, Feb 16, 2013

I was a bit sceptical of the show given that Metacritic and IMDB have insinuated that the show isn't any good. With highly average scores. I have to say this show has exceeded my expectations, its funny and yet kind of smart at the same time, very few can boast of that. Iv just started watching it and cant wait to see how this goes.

An attempt at an accurate portrayal of a great show

By saibikkani, Jan 13, 2013

Their are two kinds of people who take the time to write a review about a show, those who where so strongly moved that they are either writing about their hate or love for the show and those who are just bored out of their minds. I happen to be in the former category. I just love this show. I watch a large and diverse group of shows and out of them all I must say that this show stands near the top if not at the top itself.

Negatives: Vulgar language is overused. While their may be instances where it is appropriate the level at which they use it in the show is past the point of inaccuracy. In the real world anyone who spoke with such foul language would be looked down upon by their co-workers and especially their clients. I think this show needs better advertising. Without proper coverage I believe that it will be a runaway success.

Positives: While some other's did not appreciate the freezes that are used to explain the jargon I think this allows the average viewer to understand what is happening. I appreciate the relationships in this show as well as they make the show identifiable to a large range of audiences. From young to old, liberal to conservative, immigrant to average Joe I believe this show can be appreciated by a wide audience. Their are many other positives such as the absolute brilliance of the actor's performances or the senselessness of the plot as a whole but I could write about the pros all night and still have more to say.moreless

Cant wait !

By lzs87, Jun 25, 2012

Fab series. Did not like it in the beginning but then i got pulled into it!

Cant wait for season 2!

Can Not Wait!

By willieno2, May 15, 2012

I find myself enthralled by a socio-path, stirred by his basest instinct to conquer all he sees. You can not beat him as he always comes back. Marty Conn is not a nice person but his ceaseless desire to get the job done inspires us. Even if he is destroying companies and people as goes.

The second season could have so many arcs, i want it now. When is it out? Marty and blondie gonna be bumpin' uglies? Ex misses Conn gonna fight marty in court? Little Rosco gonna cause the apocalypse?.......thats what i think anyway.

moreless

One Of The Best New Shows...Ever!

By marlonjones, Apr 02, 2012

You cannot review a whole show based one the pilot or 2-3 episodes alone.

With that said I have seen the entire 1st season and it is without a doubt one of the best new shows, ever. The pure magic that is Don Cheadle alone sells this show. His character is one of the best written in ages. There's no bull here, straight to the point and sometimes over the top but that just makes for excellent tv. The cinematography and the direction of some of the episodes is just wonderfu and pure blissl. The lovely Kirsten Bell, the very awesome Josh Lawson & Ben Schwartz together, all that just add to the brilliance. Just fantastic. And an excellent storyline seriously. I can't compliment this show enough. Enough said, just watch!!moreless

Great Show

By wiggle47, Feb 05, 2012

First of all Don Cheadle is a great actor. Not only on white screen (film, cinema, stage) but now also on tv.

kirstin bells part is a bit the same. angry beautiful girl/woman with brains, who loves strange sex and is very very intelligent. the other actors are playing - acting well enough, although their part in the show is not that. its boring, they do not add.

The show needs some work. the actor playing the role of Don Cheadles father must be more expand. also does the role of the psycho mum.

the son is hilarious!.

I love this show and hopefullymoreless

Load More Reviews