Blowing the Whistle

Episode Reviews (4)

Great

Already did this...

By Canogaparkcindy, Apr 07, 2012

How many times has House faked sick? Seriously, it's like team tradition. Every single time House gets a new team, he fakes being sick. This was clever when this was first done in Half-Wit in season three but now it's just tired. Has anyone else noticed this? Or is it just me?

As for the medical mystery, there were the usual ethical issues/ tie ins to the team's central problem but it just wasn't entertaining tonight. Honor, not honorable, frankly, it didn't matter to me.

The only salvageable were the clinic patients. These were very funny, interestingly has become the "trademark" of the show.moreless

Loved Little Chase

By Keemotherapy9, Apr 06, 2012

(to answer your query: No, House never faked being sick before - in Half-Wit, he faked results to another hospital so he could get a pleasure chip implanted in his medial fore-brain cortex to relieve his pain, and you might be thinking of No More Mr. Nice Guy, where he starts acting nice so his team would think he has syphilis - but he never faked having symptoms to find out which of his team would blow the whistle on him.)

---My Review--

I love House, and giving it an 8 was a little hard on me, because I'd often give all episodes a 9 at least. This was a basic House episode, and it was complicated on the first view which makes it a very good watch - also the concept of House being sick could have been a hint to future episodes, or just a way of the new writer to write lines for House that would not fit. It WAS a great episode - one problem I have is using DB Weiss as freelance writer - THIS IS FINAL SEASON! USE YOUR BEST WRITERS! Whatever happened to Lawrence Kaplow - he wrote "A Pox on our House" and "Black Hole," and the award winning "Autopsy"! All incredible episodes, and he hasn't written anything since Season 7!!!!

Typhus was a very cool diagnosis, and it is hinted with the closeup on the patients bald head in the beginning - I love how they offered it in the DDX, rejected it, and then went back to it again to cure him. Not as moving as most House scripts, but great nonetheless.moreless

Blowing the Whistle

By thefanof, Apr 05, 2012

Whether House is sick or not, and that would probably be the way to end this show, this is just not a strong enough episode to keep viewers interested as the series winds down. The treason case was too confusing, and it was a little bit boring to put it generously.

And give the rest of the team some real storylines, not just blasting medical jargon that the actors had to try hard to memorize.

Chase the Rat

By SarmenMichael, Apr 04, 2012

After Chase defending House the whole episode, I didn't suspect him of being the Rat. Once I found we learned it was Chase, I was satisfied with his justification for telling Foreman. It was funny how he thought House would understand and not punish him, although House had already put heaps of Rats in Chases apartment. hahahaha.

The case was okay. I didn't really pay much attention to it, to be honest. The poor sucker ended up going to jail and finding out that his dad was dishonourable. Hey, at least he was cured though.moreless