Distractions

Episode Reviews (24)

Great

This being the third episode of house i've seen, i was very pleased. It was funny and kept me glued to the screen!

By stewie1423, Jun 30, 2010

I started watching house at the episode failure to commincate! I decided to carry on watching and i'm glad i did. I thought this episode was funny and lots more. House sitting at the lecture was the best scene. Very funny! I found myself even wanting to know what was really wrong with the burnt boy! Great episode, will keep watching for sure!

Classic episode.

By DonStants2, Jun 05, 2009

This is one of those episodes that I can watch time and time again. House treats a burn victim whilst trying to get over Stacy.

I thought the case was very interesting, simply because the team couldn't use the normal tests we see them use so much, which created more dilemnas and more of a challenge for them. It reminded me very much of an early series one case, with lots of medical jargon and different tests to answer the puzzle.

I thought House dealing with the loss of Stacy was also very funny. I loved him interupting Dr Webber (Bulldog from "Fraiser"), and the scenes between himself and Wilson were hilarious and some of the best one liners and dialogue this Season. It was also very amusing when he got stoned in the locker room and then recovered to help with the diagnosis. I thought the parents in the episode were fantastic, and definate one of the better acted sets of parents we have had in this show.

Overall, as already stated, this Season has hit its stride, and the next set of episodes merely confirms this. A fantastically well written episode, which shows of its humour, as well as House's pain and need for a distraction, making him slightly more insane than usual. Fantastic.moreless

Funny.

By Canogaparkcindy, Sep 03, 2008

Well this episode shows that migraines hurt like hell anyways the funn7y part was when House was acting like was on dope after getting the pills for the migraine also when he is criticizing the new guy & his migraine medicine, I burst out laughing. I love the motorcycle crash in the beginning, wow that was intense, I like when House reveals that the parent's child was having an orgasm, he was weird kid too, telling their parents everything & the parents don't seem to mind, they even give him drugs. But I liked how the patient was healed & he totally kicked the new guy out of the hospital after proving him wrong. A finny episode.moreless

Does House need a distraction after bidding farewell to Stacy?

By sasmom, Aug 21, 2008

House exacts revenge on a former medical school classmate, Philip Weber, who turned him in for cheating on a math test. Seems this guy has published his research on a migraine remedy in an Indian medical journal. House seeks to prove him wrong by trying out the medication on himself - after inducing a killer migraine. Of course, Weber's medicine doesn't work, leaving House with not only pain in his leg, but pain in his head. Needing to rid himself of the headache, House ultimately resorts to LSD (which was, in fact, invented to treat migraines) combined with antidepressants (which mitigate the psychedelic effects of the acid). As House tries to disprove Weber, he treats a burn victim, who has crashed his ATV.

Favorite moments: Wilson believes that House hatches his elaborate plot as a distraction after losing Stacy, suggesting that his friend hire a hooker (among other things) instead. In the final scene of the episode, House desolately awaits his lady of the evening. As he lets her into his apartment, it is clear that House hurts, not just in his head, not just in his leg, but in his heart as well. Also, Cameron's examination of House when he is tripping on LSD is a delight.moreless

One of my Top 10 House episode of all times...

By OuroborosSnyder, Feb 23, 2008

Ok, , so I absolutely LOVE this episode. Everything about it was amazing; from the disguise that House wears while hearing the lecture that he set up behind Cuddy's back to the test he does on himself with a drug that is not legalized in the US. All in point just to ruin an old colleague's career? Oh hell yes!

So, I love in (almost) the beginning when House gives the coma patient a migraine! LOL How funny is that? I like when Cuddy is like, "You gave him a migraine? Have you ever read an ethical code..." Too funny! One of the great parts of the episode. Or how she confronts him about setting up the lecture...of course forging her name. Ha Ha Don't you just love when he walks out of the room and growls at Cuddy first. Talking about his punishment! LOL So, we all know the scene of him and Wilson in the lecture. His disguise..."Sudden chills and light sensitivity." =) *Wink* I like Wilson's advise...get a big screen TV...get a hooker, something! As he kept asking questions...

Then a little later in, he decides to test the drug on himself. Very cleaver...or not. I like how he pounds on the desk and Cameron is like, "Are you ok?" House is like: "I'm having a migraine." Of course, then it shows Foreman giving him some drugs to cure the problem...blah, blah, blah. I like when he walks into the "Meeting room" where all the ducklings are and lies down on the ground; using a book for a pillow. =) Foreman: Something's seriously wrong with him. All that was an awesome interaction. LOVE that scene. Ok, so the best...yeehaa! When he comes out of the shower and the song, "Get Miles" is playing my Gomez. Awesome!

This whole episode is the best! So much more...

~Snyder~moreless

Review

By cavanagh15, Feb 21, 2007

This is the first House episode where I thought both the acting and the storyline was nothing but sub par. The fact that House got a hooker at the end so he could deal with his issue about turning down the woman that he loved because he actually grew a heart for a change was just stupid. He tried drugs and when that didnt work he went out and got himself another distraction. Personally, I didnt like that writing. The case in this episode was average, not amazing that I would go crazy over. There was no cool interactions between the charcaters and the doctor that House wanted to get back at didn't even play a pivotal role in the episode. House needs to go back to the clinic three or four times an episode like he used to have to do in season 1. It led to a lot of comedy between Cuddy and him and was the basis around the humor for the show. I think this episode is the beginning of a fall for this show. I didnt think one episode could turn me off that much, but I am not being entertained.moreless

House uses pain to get out of pain

By Slayergirlkal, Feb 18, 2007

This was just a really great episode of House. I liked that they couldn't do any of their normal tests because Adam's burns were so bad, it made solving the case more interesting.

House inducing the migraine in the coma patient to prove that the drug didn't work was so classical of House. I loved Cuddy getting mad at him for it. And Cuddy yelling at him for signing her name for Weber to come and speak.

Cuddy was great introducing Weber and then when he said thank you to her that was great as well. House at Weber's lecture was just beautiful. I loved how Wilson kept telling House that he needed a hobby throughout the beginning of the lecture. And I loved Foreman coming in and House yelling Shut Up really loud.

I can believe that House would give himself a migraine just to prove his enemy's math skills sucked. And then House dropping acid and Cameron getting all worried about him after were great.

Much better than the last episode.moreless

House's way to cope with his pain.

By Ghostrider3815, Feb 01, 2007

House and his team treat a burn victim after the boy crashes his ATV and it catches on fire.

After pushing Stacy out of his life, House has to create distractions for himself so he won't feel the pain of pushing the love of his life out of his life. House induces a migraine headache to prove that Dr. Philip Weber, House's college rival, and his medicine doesn't work. But as Wilson explains, it wasn't the only reason. Wilson tells House what he did was a perfect lose/lose situation, very him, because either he would be in psychic pain from Weber being rich or he would be in physical agony all day, just so he could get Stacy off his mind.moreless

Finally, we got rid of Stacy's.

By ileanabrea, Aug 14, 2006

Sting advises, "If you love someone, set them free." House's rendition includes banishing all thoughts of the love you threw away, so to distract himself, he:

* induces migraines in himself and in Comatose Man,

* destroys his med-school rival's clinical trials,

* drops acid and

* entertains a call girl.

All of these, of course, are disguised as clever means to work-related ends. All except the prostitute. Whether House is exposing the bad math of the doctor who got him kicked out of Johns Hopkins 20 years before or waking up his teenage burn patient to take a medical history, it's all about going to the extreme to avoid his own pain. "Nothing can hurt my heart," House says, though we all know that's a lie. Wilson, as ever, is filled with witty comebacks that balance out the caustic doctor's ill mood. Slipping into the light-sensitive doctor's darkened office, Wilson greets him with, "Dr. Jekyll, I presume? They found a half-eaten sheep in the zoo. The police want to ask you a few questions." Even that didn't get a smirk from the heartbroken one. With Stacy gone, House swings dangerously between hurting himself and hurting his patients. Hopefully somebody at Princeton-Plainsboro will catch him before he flies over the edge. Is it wrong to hope his salvation will come in Stacy's surprise return to the show? I don't think so. Fingers crossed.moreless

i missed the ending!

By dman16x, Jul 25, 2006

i was wondering if someone out there would be so kind as to let me know how this one ended... fox cut out right after house was going to wake the kid up for the second time. and came back on right after he explained why the kid got sick in the first place. can someone let me know what happened. i would really appriciate it. djv85x@yahoo.com thank you, donovan

Load More Reviews