Hunting

Episode Reviews (41)

Great

Enjoyed it. . but not as much as the others

By detorio, Jul 30, 2009

As another reviewer mentioned, the patient was the least interesting aspect of the episode and I was nodding my head to it. Surely was. The patient and the diagnosis for the episode didn't capture my attention as others have. It was not cos the patient was infected with full-blown AIDS its just that it didn't grab me! and keep me intrigued like the previous eps.

What i DID enjoy from this episode was how our 'Grey Horse' LOL ;) was closing the gap between himself and Stacey. I liked that! Found myself grinning at most of their scenes. Especially them lying on the floor, propped up on both arms beside a dodgy mouse catching apparatus! Kudos for how it looked. And calling the rat Steve McQueen, 2 points for style right there!

Ohhhh and ofcourse how could I forget, Cameron slipping and giving into temptation! Hmmm right..

All in all, just a 'great' episode this one.moreless

House and Stacy, Cameron and Chase, and fun or self destruction

By DonStants2, Jun 03, 2009

I thought this episode was a classic, and provided a further stepping stone in the House and Stacy marathon. I both loved and loathed how House manipulated her; its clear he has feelings for her, but he is utterly useless at expressing them.

I thought the scenes between Chase and Cameron were excellent- it was crazy seeing Cameron go wild like that! Foreman's face after House had deduced what had happened was a classic.

The patient storyline was okay, but by no means perfect. I thought the patient had a lot of depth, and his relationship with his dad was interesting. It was particulary dramatic when House antagonised him and then hit him in self defense to prove his diagnosis.

Overall, I thought this was another solid episode, but once again doesn't quite hit the perfect mark, as the case itself wasn't at its peak, and I thought the subplot with him coughing blood on Cameron wasn't particulary interesting, or relevant to the storyline.moreless

A gay man with AIDS collapes in front of House and Wilson forcing House to treat the man who apparently has been stalking him for weeks.

Throughout the episode we also see Cameron face a problem of her own, a possible life threating disease.

By kazisawsome, Oct 15, 2007

The episode starts with a gay man with AIDS waiting outside House's apartment for him (aparently this has been happening everyday for a couple of weeks).

The man has an unknown condition and wants House to help him, all House wants is his paper. The man collapes after a tug-a-war with House's cane.

Cuddy and Stacey both tell House to treat the man unless he wants to face assult charges.

After a variety of negative tests House and the team still have nothing. Cameron then goes to do a test on the man and he accidently coughs up blood in Cameron's eyes and mouth, possibly infecting her.

Cameron returns to work looking worried, while the team believe that toxic drugs are to blam so Cameron and Chase go to the man's Motel to find them. While they are there Chase suggests that they go out for a drink that night after what happened earlier that day, Cameron declines.

Meanwhile when the patient nearly dies he asks Cameron to tell his father he said sorry.

Later that night we see Chase going in to Camerons apartment saying something about Cameron changing her mind and them going out for a drink at some new bar, Cameron replies by kissing him and starting to unbutton his shirt. Chase realise's that she is high and that she is only doing it because of the whole maybe infeacted by AIDS thing. But aparently he doesn't care and we see them going in to her bedroom kissing and ....well u knoew the rest.

Oh and about the patient he had a paracist that he got from a dead fox while hunting when he was a kid.moreless

The patient was the least interesting part of the episode.

By Ting13, Oct 01, 2007

The patient in this episode was quite the jerk. The patients can be anything from little angels to normal people to kind of annoying, but I think this was the first one I genuingly disliked. His attitude annoyed me, as well as his whole personality. I guess he could be excused to some extent because of his history, but still... he was really annoying.

I bet poor Cameron thought he was quite annoying too, at least when he was coughing up blood on her. I felt bad for her in this episode, being exposed like that must be very stressful. Jennifer Morrison got to stretch her legs a bit in this episode, and she did it well. What I didn't quite get was the subplot with her and Chase. My friends and I have been debating back and forth about this. Did they use a condom or not, and did Cameron bite him or not? Personally I completely missed the biting part, and I assumed they used a condom and that's why she didn't feel the need to include Chase in her little poll the next day. Some of my friends however insist that she bit him on the lip, and that she excluded him from the poll because she knew from the night before that he didn't always use a condom. Apparently when Chase was looking in the mirror toward the end he had a bite mark on his lip. Then followed the discussion on what the two of them were thinking if my friends were indeed right. It wouldn't surprise me if she bit him to make him feel the same worry that she's feeling, but on the other hand that would be petty even for her. I can't imagine though that Chase would be stupid enough to have unprotected sex with someone he knows might be HIV positive. I guess time will have to tell if either of them has been infected, and what further effects their horizontal ketchup dance will lead to. However it all turns out, I must say I loved the look on Foreman's face when House concluded that Chase must have slept with Cameron.

As for House, I think he definitely reached a new low in this episode (or in the previous, depending on how you look at it). I can't figure out whether he actually does want Stacy back, or whether he just wants her gone. Judging from the look on his face after she found out the truth towards the end it seems that he at least didn't want to hurt her. Big jerk points for him either way.moreless

Another great episode with interesting character relationships.

By Mr_Jaminson, Aug 24, 2007

The beginning was a little different and set up the entire episode nicely, and in an unfamilar way. This episode also set up another side story for Cameron. It was clear throughout the whole episode that there was something wrong with the patient, whether it was just because he was bitter or there was something wrong with the relationship between him and his family. It was interesting and just generally well done how they slowly introduced the awkward relationship between the patient and his dad. House, using his wit yet again, uses the family's relationships with each other to eventually prove his theory correct. With a great ending and more of the same clever humour, this is a worthy episode

Medical Problem: parasites caused by Fox's in Montana

Rating: 9.2/10moreless

The tension between House and his ex girlfreind Stacy is unbarable. The rat Steve McQueen is the best character in this episode. He spices things up. He relieves the tension. I love Cameron and Chase!

By Zorrozag, Jun 11, 2007

This is an awesome episode I really enjoy House and the cast. I really find this series the best out of all of the medical shows. The humor is the best! Nothing more to say about that. House and Wilson are the best without them being best friends the show would not be as good as it should. I am not sure who my favorite character is on the show but I really like Wilson. He is always the shy one and I hate the show without him! I am curious to what is going to happen in the next year.moreless

A man had AIDS, Cameron tried drugs and ended up with Chase...

By osobenawitch, May 21, 2007

Not exactly my type of episode. I had the feeling that in it everything is going around sex. House was chasing a rat with the intention to seduce Stacy, Cameron got drugged and slept with Chase and a man with AIDS explained that he liked sex with random partners...

I liked that Chase cared about Allison and gave her the pills to help her feel better after the night they spend together. I am not a Chase\Cameron shipper but in this episode they seemed good together. I see them more like a brother and a sister and I am not really happy they slept together but I understan why she did it and at least he didn't dump her like a trash. The possibility to have HIV wasn't very pleasant. Better to say it's scary.

The best thing in the episode for me was the rat story. I am glad that House understood about the infection and in the end he put it in a cage with a wheel.

The patient case wasn't so interesting. I felt sorry about the young man with HIV but not because of the virus. I just felt pity that he lost his mother that way. Like it wasn't enough that he is sick and dying.

Sorry for the mistakes, guys. I hope there is no big nosenses in this.moreless

House treats a patient with AIDS.

By vzsgabe, May 18, 2007

This was one of my favorite episodes ever if only because *SPOILER ALERT* Cameron and Chase finally got together (however short-lived that was). I absolutely love those two together! And Foreman's expression when House gives it away to everyone else is priceless! One of my favorite scenes in this episode was also the one where House taunts the patient's dad just so he can hit him in the liver to help confirm his diagnosis. Haha. And of course this was the episode where we first get to meet Steve McQueen the rat which I have to say. seems like a weird pet for anyone else but is absolutely perfect for House somehow.moreless

Elephant in a glass shop.

By luridhope, Mar 22, 2007

IMHO The show goes downhill after this episode. They have dumbed down the writing and rehashed similiar premises over and over again. Television is fantasy, it's the overexaggerated consistancy of characters that makes a show great. Just look at some of the longest running shows on television like MASH, the Simpsons, Cheers, and LA Law. The "formula" to great shows is character consistancy, not hip contemporary controversy.

Load More Reviews