Occam's Razor

Episode Reviews (22)

Great

Guess they're trying to get into the routine.

By thecheesykid, May 11, 2011

Occam's Razor, the law of economy. Nice choice of name. I'm sure there've been explanations already, but basically it means that you should generally choose the hypothesis that seems simplest and that covers all info.

This is a pretty simple episode overall, so I'll make the review simple too. This episode was good, but too routine, which is pretty much my only problem with the show. Other than that small criticism, I'd say that it had some great clinic duty scenes, the case was sort of interesting, but not enthralling and that Laurie was brilliant, as always.

House talking to the clinic patients at the start was just hilarious. Yup, this one was pretty good.moreless

Well a better episoide then the other two, we actually got to see how House's team actually get on with each other.

By tvrev, Apr 26, 2010

i have got to admit that, this episoide was a lot better then i expected it to be, which was a plesant surprise. i also liked the fact that for first time House actually doing research into it because he didn't know, in the last 2 episoide he guessed the right answer but this case he couldn't. For once we was wrong and he couldn't believe it. Still one thing you got like about this guy he is through, even though the boy will be ok, he actually went futher to find tablets confusion. i got to admit i got more respect for him now then i had before. mainly because it showed he can't be right all the time.

The girlfriend, i was kinda of surpirsed she actually stuck around until the guy annoced they will be engaged, at the begaining i thought she was normal girlfriend. Still the parents, got to like house lines in this part ' which one give the cough medicine on wedensday' ' come-on, no-one will be in trouble'. i also like his response parents about the fact he rather make their son better instead of holding his hand.

Chase, am i seeing some-sort chemistry between him and female doctor, it's clear they can be more then friends even though she said no for coffee, i thought it was funny how she explain sex through medical terms and the body process, that was really amusing. i glad there was some chacter development in this episoide. i hope it contiues in the future episoides.

How do you get MP-3 player in that position that you can't sit down?, seriously only way i can see is that he accidental sat on it?, it nice to see House can be professional about it.moreless

After watching this episode, I'll definitely be coming back for more...

By anshu_angel, Apr 26, 2010

The first episode I watched and I was definitely hooked- I thought it was so clever, and the twists and turns were very dramatic. But more than just a good plot, it had intriguing characters, and I loved House\'s interaction with the junior staff and his curious method of \'motivating\' them!

"Hello sick people... " Yes, House is at it again and with one of his most memorable House-isms.

By NiDKiD, Apr 26, 2010

The episode with the parental warning and all the rough sex at the beginning. Well, at least the girl seemed to enjoy herself even if the boy did pass out. But he's sick, you know, or he wouldn't have turned up later on at Princeton Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. He'll be cured in due course thanks to Dr. House but not before we're treated to one of the best House-isms of the entire series:

"Hello, sick people and their loved ones! In the interest of saving time and avoiding a lot of boring chitchat later, I'm Doctor Gregory House; you can call me 'Greg.'"

...

"I am also the only doctor currently employed at this hospital who is forced to be here against his will."

...

"But not to worry, because for most of you, this job could be done by a monkey with a bottle of Motrin. Speaking of which, if you're particularly annoying, you may see me reach for this: this is Vicodin. It's mine! You can't have any! And no, I do not have a pain management problem, I have a pain problem... but who knows? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm too stoned to tell. So, who wants me?"

Well worth watching for that scene alone.moreless

A great episode

By dramagirly20, Apr 26, 2010

I loved this episode, it was great with many funny moments. My favorite was House's classic "hello sick people" speech. I also liked how he kept calling Cuddy in for a consult when he DEFINITELY didn't need one, and of course, the sex talk. That was hilarious. I can definitely see something happening with Chase and Cameron, especially when Foreman was talking to chase about Cameron. I really liked this episode, another great installment to a great series!

Kevin Zegers has sex, but not much else.

By paulstreet, Apr 26, 2010

For his guest appearnace in "House", Kevin Zegers had shed much of the extra weight he put on for his star role in "The Incredible Mrs Ritchie," (his weight had gone up from a normal 145 lbs to a very muscular 160 lbs).

You can tell he's trying to break out of his "Air Bud" image. After years of family films, he now gets his first explicit sex scene (I'm not including the passionate kissing scene he did with Lolita Davidovich in 1999's "Four Days").

But aside from the opening sex scene, Zegers is basically seen and not heard. Not only didn't Zegers have much dialogue, he also didn't have much acting to do: he sat in a bed, turned around for a biopsy, and stood up nude (was he really?) for decontamination; that's it.

As if that wasn't bad enough, I heard the sex scene was edited down for the episode repeat (but featured complete on the DVD).

The decontamination scene seemed strange to me - why is the hospital technician standing in the chamber with the patient? Don't procedures like these usually have the test conductor standing in an isolated area or behind a screen?moreless

now i always ask myself if nobody screw up with my medications!

By minimax34, Apr 26, 2010

Kind of revealating episode! it's tru than people die becuse of bad medication! but ive never thoug of it more than that! but this episode is also nice because it present the family interactions! and house was still right! and at the end of the show he prouve it! :)

Cool, at this point the series was coming along amazingly!

By Mr_Jaminson, Apr 26, 2010

Another excellent episode without a doubt. I was honestly a little bit shocked at the beginning scene because it was totally different than the starts of the others thus far. After watching all of season one on DVD, id expect House to prove everyone wrong when he said they gave him the wrong medicine and that would be the causes of everything. But i was wrong as well.

The way all of the symptoms couldnt match with each other on the white board was pretty interesting. I was starting to think that they could not solve the problem, but they did just in time!

Medical Problem: Colchicine Poisoning

Rating: 9.5/10moreless

So not only does everyone lie but everyone also screws up.

By Slayergirlkal, Apr 26, 2010

Yeah this was one of the best! Cameron asking what kind of sex could kill you and her speech to Chase about how sex could actually kill you, House's little speech to the clinic and someone in the pharmacy screwed up all made this a very interestingly hilarious episode.

I loved House's rant to the people in the waiting area of the clinic it was so so funny I couldn't stop laughing! Cameron's little speech to Chase about how sex could kill you was very intense and Chase's reaction was good too.

I also loved how the team thought that one was simpler than two and House went to say that if (I think he said Foreman) told you that two people exchanged fluids and created a baby and he said that a stork dropped the little tike off in a diaper which was simpler?

In the end they found out that the guy had gotten the wrong meds for his cough but yeah totally awesome episode everyone should see this one!moreless

Load More Reviews