Runaways

Episode Reviews (6)

Great

MedStud2014

By PriscillaDela, Feb 07, 2012

Watched this episode of House MD and was disappointed. Patient presented with bleeding, paresthesia of lower extremities and hemoptysis and had an esophageal ulcer. Differentials were brain aneurysm and alcoholism yet the final diagnosis was ascariasis. I know that ascariasis is not common in the United States but still they should have detected eosinophilia in her CBC. And yes, I know this is just a TV show and it focuses on the drama of life but still: DISAPPOINTING.

Not as bad as some this season. .

By ActiveSparkles, Feb 06, 2012

This episode was a hit and miss affair.

I enjoyed that the medical mystery took priority for once, with House/Wilson motives shoot off being reduced to a few tedious scenes.

I was not so keen on the Adams vs everyone else story. Its been done to death on House with new team members being broken in or just broken. The first few times it was interesting and made for good viewing. It is now just predictable and filler. A show which changes its cast so frequently is going to have to think of something else to do with them I am afraid.

The Foreman love triangle angle was a bit painful to start with, but I do enjoy the ever present arc that he is becoming more and more like House. That could lead somewhere very interesting if handled well.

One other thing, they have got to stop with the same conclusion every damned week.

House stopping in mid sentance, suddenly having all the answers jump at him- the show is becoming a parody of its own material. Can we let someone else solve the case? Or a group conclusion? Or any other way that doesn't involve a mid sentance epiphany.

I can see why this episode has taken a battering, I actually didn't think it was as bad as some episodes this season. This show needs to improve fast, or end while it still has some fans.moreless

Runaways

By thefanof, Feb 03, 2012

Like several of my fellow TV.com users have pointed out, this episode of House just did not do it for me. They introduced a very unlikable patient, and just did not give us anything in the actual medical mystery that made us care. House was also more annoying than comedic throughout the duration of the episode.

Sorry, but my 4 out of 10 score is rather generous here.

Slow As 'Tortoise'

By DeadRookie, Feb 01, 2012

BORING BORING BORING.. definitely the worst House I have ever seen..."Civil War reenactors showing up IN UNIFORM.in a hospital.. Come on...Realism is out the window. A case that moves along, as the episode shows, at the pace of a \tortoise. Taub needs more advise so he turns to Wilson? Since when have they been close. It ends with the (lately) "give her a few pills and she will be fine" finale. The guest star..looked eerily like a young Jennifer Morrison which was either intentional or the producers REALLY miss Morrison who is off to a hit show of her own "(Once Upon a Time). Foreman suddenly has a girlfriend? This episode doesn't';t work on every level. Sorry..can't rate it higher than ONE.. Why would I bother to even review an episode I hate so much..because HOUSE used to be an amazing program. They have lost it. A dozen or less episodes and that will end House...I don;t see how the episodes can get worse.moreless

House & Patient VS. Adams

By lanamissy, Jan 31, 2012

I liked this episode. It was played very well. The fact that the patient was a runaway because of her mother was an interesting plot. I loved how House was on her side the entire time, even though he did so only because he wanted to solve the case.