Spin

Episode Reviews (20)

Great

Another sports episode...

By DonStants2, Jun 03, 2009

When I first heard of this episode, I believed they were simply doing a very similiar story to "Sports Medicine" in Season 1. However, this episode eclipses it.

For starters, the patient admits to doping first of, so the puzzle is far more intriguing. The character is quite dislikable, and raises the points of athletes cheating to be the best.

House was also hilariously funny in this episode, especially at the end when he "cures" the athlete, and lets him colapse on the floor.

The development between House and Stacy was also interesting, and moving along nicely. House stealing the therapy notes at the end was very him, although surely can only end in tears.

I liked the conversations between Cameron and Wilson this episode- I think there was a good development in their friendship. It most certainly is more realistic than a friendship between Wilson and Foreman/Chase for example.

Overall, this was another solid episode, yet whilst Series 2 has been excellent so far, it still hasn't hit the same pace as the end of Series 1.moreless

The kid form iCarly guest stars.

By Canogaparkcindy, Aug 28, 2008

This episode was a bit nerve wracking & mysterious but not what I expected, just an okay episode but what did interest me is the little kid from the beginning, he's the kid from iCarly who plays Freddie! He looks so small! Anyways I really think the patient was a real jerk, he fired his agent, just because of a hunch, and Cameron didn't rat him out either, he seems to be blaming everyone throughout the episode. The subplot was amazing, Mark vs. House, I think House won that battle, and the end was pretty good, him looking at Stacy's files, makes you want to see more, what's in the file, an okay episode.moreless

I thought this episode was great, more than the usual one liners.

By sheppyc, Aug 26, 2008

There was a comment at the end between Dr Allison Cameron and Dr James Wilson about cheating. They were seated in a room together and it had been mentioned before but this time Allison admits she 'almost cheated' on her husband with his best friend. Dr James Wilson said he'd cheated on his wife and had told her and that's what killed the marriage. I was trying to remember the wording about the comment made that went along the lines of something to do with emotions and also with actions. Does anyone know what was said exactly? Been driving me nuts.moreless

Review

By cavanagh15, Feb 20, 2007

I both love and hate the scenes between Mr. Warner and House. I like them because they are always intense and meant to hurt each other, yet it seems like Mr. Waner always gets the better of House at the end - which is what I dont like. House should never be one uped on this show and it tends to happen often when he is talking with Warner. I think the on going "Does she still love me" storyline with his wife needs to stop. It takes away from the humor of the show every time they have a scene to do together, they always fight which doesnt turn out to be funny. The rest of the episode was tradition House style. Funny comments and a pretty stadard case. I thought it was a good episode overallmoreless

house never seizes to amaze me. the way fretted the truth from the bic guy was classic. everyone lies.

By stephshady, Sep 04, 2006

seriously dr cameron should go and work for the united nations if she keeps looking at the world in white and black. my God she has to get a grip. so the bic guy does drugs, he makes the kids happy, it like telling the kids santa's is a lie. i really like the way wr wilson set her straight. stacy i love her, i wish she and house would get back together so as spice up the show a little bit. all in all i love the series.moreless

I kind of felt as though i was watching another filler episode , with nothing too exciting happening. Still as every epsiode manages to do, it made for one well spent hour.

By Mr_Jaminson, Aug 24, 2006

I kind of also felt i had seen most elements of this episode in one during the first season. Im thinking "Sports Medicine", the one with the professional baseball player who breaks his arm throwing a pitch for a commercial. The patient just was not too original or anything. The initial symptom was ok, again kind of just fainted. But it was really deceiving how they made the kid look like he was going to be the one that was going to be sick.

The disease and symtoms were just regular, nothing too spectacular. There was some humour i this episode that i still find very funny even now, for example where House gives Jeff a temporary cure then afterwards he collapses on the floor.

Medical Problem: thymoma, causing PRCA, resulting in anemia

Rating: 9.1/10moreless

I guess not everyone always lies.

By setherooo, Jul 07, 2006

Good episode. Getting the confession right at the beggining really helped propel the show, in my opinion. Reviving the spat between Mark and House was also a nice way to go. The jealousy between those two guys is enormous and I can\'t wait to see the way it will play out this season. House being wrong was also a nice change. Shows that he can be a jerk and still be wrong without apologizing. He did say oops. I also really enjoyed House giving the patient the drug and then not telling him he might collapse. That part was great when he just slumped to the floor. Good episode.moreless

This was an awesome episode.

By CVPWaveMaster, Jun 21, 2006

No one knew what was the cause of the illness until the end of the episode. It’s interesting that so many hypotheses were drawn and tested and often times it had failed. But luckily all was well. My favorite scene though was when House stuck the needle in the guy and said, “You are healed, rise and walk.” That was just funny. I love how manipulative House can be; it’s just so deliciously evil.

Not my favorite, episode.

By ileanabrea, Jun 05, 2006

I have to tell, I'm not a big fan of Cameron but she was really great when she told Wilson about how we can not control our feelings, but we can caontrol our acts.

All this surrounding a profesional cyclist who suffered of breathing problems during a race. He admitted to use drugs and Cameron was all Judgemental about. He even was planning to tell the press about it. She and Wilson had the "Talk" and the phrase i told before came in.

On the other hand i agree with all who say we are tired of Stacy / House situation. He already said he never forgave her and, apparently, she understood because she said Mark did forgive her.

It is a great show, but the medical plot has always been the star, not the other way (i mean the characters life), so i hope it wil continue this way.

The jokes about Pro player sports using drugs were really cool. Those Acting dramas denying the use o it.

By the way, i saw first Haunting, and then spin because Universal Channel Latin America Aired that way.moreless

Load More Reviews