Kids, Here's Who's Narrating the How I Met Your Dad Pilot

By Kaitlin Thomas

Apr 24, 2014

Meg Ryan has joined the cast of CBS’s How I Met Your Dad pilot, TV.com has confirmed.

The Sleepless in Seattle actress will lend her voice to the How I Met Your Mother spin-off as “Future Sally,” the unseen narrator and older version of Greta Gerwig's character, a.k.a. the lady version of Ted Mosby. It's essentially the same role that belonged to Bob Saget on the original series, where he provided the voice of Josh Radnor’s Future Ted. 

How I Met Your Dad, which has yet to receive a series order, follows Sally’s search for the father of her children and will presumably end with Sally announcing she's a lesbian and shacking up with Robin after Ted's untimely death.

• Comments (56)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • BereniceAndrea Apr 27, 2014

Bwahahahhaha this is the best thing I've read in a while.

• Alhedaithy Apr 27, 2014

I think it will be a good fit.

• numberonecubsfa Apr 24, 2014

What is with that photo of Meg Ryan you picked? It looks nothing like her.

• roma_acumen Apr 25, 2014

Thats how she looks now.

• gilbz Apr 24, 2014

After the betrayed feeling from the HIMYM ending, I told myself that I will stay away from the spinoff but I know I will eventually fail.

• MSmollins Apr 24, 2014

The last line of this article was epic haha. I've told myself I'm not gonna even try this but how can I resist not watching at least to get enjoyment out of how bad it will potentially be?

• SarahHagen2 Apr 24, 2014

...Sally announcing she's a lesbian and shacking up with Robin after Ted's untimely death.

That was a much needed Thursday LOL, I snorted my coffee.

• CrazyVaclav Apr 24, 2014

"How I Met Your Barney"

After the last ep. of HIMYM I'm certain that's how it'll turn out.

• gizma1982 Apr 24, 2014

That would be awsome !

• JasonMelvil Apr 24, 2014

I never understood that, what was the point of using a different actor?
    It was still Ted... Why a different voice? It's not like he was going through puberty?

(Or was that supposed to be the metaphor?)

• tilanlan Apr 24, 2014

I'm assuming it's to differientiate when it is ted talking or when it is his narrator... Also a better voice... key word assuming btw

• SeerMagicX Apr 24, 2014

After the worse finale of all time (yes worse than dexter), I will not even give this a try.

• FriendsSherlock Apr 24, 2014

I thought this was a bad idea before the finale, and now I'm convinced it's going to be a total train wreck. "...will presumably end with Sally announcing she's a lesbian and shacking up with Robin after Ted's untimely death." XD Hahah, yep :) and that will STILL make more sense than Ted ending up with Robin, if you ask me XP Don't forget the fact that they will build the side-characters up only to butcher their entire character development by the time the last episode rolls around.

• FriendsSherlock Apr 24, 2014

But I like Meg Ryan. She needs to get out while she can.

• See More Comments (19)