The Burning Beekeeper

Episode Reviews (18)

Fair
6.9

Not the worst, but not great.

By EJM, Jan 06, 2013

It wasn't a particularly funny episode, but I loved the format. It's interesting because in most of the scenes people say or do something and you find out why room by room. I think it defiantly had the potential to be a great episode, but there weren't really any funny scenes..

Are the writers trying?

By yotimi, May 18, 2012

Easily the worst episode of the entire series. Not a single moment of anything even remotely approaching funny. Each verbal exchange failed miserably. What an embarrassment.

disappointment

By kingoftheozone, Apr 21, 2012

I feel like this is the worst episode of How I Met Your Mother, ever. If season 7 had only 23 episodes, and this was the one that was removed, it would still do just as good.

Loved the format of this one.

By amazing_race, Mar 22, 2012

I think that to be honest, the episode was rather pointless and the storyline was exceptionally lacklustre.

However, I just loved the format of this episode, with the 'Room by Room' events of those five minutes. It was really well done.

There were definitely some great laughs in this episode, too, but I hope that next week will be more significant with more focus on the main storyline. Can't wai t to see what happens next! :)

Why all the hate? It wasn't bad.

By gizmo1022, Mar 08, 2012

I really don't see why everyone disliked this episode so much. I thought the way the episode was approached (room by room) was creative and revealed things in a fun way that added to the humor of certain jokes. Also I like Cootes' character because he's so different and a good mix for Marshall who has always wanted that type of job. The bees escaping and Barney choosing being stung over staying in the room with the crazy girl was pretty funny too. It wasn't the best episode ever but I don't think it deserved such low ratings as a 1 or 2...that type of rating is reserved more for moronic shows like those on the Disney channel or newer Family Guy episodes. I laughed enough and my attention was held throughout the episode so it was good enough for me. Really Barney was the biggest saving grace...as usual.moreless

-Facepalm-

By AshleyS, Feb 15, 2012

Horrible horrible 20 minutes. This show was great at the beginning and it was fantastic even till the 6th season and then came this season. The 150th episode was already a big dissapointment. This episode? What was even the point of it? They should just get it over with this season and tell us who the mother is. There was not a single laugh in the whole episode,not even from Barney. Robin and Ted's storyline was absymal. So Robin screams at people and Ted doesn't. Lily was so boring with the whole 'I can't throw a party'. The review may be harsh but since I had high hopes for Himym, I was utterly dissapointed.moreless

No More Mickey!!

By beavis69a, Feb 14, 2012

Can not stand this guy Mickey (Lily's father) didn't like him from the beginning! Now he is all over the show....His character the big loser he is, will bring the show down with himself..I hope they get rid of him!

Feels repetitive

By RoshanGeorge, Feb 10, 2012

How I Met Your Mother [7x15] The Burning Beekeeper

TV .com rating-6.7

RJG rating-6.5

Marshall & Lilly organise a house-warming party..

And guess what?It doesnt go smoothly..as usual...Even though this episode has the fun "multiple storylines blending together at the end" kind of storytelling ,it feels highly repetitive of past episodes...The comedy is average... and the main problem is, it has absolutely nothing to do with "how ted met his wife"..

The show is going downhill

By MsBoonzie, Feb 09, 2012

The first 5, maybe 10, episodes of the season was absolutely fantastic. It was funny and exciting, and I couldn't wait for the next episode. Now, I'm thinking about stop watching the show. The last few episodes has been horrible. Really, really, really bad. This episode was not an exception.

The characters are not developing. If anything, they're going back to being the way they were in the first seasons.

I hope that they bring back the great show it was last year before the season finale. I don't want to see the show get worse and worse until it gets canceled.moreless

Highlight of the season perhaps

By CalebTivendal, Feb 09, 2012

This could be the best episode of the season, but that wouldn't really be hard to pull off because this season has been average at best and utterly abysmal at worst. The highlight of this episode was seeing a different setting to the bar or Ted's apartment but still this has absolutly nothing to do with how Ted meets his wife. This series started off so well, and has had so many good seasons with some great twists but is very quickly on the decline.moreless

Load More Reviews