Howdy Doody

Show Reviews (5)

Good

I wish i could just burn my eyes.

By YamataDragon, Feb 02, 2006

Why did this show air? I guess it's main pint was to creeppeople out. I don't understand what anyone sees in this show. It's creepy, pointless, junky, & stupid. I guess that's why it didn't last for long GOFLSH. This was one of the most pathetic excuses for a show i've ever seen.

This show can only truly be appreciated if examined in its own time period.

By awerlwas, Nov 23, 2005

This show can only truly be appreciated if examined in its own time period. It was created before there were examples to build off. Television was new. Look at the elements this show gives to us. One of the first live audience participation shows. The characters had flaws and work through their issues to be fun, lovable and successful. The show was so popular it was the first time every that a children's show was shown 5 days a week. Elements of this show can be seen in Sesame Street and the Mickey Mouse Club. This is were children's television starts. It is a classic that needs to be appricated for what it gave us.moreless

Plunk

By Toanangel, Oct 14, 2005

Plunk your magic twanger Froggy!

I did, I did, I did, I did.

Guess you had to be there. Princess SummerFallWinterSpring and Howdy Doody the puppets were definately the birth of childrens television.

Buffalo Bob, Clarabelle the clown, puppet dog, Farfo, and he did the Ovalteen commericals too, and Howdy who as a puppet had freckles, red hair, jeans, checkered shirt, and resembles the Mad Magazine character.

This show, Bob Keeshan, later as Captain Kangaroo, The Lone Ranger, were some of the very first to entertain a multitude of baby boomers. Yeah God.moreless

Love that show i want it back on tv because it's howdy doody time it's howdy doody time.

By lincolnbrenda, Jul 07, 2005

There is alot of things i liked about the show it was educational for me and it taught me how to get along with other people and learn how to dance with style.It had me laughing when i was sad and have fun watching every character in the show have fun.

Brenda 111