Human Target

Show Reviews (48)

Great

Pilot Is Decent To Be Seen What May Come However

By AudioFileZ, May 18, 2014

With any TV-show, movie, or whatever I either want to be pre-disposed to be invested (and, thus invested until proven otherwise) or I want to be sold within, approximately 10-minutes. That's pretty demanding. So, for me the question is if "Human Target" passes the mustard.

In the first episode (the pilot?) I am interested immediately because I'm given with a dire hostage situation that plays out exceptionally efficiently. I like a story that doesn't depend on a lot of peripheral stories that drag on and other emotional baggage building. This delivered right at the starting gun.

Christopher Chance is, apparently a kind of uber-mercenary for good. He takes the "bull by the horns" and gets the job done for the greater good of humanity. He is under the tutelage of his quasi-manager "Winston" played by Chi McBride a face you're likely to recognize even if the actual name recognition isn't there. Anyway, at the beginning a deeper hook is set as to who is actually this character Chance anyway. Does Chance have abilities beyond human or what? He's certainly good as the opening sequence drove home. This is good character building here since the viewer has a hunger, a need even, to know much more.

Outside the "wam-bam" opening, the story we're given as a kind of "client of the week" and it's, pretty much, a plausible one. The biggest west coast public works project is about to get the push by the first public display of the technology. There's literally billions on the line since this isn't a one shot thing, but, if successful, a likely "cash cow" public works project that will just get bigger and bigger. Of course, it's entirely a given when this kind of jack is at stake there will be those seeking to get their share by nefarious ways, even derail the legitimate players to supplant who knows. BTW, for me, at least, ever since Hitchcock's "Strangers On A Train" I've loved any intrigue played out within the romantic confines of rail travel. I'd say a groundbreaking fast train in the continental . qualifies as a worthy stage to play off of. Now,, the rest of the story beyond the fast train is pretty sensational, but it has legs grounded in reality and the expectation of this is born out of this Marvel world this is entirely OK as played out.

Chance does what you'd expect of a human with some other-worldly honed super skills. Winston, his confused manager, plays the just slightly out of the loop frustrated boss to a kind of irritated perfection. And, the "ace in the hole" character of Guerro, a kind of darkly connected bad/good guy, played grittily by Jackie Earle Haley, adds just the needed color. A goood, if predictable, twist at the ending ensues. In fact, the predictability is pretty much the only Achilles heel in an otherwise solid intro of a series. It's excusable in an otherwise decent show that must present a weekly installment. A solid B, I'll watch again.moreless

Human Target Fans

By OhOhJudy, Feb 16, 2014

Comedy, action & good looking men :)

cool tv show

By mohammadsalem1829, Nov 05, 2013

why there is no season 3

So much better.......

By p5bdkw61, Oct 12, 2013

This show is so much better than a lot of the stuff on today.

Season 3

By JohnWayne3, Sep 14, 2013

why no S3?

Season 1 rocked

By shk, Feb 12, 2013

I liked the first season; but I think it failed to entertain in the second season because of Indira Verma. I think the role of Indira verma should have been limited to what she had suggested at the start, just as a financier; the series would have remained popular

I surely do miss this show!

By rubicousa, Jan 21, 2013

Mark Valley should have been the one to play Jack Reacher.

I always thought that since the first episode of Human Target.

Loved the books.

Did not like the movie.

Weak with 'famous' leading man.

Dah!

la la linda in Iowa

Wake Up to the 21 Century!!!

By CharlesBrown, Nov 30, 2012

You would think that in a world that has advanced so much in technology television networks would use more modern means to determine if viewers like a show. Instead of using an outdated system that was created in 1950. Networks could ask viewers to like the shows on Facebook would be better than what they are doing now. Is this ever going to end? Sorry, cast of Human Target. You were all great and I hate that you are gone as well as some other current shows that the networks have been getting wrong. I guess it really doesn't matter what the average fan thinks. I hate that this is the relative norm in America...moreless

the dudes at fox suck

By guerreroawsome, Sep 02, 2012

human target was the awsomest show ever and it's all fox's fault that it lost viewers and got cancelled, if they hadn't moved it around so much we would still be able to watch the best show ever.

this show is simply brilliant because

1. you don't to spend most of the episodes watching someone fkn cry

2. Guerrero is the awesomest person ever (counting both fictional and real people)

3. it's the only episode where i don't know from the beginning what's going to happen

4. they were still awesome even whit the annoying aims and not werry grate ilsa (usually when there are annoying charterers the show becomes annoying but this one didn't)

I'll admit that the episodes could have been better without aims and ilsa but they are still not the reason the episodes were cancelledmoreless

Human Target

By LindaIgnasiak, Aug 25, 2012

Was my favorite show. Quit cancelling the Good Ones!!

Load More Reviews