I Married Joan

Show Reviews (3)

Great

This show has similarities to I Love Lucy, yes, but I think Joan is a character all her own and her husband played by Jim Backus was definitely different from Ricky.

By Xander72, Jul 23, 2006

I just saw an episode of this show late last night on the PAX network and I instantly fell in love with it :) While yes I am one of the world\'s biggest I Love Lucy fans, I felt like Joan had her own unique take on her mishaps and was definitely different than Lucy. I mean this show did last for 3 seasons, if it were a Lucy carbon copy, it wouldn\'t have lasted a season. This was also the first time I had seen Jim Backus (a much younger version!) other than Gilligan\'s Island! I highly recommend this show to anyone who enjoys classic 50s sitcoms (I\'m 34 years old by the way but I LOVE them! :) ) I loved it :)moreless

Lucy, you can't be in the show! But Joan Davis can rip you off in one of her own!

By jaynashvil, Dec 12, 2005

Even in the earliest years of television, it didn't take long for unoriginal programmers to do a knock-off of a hit show. NBC waited a whole season to slap together this obvious rip-off of 'I Love Lucy'. Even the name of the series is practically a duplicate. But with no Lucille Ball or Desi Arnaz, they ended up with a zany, wacky, and lame mess.