iCarly

Good
7.7

The Bronze-Modern Era of Dan Schneider

By SodaDog, Apr 16, 2015

While Drake & Josh and Zoey 101 ended on a positive note, then came iCarly which had the little sister from Drake & Josh playing as the main character.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I thought the first season was great, having memorable plots that were actually laughable. I actually liked the idea of the gang getting their own television adaption and trying to cope with the changes. I give this a 8.5 for Season One.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Season Two was ups and downs. It housed one of the worst episodes of the series known as "iMeetFred". While there was that, there was still "iTakeOnDingo", which is still one of my favourite television episodes. This one gets a 5.5 from me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Season Three was the end of the line of the Bronze Era. It had one of the best episodes known as "iPsycho" and it was a step up from Season Two, but not as good as the first season. It deserves a 7.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Season Four had a change of sense and style which started with a room makeover. This season was shorter than usual and had a fair share of hit (iGetPranky) or miss (iPitytheNevel) episodes. As the modern era was starting, it was still on the same rating as Season Two. This one is a 6.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Season Five was when things started to get romantic. It begun with the four-parter lifting off from "iOMG" which started to spark debates over couples. Aside from that, it was still on the same line on Season Four, but it's an improvement. This one is a 6.5

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Season Six was when the show was beginning to show their age. The actors are all grown up and things just don't feel the same anymore. Aside from that, it was the shortest iCarly season, having more hit than miss episodes. This one is 7.5

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Season Seven was the final season of this show. The jokes and plots were getting stale due to the modern Era of Dan Schneider. It felt like the plots were beginning to feel cut off. It starts with "iShockAmerica" (called iShockTheWorld where I live) with Gibby embarassing himself on live television. I thought that special was mediocre and rushed, but better than iGoToJapan. iGoodbye was one of best finales I have ever seen. It really enticed me that this was one of the longest-running Nick sitcoms with other 100 episodes. The rest of this season was the usual Hit & Miss job giving this a 7.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I don't know why this show gets a lot of hate, but i really like it. Sure, it's a girl show but I'm a guy and I like it. The overall premise of this show is interesting as it gets. It was one of the last good shows Dan produced, Season 1-3 to be honest.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Overall Score: 7moreless

Awesome

By superhero678, Apr 10, 2015

Overall, iCarly is a really great show. It's hilarious and entertaining. I found almost every episode of every season in the show to be an enjoyable experience. They were all just so fun to watch because the plots were so well written. Almost none of the episodes ever end in a cliffhanger. They either end just the way we would want them to, or they end in a different way than what we would expect. If it ends the second way, it can either be satisfying or disappointing depending on what happens. Every episode had an interesting story. All the episodes were good, but I found the later ones to grow stronger in potential and appeal factor than the earlier ones tended to be. When you compare the early ones to the later ones, the early ones sucked. I'm not saying they really do suck. I'm saying they suck COMPARED to the later ones. Each episode consists of a web show and a plot. The web shows are just stupid, pointless, silly, and weird, but I still like them in a way whether they're funny or not. And the plots are just awesome and keep me coming back for more every time. This claims to be a kids show but adults may like it just as much too and there's nothing wrong with that. This and Victorious are my favorite shows on Nickelodeon. This show often seems to be centered around a problem or something bad happening such as with characters like Nevel, Chuck, and Nora, who everyone hates, but in a good way to make it fun and amusing. That's very ironic. The only thing I don't like is Sam bullying and abusing Freddie both verbally and physically and he doesn't even have the guts to stand up for himself. It's not funny. It's just mean, cruel, obnoxious, and immature and can send kids the wrong message. But then in season 3 she started being nicer to him but was still a little mean and abusive, but by season 4 and until the very end of the show, she pretty much became nice and respectful to Freddie just like Carly and was never mean or abusive to him anymore and I was very happy to see a good change in the way she treated him and a strong bond between their friendship then. We saw a strong maturing development in her character's attitude towards him. Overall an awesome show. I wish it had gone 1 or 2 more seasons because it was getting better. Don't know why season 5 still hasn't come out on DVD yet and am pissed about it. It's the last one. End of review.

moreless

To AlexMan586

By monster_boy1, Feb 24, 2015

iCarly is not a "reality" show.

A clever show

By rayzm, Nov 10, 2014

made its own identity as a show..

re runs never gets old, SPENCER made the show so fun to watch

LOL, more like iCrappy.

By AlexMan586, Oct 15, 2014

Nickelodeon, I wish you never aired stupid reality shows.

fantastic but sadly it ended

By saraaad, Sep 26, 2014

i was bored at home so i started to turn on the tv and then i watched this show for the first, and i was like this show is fantastic! :} but sadly it

It was okay...

By bautistakenrick856, Sep 23, 2014

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the show, it's funny, but I kinda agree with some of the people who dislike the series. (Many blame the series for the Nickelodeon change) Now I don't mean to sound critical, but what made me feel a little gray is that current or future TV writers would be negatively influenced by the simplistic quality of writing and/or plot style in TV shows, like iCarly, Hannah Montana and The Big Bang Theory (in my opinion).moreless

why the mid 2000's to to the 2010's don't mean nothing to me.

By todd_philips, Sep 01, 2014

This show sucked since the very first episode,it was what started the down fall of nickelodeon and it was five years of torture,i did nothing to deserve that totrute from that terrible show,Miranda Cosgrove will NEVER be as great as AMANDA BYNES and i mean NEVER because AMANDA BYNES set the bar and ladder way to high for anybody to climb or reach,2007 to 2012 so glad that Icarly is OVER.

GIBBEHHH

By CartoonWizard123, Aug 20, 2014

*10 second laugh track*

It looked like a good idea, but it got terribly executed.

By Oldnickolodeon34, Aug 16, 2014

iCarly is one of those shows that may have sounded promising with its clever premise, but it got awfully executed on television. The show is about a teenager named Carly Shay who produces a webshow called iCarly were they do the most random stuff onscreen. in her apartment building, She lives with her older brother, Spencer, and has friends like Sam and Gibbie. The premise is creative, and most shows that had good premises were usually executed awfully, and iCarly is no exception. The first season of the show was pretty good. There was some pretty funny moments, it had the right amount of randomness, and it had something going for it. But after the episode iMeet Fred aired, the show just turned into a mean spirited and cruel pile of junk.

The characters are too mean sprited and cruel hearted, and are barely likeable. Carly is a whiny spoiled brat who complains about everything and it's so obnoxious. Sam is quite possibly the meanest protagonist ever portrayed in a show. She is always so rude to Freddie for no reason, and even goes as far as hitting him with objects like a tennis bat, makes jokes about hobos (seriously what's so funny about them?), and pushes every aside like they mean nothing to her. Freddie was the only one who could be likeable at times, I envied him anytime he was being hurt by Sam. The acting is just abysmal, if that's the nicest word for the acting. All of the characters either underreact or overreact themselves a lot. The humor is pretty much just juvenile humor that feels too inappropriate or gross, and a lot of it is about hobos or something about fried chicken. Again, what's so funny about hobos? Mocking the poor is just cruel. In terms of inappropriate and gross humor, in one episode they refered to boobs 3 times, which is pretty inappropriate for a kids show, and an example of gross humor would be in one episode a kid named Jermy (who is called Germy due to his constant sneezing) sneezed on the camera and we got to see a close up of his snot which really wasn't necessary.

The random use of humour in the first season felt pretty funny, but now its unnecessary and goes overboard with randomness to the point were it's not funny anymore.

The morals are just awful and no children should learn these type of morals. The episode iMeet Fred insists that it's not ok to have a different opinion, super good moral indeed NOT. That has got to be one of the messed up morals ever in a TV Series. No offense to iCarly fans, but after Season 1, the show became unwatchable and mean sprited. The morals are terrible and untruthful, the humor feels too juvenile, the characters are cruel hearted and unlikable, and the acting is atrocious.moreless

Load More Reviews