Invincible Iron Man

Show Reviews (4)

Good

Based on the Marvel's comics of the hero Iron Man and his adventures.

By oxana, Jan 06, 2012

Probably my first - and the last - cartoon I've watched from this era.

I am yet to get into reading the Iron Man comics, but when I watched the cartoon episodes, I could see how those could have been taken directly from a comic.

If we skip the rather faltering animation (hey, this is a 1966 show we're talking about, and they did things differently back then), we get into what the show is like.

The storytelling is trippy at best. It jumps from one thing to another, explains rather than shows (again, this might be a quirk of the shows of that era). Knowing what kind of stories the writers of Marvel com-ics are able to sketch, it is almost a shame to see them killed this way.

There is no character depth, and each episode seems very hurried.

All in all, this show was a rather amusing thing to watch a horrid comical relief to a modern age's child.moreless

Nostalgia, I hope to see a good animated Iron-man as good as this in sometime

By RR4RogueRaven, Jan 31, 2006

In this time with the complete 60's series of spider-man and Hulk episodes i the DVD maybe noone remembers of Iron-man, a masterpiece for its age, and a darker story, with a song so representative and plots simples but interesants it's fun to see the cartoon and feel a lil of that Cold War fear in the air, because man this was a very politic show if you can see it deeply, I'm just looking forward for the DVD, one DVD I must have.moreless

Classic is often another word for "outdated" as in this case. Yet, that doesn't mean this is a bad show. While the animation and sound quality really show its age, the show is so true to the dark nature of the comic book that it scores major points.

By Canadinbcn, Aug 06, 2005

Classic is often another word for "outdated" as in this case. Yet, that doesn't mean this is a bad show. While the animation and sound quality really show its age, the show is so true to the dark nature of the comic book that it scores major points with all nerds geeks and fans like myself. The storylines are great and deal not only with Iron Man, but the emotional life of the man behind the mask, Tony Stark. Thus, when deciding if this show is for you you must weigh the great stories and trueness to the comics against the awful and outdated animation style of the 60's.

My final review: By no means a work of art, but it is something definately worth watching if you can stomach the aged style (especially for comic book fans).moreless