Watch Four Minutes of Jane the Virgin Because What Else Are You Going to Do? (VIDEO)

By Tim Surette

May 29, 2014

"I accidentally inseminated you two weeks ago," says a terrible doctor, and that's how Jane the Virgin becomes Jane the Artificially Inseminated. It might be the best line of dialogue American television will ever hear, and it's coming to small screens across the country this fall via The CW's absolutely ludicrous upcoming series Jane the Virgin.

The network has finally released more than a just snippet of the new dramedy, which is based on a South American telenovela, and in the four-minute trailer below you'll see that Jane the Virgin actually has some good intentions buried somewhere beneath the fact that it's about a virgin who gets pregnant when a distracted doctor confuses two of her patients and for some reason doesn't realize her mistake until it's too late and OH COME ON!  

This is not a joke. I am watching it. Seriously.

Jane the Virgin doesn't have a premiere date yet, but it will air on Mondays at 9pm this fall, right after The Originals

Fall TV Preview:
New Shows, Network Schedules, Trailers, and More

• Comments (34)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • 2wksnotice May 30, 2014

If you actually stop and think about a lot of the plot points in the trailer, this is seriously disturbing.

• neokid0298 May 30, 2014

That trailer was hilarious.

That doctor should be brought up on charges by the end of the pilot.

But it is a CW show. hahaha

• daxel May 29, 2014

If I remember correctly, on the telenovela that this show is based, the father of the child didn't reveal he is the father of Juana's child till half of the story, that's something different they are doing. The trailer wasn't bad even had funny parts but I'm not expect this show to go more than one season.

• JT_Kirk May 29, 2014

No you're not Tim, don't even lie... wait, you get paid to watch TV. SON OF A BITCH, WHAT A SCAM!

• Muderboy May 29, 2014

I know, right? But you know what? He doesn't really like me, but I still listen to him a lot, because he's pretty good at this scam-- which falls under the heading; nice work if you can get it. I suppose I shouldn't say he doesn't like me, because that would be assuming facts not in evidence, so let's just say he probably doesn't dislike me, he just doesn't care, and leave it at that. So, Tim, I'm giving it a go, whether you like it or not, because you said so, and that's good enough for me...

• FoxZerro May 29, 2014

Tim, you son of a bitch... I will be watching as well, but watching this video put me in the most precarious of work place situations crying at my computer. Crying might be over stating it, I had tears in eyes though.

I'm just so interested: Who is that guy? Why is this his only chance of having a child? Is that mermaid tail in anyway responsible for her needing the pap smear, and if so shouldn't she also be considering suing her workplace? These are the questions I need answered.

Also screw her almost fiance, boyfriend of two years. It's not like she had some drunken fling and got knocked up, it is the hospitals fault and if he can't get that then my gal Jane is better off without his ass.

• mad-pac May 29, 2014

Hey, I have a brilliant and original idea for a Jane the Virgin episode. Jane's incompetent doctor tells her she has only two weeks to live. Then Jane starts doing all the crazy things she ever wanted to do. In the end, Hilarity ensues. Finally the doctor tells her she made a mistake and mixed up the results with another patient's. Now Jane has to live with the consequences with her crazy acts. Well, since this show seems to be a bout silly implausibility, this should fit right in.

• LauraPortaRoy May 29, 2014

"And that, kids, is how I met your mother."
    Soooo much better.

• stanking May 29, 2014

YES! THAT is how it should have ended!

• tobsh May 29, 2014

Gotta admit, at first I thought this was one of Tim's "FTW vs WTF" sort of introductions full of crap. Was disappointed when it turned out he was not in fact kidding.

• Taccado May 29, 2014

This feels like an ABC Family show made for Lifetime.

• traylaparc May 29, 2014

no no no no NO, not on any tv i am sat in front of. Although i want some of whatever the guys that allowed this to actually last past the pitching stage :/

• See More Comments (13)