Jeremiah

Show Reviews (17)

Great

Mediocre show with an interesting premise and plot that progresses nicely but flat characters, sub-par actors, and a melodramatic script that delivers endless monologues made it grow a little stale.

By glasgowr, Nov 06, 2011

I watched every episode of this series mostly because the plot and story kept me interested. Unfortunately, beyond that there's not much to praise here and is overall pretty mediocre. The main characters are relatively uninteresting and 1 dimensional, partly because of the acting but mostly because the script just didn't allow the characters any personality. There were some other aspects of the show that grew a bit stale over time as well. What started as inspirational dialogue after a couple episodes grew to be long preachy monologues in every single episode. Too many times the main characters were saved because side characters decided at the last minute to "do the right thing" and suddenly flip-flop their character's moral stance for the cause. Here is where personal preference comes heavily into play here. This show is very much a show about good triumphing over evil -- black and white, the path is always clear; in a show with this gritty and dark of a story there needs to be some gray area. We need to see some hard decisions being made, some more character flaws, and some points in the story that the "right" decision isn't really clear. The current result is that the story -- especially the single-episode stories -- becomes very contrived and formulaic after a while.

Bottom line: It's an entertaining watch if you have time, but don't set aside time for it. Some may consider it inspiring, while others (like myself) consider it cheesy and preachy much of the time.moreless

Fifteen years after a virus wiped out everyone who had passed puberty, the survivors are living on the scraps of the old world. Now they must either continue the downward slide, or begin to rebuild the world, taking responsibility for their lives.

By KAF17, Aug 12, 2010

It was a great series and I was sad to see it go but I think it was time for this series to end. To anyone who into science fiction series then this might be your show because it also have action and drama all mixed in this series. I'm very happy I was old enough to see and understand this series when it was showing new episodes. But it not a complete last because now the series is now airing the series on Sci-Fi Channel every so often. To Showtime, the network I believe created and aired this series, keep up with the good work.moreless

This is the best show I have ever seen, hands down, Heroes and Smallville even Prison Break and CIS aren't even close to this show, this show is just the best it's one of the shows that makes you actually feel what the characters are and inspires you.

By stalemate666, Nov 23, 2008

This is the best show that has ever been made, they manage to pack so much into an episode and yet your never lost, this show is about the characters, the people but it's not too dramatic it's down to earth and it isn't inhibited by censors. This show shows the struggles the characters go through when trying to rebuild the world, the pain they endure and the bastards they have to kill to do it, and not everyone makes it but they still keep going, they know if they don't succeed someone who won't allow freedom will.

I'll leave you will a quote from the ending (SPOILER)

"I say we go over and talk to them

What if they shoot at us?

Then we shoot back, there's always time for bullets my man"moreless

By danharr, Oct 24, 2008

Great show based on a great comic book and even though it parted greatly from the original work. With a wonderful apocalyptic storyline and a welcome back to tv for some of the eighties and nineties biggest stars. The wonderful premise of a world made to start over with a new generation was very intriguing. As a purposefully dichotomy we see the young taking up arms and abusing the weak just like their parents. We see children thrown into hell become parents themselves so many young parents was a jarring site. Seeing the old who survived the big death manipulate the world as they had done before was great. It showed how no matter how much things change they stay the same.

It was a real kick looking back and seeing some of scifi's now stars when they were little unknowns. One can't mention the show without wonderful performances from Malcolm Jamal Warner, Luke Perry, and Sean Austin. The show did end early but I think ending with the war potentially over was a good move. The show gave us a goal and a common enemy to defeat and ended it once that finish line had been crossed and left us with good memories of a good show.moreless

The best show I've ever seen, everything about it is great, the perfect amount of drama, humor and action and unlike a lot of shows, this one doesn't waste anytime on unimportant stuff if you haven't seen this show go on eBay and by it, it's a must see.

By doomedsoul89, Aug 03, 2008

The best show I've ever seen, this show is just great, everything about it, there the perfect amount of drama, humor and action and unlike alot of shows, this one doesn't waste anytime, they can fit three times more in one episode then most other shows like this and it doesn't censor anything like a lot of shows do which takes away from them. The ending was even better tieing up all the loose ends but still asking questions and giving you insight into characters at the last moment, and this is the only show i have ever seen to use God decently, Mr. Smith was one of my favorite characters, with his great philosophy and his burden of being God's messenger,if you haven't seen this show go on eBay and by it, it's a must see.moreless

What a truly inspired and visionary concept! An incredible, before its time genre mutation. Sit down and take the journey.

By ObelixDeGaul, Sep 20, 2007

What a truly inspired and visionary concept! I was entranced by this series which pushed the boundaries of an already established genre, with well conceived and intelligently drawn characters whose development, throughout the series was exceptional. The story is a unique concept in sci-fi/fantasy, which as a genre, usually has very vague boundaries. The story showed a very real and chilling vision of a possible future for humanity. Thought provoking entertainment for all. For the avid post apocalyptic sci-fi fan this is must see viewing; an exploration of moral and cultural values in a society where children must re-discover what it means to be human. If you watch this series you will not be disappointed.moreless

Good Show, Shoulda continued.

By soonerlo, Jul 22, 2007

I really liked this show. I think that they did a really good job in the casting department. Luke Perry, Malcom Jamal Warner, Sean Astin, just to name a few. The show in season one had more of the apocolyptic feel to it than in season two. I could have done with out the sex scenes, but I guest its the network. I really liked the partnership that jeremiah and curdy had and was really glad that it didn't completely go away. The stories for the most part were original and the acting was usually good. I think that the show would have really gotten some feet had it been granted a third season.moreless

Great story.

By snormore, Dec 29, 2006

Jeremiah is a personal favorite of mine. It has one of the best stories I have seen, truly unique. They do a good job at developing the story throughout the life of the show. There are a few parts where your watching and thinking, "What is this, why would they put this in the show?". But I mean that is to be expected.

As for the rest of the show, as opposed to the story, it isn't great, I mean it's hard to tell if it's bad acting or the scripts just weren't that well written (I suspect the latter), but the story behind the show makes up for it for me.

A must see for anybody that truly appreciates a unique and unconventional story.moreless

If you are an avid fan of Luke Perry and can not get enough of his sole facial expression, as seen TV (in 90210), this show is for you. It is the "Luke Perry is so cool show"!

By DavidSWE, Dec 07, 2006

For some reason, actors sometime get put in different categories that they seem unable to get out of. This can be due to scriptwriters without imagination or that they simply are incapable of acting in any different manner than what they've done so far.

This is the case with Luke Perry. He has no real talent for acting, since acting is, much like what is implied by the word itself, the art of ACTING like someone else in different moods or what have you. Luke Perry can do neither, he can only do one single act and that is very likely his own. His rise to fame (in 90210) was carried by good looks and probably a fair amount of dumb luck.

Jeremiah as a TV-series is a joke. The total lack of wit and narrative makes it into a painful experience. One cannot but wonder how on earth this show prevailed into a second season, or even got picked up at all considering the pilot was as poor a performance as the rest of the show. One reason is surely that it must've been real cheap to produce. Luke Perry himself is producing it to no one's surprise and the other main actor is former Cosby show star, Malcom Jamal-Warner whose lackluster performance can not only be blamed on the absence of any sort of script, but also to the fact that he's simply not much of an actor either. It is a perfect match for this show. There had to be a black guy in the show somewhere. The surroundings are always in dense thick forest when it's raining, sounds like any place you know? Yes, you're right! It's the new Hollywood where X-files and many movies where filmed: British Columbia in Canada. The forest is a pretty cheap setting since you usually don't have to pay trees for their participation. As opposed to other shows, Jeremiah rarely goes indoors where they'd need actual settings, they usually stay out doors in the same forest all the time.

The lack of script is no one but the scriptwriters’ fault, if there are any writers at all that is. One is inclined to agree with Mr. Burns from The Simpsons, when he commented that the script he just read would have been better if he had let a room full of monkeys write it. Such grand parades of obvious plots are thankfully quite rare. There is never or extremely seldom, a moment of doubt on what will transpire in one episode. One can clearly see the road ahead just after a few minutes of watching.

Bury this dead show along with its creators and actors, let them never again walk and soil this planet.moreless

Load More Reviews