Oversight

Episode Reviews (27)

Superb

One of the best Jericho episodes to date!

By Jeric-Ho, Aug 06, 2010

Oversight was an amazing addition what is becoming an awesome 2nd season of Jericho! if we do not see a 3rd season after this 7 episode season there is definatly something terribly wrong with CBS!, Season 2 already in my opinion after 5 episodes is better than the whole os season 1 in my opinion! the amount of story, plot twists, character development and action they have squeezed into 5 episodes in amazing in itself!

I was very sad to see Bonnie die! Stanley will no doubt get his revenge sometime in the next few episodes of the season! as Goetz deserves to die! wether it will be Jake, Stanley or someone else who will kill him i dont know, but my bets are on Stanley as he killed his ster and shot Mimi!

Hawkins is getting more interesting by the episode! he seems to share alot of stuff with Jake, but at the same time keep a hell of a lot to himself! looking forward to the next episode! should be awesome as usual! fingers crossed for a seaosn 3 also!moreless

Maybe one of the best episodes of this serie..

By Parricida, Aug 06, 2010

This was... amazing.. and even if I recorded it on the time it was aired, I watched it today.. weeks later and I feel like stupid - it was so great episode. Shocker in all the way - all the excitement - the things going on with Hawkins and his little burning down the house and leaving the hard drive. And all those moments when it looked - it's over - Dale's arrest, Hawkins in the sheriff's office, Heather there... oh, the count can go on.

So many things just happened there and the ending - oh.. I cried.. so badly. It was so cruel. But they proved their point - clearly.moreless

great episode

By sfviewer, Aug 06, 2010

Hawkins receives a call from someone who claims he knows who he is and that he is in some trouble. He needs to do what he tells him to do for the time being to prevent himself from getting caught by an air force plane searching for the nuclear bomb that he is keeping at his house. Mimi voices her concerns about an apparent embezzlement taking place inside jennings and rall. This puts her life in danger when Goetz try to get his hands on those records. This is a really exciting episode, the writers surely came up with a cool episode. i can't wait for the next one.moreless

A genuine shocker in more ways than one, and easily one of the best episodes of the series.

By whiteraven2005, Mar 18, 2008

I've been impressed with this series since the beginning and any concerns I may have had before watching season 2 have vanished (like how to keep the plot going without losing the main themes, especially with the introduction of the new government). Though there has been downsizing (like Gail leaving; characters making erratic appearances, sometimes missing for entire episodes), the writers are making a concerted effort to maintain quality and are doing so in weekly shocks and unexpected plot twists. Now if the ratings would just increase...

We have confirmation that Dale is not sticking to the letter of the law which just got sticky since Goetz/J&R's new rule about registering and inspections. Stanley, appeased by getting his farm back (which frankly was more Mimi than J&R) is unwilling to help – which isn't like him. Usually he's beside Jake every step of the way. Problem is, things are getting close to 'normal' and people are naturally settling back into their routines, unwilling to make waves. But there are those who don't accept the new order (which is nothing less than a dictatorship disguised as democracy) and if they're going to do something about Cheyenne, they have to do it soon – they're becoming too powerful.

The new government has done the obvious thing – issued a new currency so we're back to paper money. Personally I think it's way too soon for that, the country's still in chaos and people (especially in outlying areas) have far more use for a barter system than a paper money system, you can't eat or farm with paper.

Hawkins' new 'friend' is already feeding information and has highlighted the next threat: a scan of the area which will reveal the bomb. How Valente justified it, no-one knows but he's obviously using every resource at his disposal to find the bomb. I thought the military presence was supposed to be temporary?! Why is Beck settling into *Jake's* office and installing fingerprint scanners?! "You now hold the distinction of being the first Jericho sheriff in history who doesn't have a key to the sheriff's office." And why is Heather on the list?! Seems she's his new assistant and is taking her job as liaison very seriously. She's doing a good job. Sounds like New Bern's residents are chafing at their strict master's collar. But then again, so is Jericho.

Since Heather is the only way into Beck's office, it becomes necessary to tell her about the conspiracy – the last person who heard this was dead an hour later but they deliberately leave out the bomb (she's smart, what else would a radiation survey be looking for?!). Sarah is the obvious bait for Hawkins to use, Beck is in enough trouble with his bosses that he'd have to follow up the lead, but Hawkins risks burning Beck as an ally. As for Heather, could she *act* more guilty? Beck is so trusting, I feel bad that they're lying to him. Is the burnt cabin the same one where Hawkins and Sarah found the dead guy? Very clever – everything Hawkins did and said after Sarah died is being attributed to her! Right down to the satellite images. It's brilliant! A way of exposing the conspiracy (and Valente) to Beck without endangering himself! Problem is – Beck's too smart, it's all too perfect, all the evidence he could want wrapped up in a big bow.

Fred – who was actually at the meeting! – turns Dale into Goetz and there was something distinctly unpleasant about Goetz's expression. He sends Dale to jail! Now this could be a demonstration of Ravenwood or even J&R's power – bypassing the local police and using the military police for their dirty work. J&R really is above the law. This is the first time Jake's used the sheriff's car and his badge – very cool. Beck countermanded Goetz's orders – there'll be hell to pay, both from Goetz personally and J&R. "This government, or should I say, this company…" - never a truer word spoken! We finally find out what the mysterious Operation Boxcar is – a plan to destroy evidence about the true source of the September attacks. Far worse than that – a disaster contingency plan designed by J&R which was the basis for the September attacks!! And our mysterious source: designed the plan for J&R! The main question left is: why? There's not a clear motive.

Another person who's taking her job seriously is Mimi and already she's found a problem: $10,000 of the new money is missing. Did someone think it wouldn't be noticed from the first shipment? First impressions: Goetz was way too calm and my instinct tells me he was faking surprise – it's gotta be him. Stealing it is stupid and strikes me as an impulse, 'right place, right time' kind of thing. He just practically threatened Mimi and she knows it. She then accidentally gets Bonnie involved. Notice how carefully Goetz speaks, as if making absolutely sure Bonnie understands him? Oh man, that was stupid! Why did Bonnie run?! It's admitting Mimi's in the house, admitting she lied to Goetz! For a smart girl, the stupidity continues – she gets the shotgun and opens fire on Ravenwood! We know how they operate and it's obvious how this is going to end. Stanley comes home to his worst nightmare – Bonnie dead, Mimi dying. The muted sound was inspired, telling the scene from Bonnie's point of view. For the character and her history, it implies that Bonnie isn't totally deaf. Well written, nerve-wrackingly acted and filmed. The writers are getting into a habit of killing off some of my favourite characters.

My only real concern is that I'm getting the impression the writers are trying so hard to ensure the series survival by driving the storyline that they're sacrificing the delicate character work they did so well in season 1 – look at the lack of interaction in important relationships: Jake and Emily, Jake and Eric, Jake and Stanley, they're barely speaking! All those sweet little moments between the characters have mostly disappeared. The relationship I'm most concerned about is Jake and Eric – the writers had developed a strong bond between the two that the writers are no longer acknowledging. Without those personal touches, it makes it hard to care for the characters. It worries me but I hope this is temporary and the writers will realise and fix the problem.

A powerful, tragic episode which raises the stakes for everyone involved. Heartbreaking.moreless

I never saw this one coming!

By sosoCraig, Mar 17, 2008

Jericho this season has been starting out slow and ending with a wallop of power and this episode is no exception. The first three quarters of the show was building up more of the general story arc, Hawkins, Heather, Jake etc. The last few minutes was something else entirely. Goetz is something else! I was losing it at my TV while watching the final moments.

Stanley and Mimi's story arc took on a life of it's own as Bonnie was shot and killed, defiantly fighting of Ravenwood and that devilish Goetz pulling the final shot. This show should have no problems being renewed!moreless

Bonnie is the real hero

By PabloExobar, Mar 12, 2008

If I was to break down this episode into two parts, I'd say the first part is the first 35 minutes, and the second one is the last 5. The first part was a decent episode of Jericho. Somewhat slow(I mean we're kind of at the end of the show's lifespan, I expect better pacing) but still it was suspensful. I liked how Jake and Hawkins got Heather involved in the whole conspiracy plot. Dale's storyline on the other hand was a bit uninteresting, as I really dislike Dale. I think he's a spoiled brat to be completetly honest.

As for the last 5 minutes - perfection. After Mimi finds that Ravenwood is stealing money from J&R, they come to get and possibly kill her. Only to cross paths with Bonnie. I didn't find it over the top nor laughable how a deaf girl defeated several Ravenwood members, only to get shot in the very last moment by that sob Goetz. A really dramatic, well written, acted and directed scene that is probably the best scene of the show yet. You have to see it to believe it. Overall, I'"d leave it at that. Great, but really it's the last 5 minutes that makes this episode what it is.moreless

No one is safe in the Jericho world, whether it be the dumb, DEAF, or blind.

*Spoilerific Review*

By MistaC87, Mar 12, 2008

None of you would be out of line if you thought that killing off Bonnie was a sort of "Jump The Shark" kind of thing. But the way it plays out is well done, in a blaze of glory, that may very well be the beginning to the revolution. On the other hand we got Mimi's life hanging in the balance, Stanley is pissed, Jake's even angrier, Hawkins is scared, and yet, Gray Anderson is no-where to be found! One thing is for sure...Goetz needs a bullet in the head like white on rice. I first questioned Goetz dedication to the government if he really knew what they were...but in the honest truth...he's just hell-bent on power and domination just like the new government. Let's hope the government gets it as well as Goetz.moreless

That was intense! One of the most dramatic episodes I've seen.

By marvinhood, Mar 11, 2008

I still can't believe Bonnie is dead. I found myself weeping and sobbing so hard after that episode. Literally my jaw dropped when those ravenwood men started shooting and how Bonnie started defending herself and Mimi. I thought it was a great touch the way it was played, with the sound almost in mute as in the way Bonnie would've 'listened' and the uncertanty of not hearing and not knowing where and when those people were going to come out. And the end... OMG! tearjerker!! The song was a perfect fit too, I love that song and though it is a very sad and touching melody and lyrics anyways, the way it was played with those images of Jake coming to the house and discovering Stanley lying on the floor with Bonnie... uufda!!!moreless

god that was sad

By littleditylum, Mar 10, 2008

i am so so so sad for bonnie. i cried so had. I'm so happy to know that she was super hardcore though. going out with a rifle half your size against 5ish men with heavy artillary is extremely risky but she was so brave. she was doing it for mimi who she really didn't like in the beginning and that is so so cool. I watched the episode again with the commentary and they were saying how great shoshannah was and how she was greatful to get to act like she did in that episode. like she was greatful for the oppurtunity. i'm upset that she died (she was my favorite) but it was a great episode. i hope mimi will be okmoreless

If I could give this episode an 11, I would.

Very powerful and the acting was exceptional.

By annpo, Mar 09, 2008

**warning – spoilers ahead**

This episode started off much like all the others, but about 15 or 20 minutes in, it began to hum. By the time it finished it sizzled.

There were a few nerve-wracking moments; when Heather was caught out in Beck's office; when Beck challenged Hawkins on his convenient intel; and of course the biggest 'moment'- the last 5 minutes of the ep.

Of course I think we all knew something was going to happen when Goetz asked Mimi for her ledger. But never in my wildest dreams did I expect we'd lose a character. Only time will tell if Bonnie's death can be used to leverage Goetz out of Jericho.

It's hard to believe CBS are hedging about ordering more episodes. This has been an exceptional series ever since it started, and season 2 so far hasn't disappointed. Maybe the producers could find a better home for the show if CBS wimp out.moreless

Load More Reviews