Reconstruction

Episode Reviews (20)

Superb

great episode

By sfviewer, Mar 30, 2008

the US army arrive at jericho and forces both new bern and jericho to stop fighting. those who are caught fighting are arrested. but the animosity between the the two towns doesn't stop, revenge attacks are constantly happening between the two towns. Hawkins find another former colleague disguised as an army soldier. This is a really cool episode, the writers continued the flow of the story. it's got the same feel and pacing. the arrival of the army adds a new element to the story. it's really exciting, i can't wait for the next episode. the writers really did a good job with this episode.moreless

Concludes the New Bern war quickly but it doesn't waste any time, episode is executed it perfectly

By MistaC87, Mar 12, 2008

When a series is canceled like this, it's nothing short of tragedy. When fans brought it back, it was a miracle, but not a real miracle until the first episode airs that actually exceeds already very high expectations. I was a bit overwhelmed on how fast some of the events are moving, but the stakes are high and tensions are high, and the suspense is becoming even more intense than an episode of 24. However, what I found a little problematic is that Jake was acting a little too childish with getting revenge against Constantino. Luckily, the problem is out of play quickly. If these new episodes get better, and Jericho gets canceled again, then there is no god.moreless

Great start to beginning of Season Two...!

By Bobcreterules, Mar 08, 2008

Reconstruction was a decent episode, it wasn't one of the best but it had to explain many things in a time period of one hour, a doable but hard task. For the most part, the beginning was decent (it didn't really explain much about the war and I felt empty in my stomach where I thought the "battle" would be). You could say that most Jericho fans got ripped off because of the "battle" in very little detail, but I think that the way they told the story was a good enough excuse for pretty much dismissing the cliff hanger. At the end of this episode, the adrenaline began pumping and it made me want to watch episode 2.moreless

Excellent start to the renewed series!

By elahoda, Mar 01, 2008

I had been patiently waiting for so many months when I heard the show was going to be renewed. When the time came I had my PVR ready to tape but I didnt' get around to it for 3 weeks. But it was worth the wait.

Watching Jericho struggle to stay afloat for a whole season made for very interesting drama, as a 'what-if' scenario for the United States. Now that the government is sort of back on track, things are still up in the air for everyone.

And now there is a lot of animosity between these two towns. When everything settles down I am sure that all the bad blood won't go away, which should make for some really good drama down the road.

Robert and his 'friends' don't want the current government to take over the country since it's most likely they are behind the attacks. And we learn that they leveled 2 countries that they blamed for the attacks so that they couldn't prove that it wasn't them.

Skeet's acting is superb. He did a great job of the grieving son. And he definitely makes a good choice for sheriff. He might not be that experienced but he had seen combat and had been instrumental in organizing the Rangers to help defend the town.

I am really looking forward to getting to the other episodes on my PVR today!.moreless

The power of the fans was rewarded with this wonderful show returning with a solid episode!

By sosoCraig, Feb 26, 2008

It was great writing, great direction and great acting that brought back this once dead series and I, for one am totally happy for it! But Jericho fans are like no other and CBS learned quickly not to mess with them! Things happen rather quickly in this episode. The war with New Bern is halted with the arrival of Beck who asks Jake to become Sherrif of Jericho. Jake is bent on revenge, however and turns down Beck. Finally he accepts. The Hawkins storyline continues with the revelation that he still has a bomb. Now is the time to worry that the cat will get out of the bag about it.

Stanley thinks his IRS worries are over but he's in for a surprise. Thank God for CBS renewing this great show!moreless

The war is over

Lets see who wins the peace

By ootsdemons, Feb 24, 2008

The army has forcibly stopped the battle of jericho and hawkins has stopped the train full of reinforcements .The army sits constantino down with jake.The hatred is clear .Jakes looks around the room to where his father died hours before and constantino tells the military lies about his attack on jericho.

The major promises an investigation and release the two of them.

Unfortunately it aint over.While on the main street jake stops a man with a gun from committing murder.He is a new berner out for revenge.Its seems the military has stopped many people from both sides from commiting revenge attacks.Anyone who does not surrender is shot.

Stanley makes a deal with the reconstruction people to donate part of his crop in return for forgiving his tax debts.He is over the moon until mimi tells him he is being ripped off and asks him to marry her?

Jake is still intent on revenge and summons the rangers to formulate a plan to take out constantino.Hawkins objects saying it would be smarter to wait a few months and then kill the former sheriff in his sleep.

Jake is called before major beck and offered the post as jerichos sheriff.He later learns the rangers are going to new bern without him he rides out to stop them and gets thier just before major beck and his men.Jake tells an obvious lie to explain thier presence and the major tells jake he has just saved his brother life.He accepts the role of sheriff.And then hawkins meets an old friend...

Great to have the show back.

The blind fury at the start of the episode is brilliant and chilling as is the cold dispassionate way in which jake sits down with his fathers killer.

It seems like life is returning to normal in jericho if they can let go of thier hate.

Is it just me or is it screamingly obvious at this point that the nuclear attacks were a coup organised by valente and his cohorts?moreless

Hawkins is concerned about Cheyenne coming to Jericho, understandly so. The crew is still looking for Sara, and she'll show up eventually. Hawkins is also being tracked by a mystery soldier..

By jronny, Feb 19, 2008

This show is special! After the work all the fans did to demand the show return, I can't wait for the next episode. I think that characters are so strong and the special effects are top notch. The battle between New Bern and Jericho is really cooling down. I do not trust the Cheyenne government and their motives for getting Jerico up and running.

Overall, the acting was superb, and the story is developing well. This season is more subtle than last year's and the plot is more sophisticated. Skeet Ulrich turned in another great performance his acting is getter better as the show progresses. Two Thumbs up!moreless

very good return

By stonerose, Feb 17, 2008

Any doubts i had about Jericho's return were quickly dismissed as this episode was better than half of the episodes in season 1. Making the episode start almost as soon as season 1 finished was a great touch, it didnt give the need for a huge "previously on jericho" spot and lame flashbacks. What i hope happens in this season is carry on what this episode brought, meaning concentrate on the core characters and adding a few interesting new ones and let the story run from there. I think the character Major Beck is a great addition to the show, he grounds the show almost with his authoritarian presence (and he actually seems like a good guy with any mystery surrounding him)

Hopefully Jericho will continue like this episode and maybe even get a third season.moreless

Back from the ashes...

By Parricida, Feb 17, 2008

It was really stunning. I was somehow little afraid that maybe they will ruin it, but they made it even better - at least the first episode was a real pearl.

First those characters - so create to see them all again and the storyline written - a really cathcing and promising.

First the brother's revenge and Constantine walking away without no troubles. And the way Jake had to save his brother...

And then the whole thing with Hawkins - her wife putting herself into the danger to get into the information and getting followed. Even thought it looks like Hawkins in some part trusts him, I think that is mistake. Revealing that he has bomb makes him a target as I am sure that information gets out.moreless

Review

By cavanagh15, Feb 17, 2008

A very different feel to the series and I like the direction a lot of the stories are going and I for one hope the show does garner some more attention then it has been getting. Jake being with his girl from last year (going to have to learn the names again) is great. They have a terrific dynamic and need to be together I think. I thought Jake and his brother were acting a little outside the wall when they kept on wanting to go and kill Constintine of New Bern. I know life has been crazy for six months at this point, but Jake, to me, always seemed like the kind of guy that would keep his head on an even keel. HE seems to be focused on executing this man in this episode, dispite the new authorities showing up and putting an end to it. I dont know - I just felt it to be a little out of character thats all. I did like Jake going to stop his brother from doing the deed and that he is now the new sherrif of Jericho, that should make for an interesting change of power. Hawkins story really dragged in the beginning of the episode I thought but picked up at the end when him and the white guy started talking about the main points of the conspiracy and what the overall gameplan is. It seems this one town just kind of took over while everyone east of the Mississippi is still trying to act like the USA. Really loved Stanley and Mimi's storyline. I thought they were the best couple in season one and I think they still have it now in season two. They are perfect on screen together. I hope this isnt the Beginning of the End for Jericho, season two is off to a solid start I think.moreless

Load More Reviews