Red Flag

Episode Reviews (23)

Superb

Very nice. This episode was thrilling.

By chippu, Jul 17, 2008

This episode was very nice. First of all there were Military Airplanes flying overhead and they dropped a lot of AID. But still I have a lot of questions unanswered. My first one is why were fighter jets going in front of the drop out big planes and why did they use American parachute if they were Chinese aid!

And the other thing i really wana say is Eric is so stupid leaving April. I mean she is a better person for him than the other girl... And a kid can bring a lot of happiness and love. He is so stupid!

Then the other thing is that Hawkins chat buddy said that he knows who is the bad guys??? That's interesting.. Gray is also so selfish wanting power rather than unity of everyone.

And last but not the least is the fact that I don't believe that the masked person who killed Gracie was Jonah. Jonah might be bad, but he doesn't wana kill anyone...

I am sure Mitchell is the one who killed Gracie.moreless

The first planes in months appear over Jericho, dropping supply pallets near the city. The mayor doesn't know if they can trust them, though, and everyone is scrambling for a piece. Eric and April try to figure out where they stand, too.

By binary_spider, May 09, 2008

This was a pretty good episode, although the Eric/Mary/April triangle doesn't interest me all that much. In this episode they focused on the supplies and the reality of the situation they are in.

I liked how the supply drop was mysterious, and I liked the way that they still have little idea what is really going on. I do find it odd that more people don't wonder aloud more often, but that's really nitpicking. The supplies move the plot along, as the scramble for them puts people at odds with one another. Jonah and his crew make a play for some of the dropped supplies, and the tension was a good addition.

Oh, and there was absolutely no Dale or Skylar in this episode! Woo hoo! There is a sub plot with Hawkins' family. He's been a pretty bad father, so he deserves the ire of his kids, but they're kinda beating a dead horse at this point with everyone telling him that he's been a pretty bad father. For some reason, he tries in this episode to make good for his family, and I like the resolution, but it left me thinking that they were easily impressed. It's debatable, but I don't think that I'd overlook years of neglect and absenteeism for such a little gesture. I hope they play it right, because if this one thing made them an atomic family I'll be calling them on it.

This was a solid episode.

Be sure to watch until right before the credits roll. I won't spoil it.moreless

Jericho gets the help it needs

By sosoCraig, Jan 05, 2008

Jericho gets the help it needs making Gray look dumb and Johnston the smarter one. I was disappointed in Eric for dumping his wife in favor of the other woman since a baby is involved and all. The show is finding ways to find normalcy among the unthinkable nuclear war, not an easy task by no means. Ravenwood moved on to the next town to plunder their goods. Jericho is left know it is exposed. It doesn't look good for Gracie at this point. The sugary sappy soap opera them managed to rear its ugly head again for a few. Over all it was a good show.moreless

Jericho receives aid from the air.

By expatriot, Oct 10, 2007

Very interesting storyline with lots of things happening.

The aid from the air was a great way for JOhnston to show what a good mayor he is. A good show in the run up to the elections. Gray won't have liked it. I thought Eric made a courageous decision. His comments were very true too, a marriage isn't saved by having a kid. So he decides in favour of Mary and leaves April.

Emily taking the situation into her own hands is not good for Jonah. He still maintains the leadership but I'm willing to be Gracie's attacker is one of his men, probably Mitch.

I do not like the writers putting Emily and Jake together all the time. Heather didn't even feature in this episode, neither did Dale. I think that's a pity.moreless

Review

By cavanagh15, Sep 03, 2007

Something I realized in this episode when Gracie was stabbed - where did our heartstruck little guy go that always used to help Gracie out. He went back to some girls house like weeks ago but we havent seen him in like three or four episode. =/

The episode was one of the most pivotal of the season, with the ending that left me speechless as the first real "cliffhanger" of the show is revealed. Gracie is stabbed by without a doubt one of Jonahs men.

I thought that the epiosde was good overall, I just thought it followed the best episode of the season and didnt really expand on much of anything. I wasnt happy that Heather didnt show up in this episode, if your gonna have people on the show in relationships with other people you have to build on them. She kissed Jake and I havent really seen her since. She is the main reason behind me taking points away from this episode.

Kudos to the writers for not having Eric go back on his word and switch back to his wife, I liked that writing. I thought it would have made the writing in the episode before this one not as good. Overall, the episode was good the show is just losing track of keeping track of everything I want to have kept track of....right?moreless

Someone stabs Gracie...

By diecaro, Jul 24, 2007

This episode increased the mystery surrounding these attacks once again. What's with those plains and the packages on the parachutes? It's all so confusing...

I especially loved the scenes with Stanley and Mimi! It was so clear they were gonna hook up and I think their relationship is really great. They were total strangers and set out to be enemies pretty much when she came to Jericho. But they're so cute together and he takes such good care of her. And they're also fun!

There was also some romance between Emily and Jake, you could see it. That story ain't over, I sense it! And well, April really should have told Eric about the baby sooner. I understand the reasons why she thought she couldn't, but it still wasn't the proper decision. It must hurt finding it out this late... and I was surprised Johnston had forgotten all about the news. I know he was seriously sick when April told him, but I never thought that he might not remember...

In the end of the episode someone stabs Gracie and it's awful. This is gonna stir up this town even more...moreless

great episode

By sfviewer, Apr 04, 2007

Supplies are dropped from the air by cargo planes. It appears that the supplies that were dropped came from China. Jonah and his gang return to jericho to acquire supplies they believe belongs to them. Jake and the townsfolk have a debate of what to do with the supplies that were dropped from the air. The mayor clashes with his deputy over the distribution of the supplies. The mayor and his sheriffs figure out a plan to acquire a generator which was stolen by jonah. this episode dramatizes the effects of desperation to ordinary people. this episode is well done.moreless

It was all fun and games until they killed Gracie!

By hugsy_, Jan 15, 2007

Those mean Ravenwood guys have left Jericho. Which seems awfully stupid knowing that a mercenary group wouldn't give up like that. But let's just celebrate that we won't return on THAT lame drama. Let's welcome something more fun, shall we?

Thanksgiving! They're suffering the American Apocalypse but still they find time to get into all that tediousness of holidays. Talking about drama. Jake and the rest of 'em spot supplies parachuting down the sky. How convenient. Knowing that the whole world hates America. The folks later learn the insides of the crates. Supplies, food, drinking water and even a generator. With fliers inside saying "China Loves You". Like wake up! China is suffering starvation, they hate America and oh yeah, they would send a buttload of food and supplies when they're all suffocating in the aftermath of their stupidity. Not that the folk of quiet towns hold any of the blame. But still, politics.

The people suspected the water poisoned. Now that sounds more fun. But knowing China's problems, I'm not sure they would spend this much of food just to in-your-face the USA. I didn't even consider that the food would be bad. Because they can't afford to be cheap, there's no way they would keep their hands off of it. Eventually they would consume it and then what, die? No, that wouldn't be fun. So therefore, the food isn't poisoned. And how cute, Mimi found chocolate cookies. Made me want some too.

That lame Jonah-gang stole the generator and messed Stanley up. Stanley's so cute, it wasn't fair. Speaking of fair, Emily stole the "GENNY"(hah) back from her father, Jonah, making a cute scene. Now that was hot. Some dumb chick stealthing her way inside a high-security warehouse, knocking down a guard and then almost getting killed. You go girlfriend!

They made the whole street lighted up. With beautiful music playing, made a great scene. Then as Gracie walked into her store, and she got stabbed - filled me with utter anger to those god damn hillbilly "GANG GUYS". I just hope she'll make it. She's such a cute character!moreless

Another strong episode with a great mix of action and character development.

By SoylentYellow, Nov 27, 2006

If Jericho keeps up with episodes like this one it will see a second season. The episode kicks off with what appears to be Russian Korean-Vietnam era vintage MiG-19 Russian jets escorting a pair Russian Antonov AN-12 cargo planes parachuting food, medicine, fuel and a huge generator into Jericho using American parachutes. Is this international aid finally arriving? Residents of Jericho suspect something more ominous like invasion and the food might be poisioned. But 2 resident eat the food (crackers/chocolate bars) and they did not get sick - so its probably real international aid supplies. Mayor Green and Gray Anderson prepare to square off for next weeks election for town mayor.

Jonah and his men show up to grab the generator for themselves from Stanley Richmonds farm after beating him up. Tomboy Emily sneaks into her father Jonahs compound and clubs a guy with a pair of bolt cutters to save the day and retrieve the generator; to the suprise of just about everyone including Jake and Mayor Green who arrived moments earlier to take back the generator. And with the help of Jack-of-all-Trades Robert Hawkins brightens Thanksgiving day ends with a little light show to give the residents of Jericho a ray of hope.

The episode closes with a cliffhanger involving Gracie, the grocery store owner, who goes back inside her store only to be murdered by a figure in shadow who is about the same height as she is - my guess? Its Mitchell who was bitter about Gracie breaking the agreement with Jonah, Mitchell and their gang of thugs. Good mix of action, additional mysteries and character development. They have toned down the soap opera-like relationship subplots to an acceptable level over the last 3 episodes - they are good for character development but too much makes the episodes dull.moreless

Jericho finally gets some outside contact that isn\'t from nearby towns.

By crazypenguincp, Nov 26, 2006

It\'s about time for this show to face a bit of something about the actual attacks. it was an above average episode, coming t just the ight time for some I may imagine. Personally, I had almost given up on the whole thing. Now if the show will stay more on this path, and give us a few answers. it feels like every week this show just spins it's wheels. And even when the show goes somewhere, it just gives more questions. Is China really helping, wh yare they helping? Anyway, still a decent episode, kept me on the hook anyway.moreless

Load More Reviews