Walls of Jericho

Episode Reviews (29)

Great

Reality finally starts setting in on Jericho 4 days after the mushroom clouds bloomed across the nation. Now the city must scramble for supplies and resources, and accepted ethics splinter under the weight of desperation.

By binary_spider, Nov 30, 2011

It is good to see more people in Jericho beginning to take their situation seriously.

As always, resident white hat, Jake Green takes the lead in just about everything. As always, resident enigma Hawkins skulks around being suspicious, protective and secretive. As always, Dale acts all emo. As always, Skylar snubs Dale, even though the writer seems to be pushing them together.

But, even though this episode was predictable in many ways, it had the added punch of reality. In this episode we learn a little more, and see a little more tragedy. It's apparent that the resources at hand are limited and we have a long way to go before we get a clear picture of what is really going on. I liked this episode more than the previous one, primarily because the writers decided to focus on the whole nuclear attack aspect of things.moreless

This episode is totally cool. With the fact that there are some strangers coming and all.

By chippu, Jul 11, 2008

There are still a lot of unanswered questions. First of all there is a broadcast on air which shows people running and all. After Jake and Heather find a guy in a medical store he tells Jake that "THEY" were coming. And Dale brings the food from the train all the way to the store. But i wonder how he could have done it when he said that the Train was 5 miles away. I mean he is still too young to be driving something and gas is running low everywhere.

The final thing is what is this Hawkins guy up to. He knew the guy Jake and Heather picked up and he uses this freakish laptop. I think he is planning to blow Jericho off.

So all and all the episode was good.moreless

After receiving fragmented images from the satellite, a sick stranger arrives in town.

By whiteraven2005, Mar 09, 2008

A radiation exposed stranger breaks into the pharmacy, putting a strain on the med centre's rapidly failing resources. Jericho faces it's first supply shortage: gas. Without electricity, the gas pumps no longer work. Jake saves the day again when he, Heather and Stanley convince a garage manager to help them. By the time Eric arrives at the clinic, the crisis is over and Eric, tail between his legs, slinks off to his mistress and supplies the bar with gas.

Hawkins' mysterious past comes into play again when he recognises the stranger as someone he works with. This man also returned for his family, but arrived in Denver too late. Before he dies, he delivers the ominous message "They're coming." which turns out to mean his family and friends. Jake shames people into coming with him but the people, without any medical attention, are all dead. Beautifully done and filmed.

Last thoughts:

- Just to be a total girl for a moment, Skeet Ulrich in nothing but a towel!

The town's first face-to-face with radiation sickness and adding to the mystery surrounding Hawkins. Very interesting.moreless

Not very believable.

By boxof4our, Feb 14, 2008

I just got done watching the first four episodes of 'Jericho.' The story initially drew me in. After this episode however I'm begining to have my doubts about the show. Am I suppose to believe that days after a nuclear attack that the majority of a town would still be hanging out at the bar drinking and shooting pool? Or that a teenage girl would throw a party and parents would let their kids go? Quite unbelievable to me. I understand that a second season has started and that I have alot of catching up to do. I'm tempted to jump ahead and find out who Rob is and what the conspiracy is and get it over.moreless

A little more information.

By SweetPeaSurry, Feb 13, 2008

One of the things that I appreciate about this show is that we have so little information about what really happened. So every little piece of information that the folks of Jericho recieve is vital. This was a really great episode because they showed the real threat of radiation poisoning. I think the creators did a formidable job in making that happen. Another accomplishment of this episode was to show how vital it is for the townspeople to help eachother out and pull together as a group in order to make sure everyone's safe and cared for. The writers did an excellent job showing these aspects in this episode.moreless

More questions than answers - Again!

By sosoCraig, Jan 02, 2008

It was alluded to but not outrightly so that Hawkins has a secret about the nuclear bombs. How else could he have been pinning them on his map in episode 2? How did the dying man from Denver know to come to Jericho? Because of Hawkins! The questions are just brimming and not enough answers. That is good writing! I wondered how I would react to see a dying man whose skin is just sloughing off. Then there is the fact that there are more just like him! It was almost to realistic bordering on the scary ideas of what if.

Then there is the food and gas issue. What is going to happen?moreless

Jericho is looking for gas and a stranger arrives in town.

By expatriot, Oct 02, 2007

Jake and Eric both go looking for gas, both for the hospital and for the cafe. Jakes goes to the gas pump while Eric request people to donate gallons from their cars. Unsurprisingly, Jakes has more luck.

April and Eric's marriage seems over. Eric's having an affair and April obviously doesn't like what Eric's turning into because of the changes after the bombs fell. He has take some hard decisions, such as interrogating the stranger which might kill the stranger and actually does kill the stranger. Howver, before he dies, he tells some things to Jake and to Hawkins. When Jake leaves to get morphine for him, the stranger turns out to know Hawkins and vice versa and they seem to have worked together as part of some plan and he mentions a traitor.

Dale still has a crush on Skylar whose friends are still turning her against him.

Jake and a search party discover 20 dead refuguees.

Hawkins becomes a deputy yet at the same time he rehearses a fake background story with his family. They seem to know something more about the origins of the bombs.moreless

Review

By cavanagh15, Sep 02, 2007

Hawkins character is one of the most mysterious characters on the show. Ever since the pilot I knew there was something more about him then just being the smart man who had so many great ideas after the fallout. I dont know if I should be looking at him as a bad guy or what - somehow he is doing something in secret and has been planted into Jericho but his overall master plan or endgame is yet to be revealed to us.

I thought the rest of the epsiode was okay, Ive come to terms with the fact that the show isnt action/adventure and that the drama is what is going to be keeping it going. The scene of going to get the twenty people out by the lake was pretty boring, because no one was alive when they got there. The trip the get the gas was very well done, mainly because the generator went off for 2-3 minutes instead of them saving the place at the very lastr second as most shows tend to always try to do.moreless

good episode

By sfviewer, Mar 28, 2007

Jake finds a stranger inside a pharmacy suffering from radiation poisoning. He helps the man to the hospital with the help of his brother. The hospital generator is running low on gas, Jake goes to a gas station to get the gas. Jake and Stanley drive back to the hospital just in time. The hospital gets up and running again. The town bar gets a supply of gas, enough to run for 3 days. We learn more about the main characters, some stuff happens here that aren't explained just yet. it's an interesting episode, i had a good time watching it.moreless

They're coming! Who's coming?

By hugsy_, Jan 03, 2007

Ok, I don't understand squat! What's up with the Hawkins'? Who was that guy suffocating in the clinic? Who's the "traitor"? And why oh why was the scene with topless Jake so short!?

Day 4. The generators are starting to go out and the folks are suckling gas out of every possible place to restore the power. It's still pretty pointless since the gas will eventually end and then what? Doom!

A refugee from Denver found his way to Jericho, suffering from radiation poisoning and ended up in the clinic. It was just terrible. Seeing what it can do to people. His skin was covered with boils, it was literally peeling off. It was just so nasty. Anyway, they somehow linked up him to Shep's awkward missing and wanted to interrogate him. Come on, he's dying! Eventually we learned that Mr. Hawkins knew him, mutually. That raised a huge cliffhanger. What the hell?

I felt for Dale. Cause he's such a loser. Hear me out. He's a loser because he pines the approval of that stupid Barbie chick and harasses her all the time. Just let go, kiddo. Have some self-respect! Quit being a door-mat. I wondered why Dale's discovery of food didn't go public, making a huge uproar. I mean they do need food and they're starting to run out of it.

Who's coming? The question left unanswered. Terrorists, aliens or they're just delusional visions of a dying man? Who knows. The truth is out there.

Jake topless was so yummy! More scenes like that please!moreless

Load More Reviews