John Doe

Show Reviews (85)

Great

One of TV's Best...

By futureventures2222, Sep 04, 2014

Few shows rank high and "John Doe" was one of the most non-stop exciting minutes one could spend and discovered after its cancellation due to possible marketing. Fine cast, direction and a REAL WINNER though cancelled.

awsome show

By PetraJelaviMi, Dec 23, 2012

I loved this show and I think it left too soon. It had a good crime elements and drama... and Dominic did awsome job acting just like others actors.

more!

By lisaue39, Jun 01, 2012

Not a 10 because it left me with many questions!

John Doe: For a guy who had all the answers, I didn't have the ones that mattered the most.

By oxana, Jan 06, 2012

I really liked this show. It had many good elements of detective work - on a whole new level. It was tricky how knowing every fact, written or otherwise, could help to solve cases that seemed so unrelated to the facts themselves, but in the end felt nothing short of realistic.

The plot was a bit too repetitive at places, especially John Doe's dilemma that was more or less force-fed into every episode; he doesn't know who he is, he doesn't know why certain people are after him... Yeah, it fit the scenes a few times, but it got a bit boring by the end.

About the end of the first - and only - season I must say that it was bad. Good episode, terrible ending, because it felt more like the first half of a two-episode combo. Now we are left with too many answers hanging, not to mention one revelation that sure was shocking, but which also felt too surreal to be true.

All in all going into my favorite shows, and it's sad to see it discontinued since it has a lot of potential to move forward and expand after this first season.moreless

The show left too soon.

By cactusjack39, Jan 14, 2009

I wish the show would come back. John Doe was a really original show because it had writing and storylines that were not seen anywhere else. I didn't think that I was going to like it at first, but I decided to give it a try and after the first episode, I was hooked. Never did I think this show would have only lasted less than 2 seasons. I thought that it was an interesting show and had drama, action, and suspense. I thought that the John Doe character was interesting as he had the ability of wide knowledge of history. This show was canceled too soon and I wish they would have given it another shot. Thank you.moreless

John Doe is a mysterious man who rises from the primordial waters of an isolated island, possessing knowledge of literally everything in the world, yet having no memory of who he is. He finds his way to Seattle and uses his gift to help solve crimes.

By KAF17, Sep 14, 2008

When I first started watching this series it was good and I enjoyed most of the episodes. Then it started to get a little boring so I stop watching the series. But I guess that other people lost interested too because I heard it stopped airing new episodes. The Sci-Fi network still air the old episodes from time to time. So, if anyone interested in seeing the episodes check your local listings. This is a good series it just lost interest for me, but I am glad I was able to see it when I could. Enjoy to those who go looking for the series.moreless

This shows is about a man who wakes up on an island naked, colorblind, with no memories but knowing everything about everything. He named himself John Doe. While trying to find out his real identity he works with police to solve enigmas.

By Dimitris987, Aug 07, 2008

"I woke up in an island off the coast of Seattle. I didn't know how I got there ... or who I was. But I did seem to know everything else. There were things about me I didn't understand ... the brand, being colorblind, extreme claustrophobia. And while my gifts provided answers for others, I still search for my own. My name is John Doe."

In the opening scene of the series' pilot episode, a mysterious man wakes up on an island off the coast of Seattle, Washington, naked, with absolutely no memory of who he is or how he got there. However, apart from the details of his own past, "John Doe", as he comes to call himself, seems to have access to the sum total of all human knowledge: he knows how many dimples are on a golf ball, the population of Uruguay, and other such obscure (and not-so-obscure) facts. He also has expert knowledge on everything from the stock market to computers. Over the course of the series John attempts to find clues about his past by using his unusual ability while also helping people in need. In the process it becomes clear that an international conspiracy known as the Phoenix Organization is watching John's every move.moreless

An interesting idea and played out almost perfectly

By StargirlDR, May 15, 2008

THis show was great, the idea was while not entirely unique blended ideas together in a way that was. It was clearly the spring board for shows like Kyle XY, but looked at the show from a different angle, because John never stopped searching for his past, and the entire time never really tried to make connections with people who ere around him. He was able to with a few but his circle of friends never really grew as the show went on, the only people who were added later were Rachel (who only showed in 2 eps) and that NSA guy (can't remember his name) and their relationship never really got developed because the show was cancelled. Which is really the only major flow it never ends, I mean it was suppose to come back b/ fox didn't let it (they're really hard on all sci-fi oriented shows) and so fans never got some of the explainations that were really really needed at that point. It really left us asking questions, still worth the time of anyone who is interested in aspects of sci fi that seem as though they could actually take place, in todays time and would believably be unnoticed (not 100% b/ for the most part).moreless

the show is really superb that keeps me going home early just to watch the whole episode. In every episode, you can't guess its ending as well as its next step. Totally amazing & intelligently written.

By geb_anime, Jan 24, 2008

This is not actually a review but a personal affirmation of the show though i haven't seen the complete episode of the series. I magnificently loved & hooked with the series because of its subtleness and affects to audiences. I love the casts and characters portrayed coz they have acted brilliantly and superb especially Dominic Purcell who seems to be mysterious as he has known nothing of himself and how the writter briliantly slowly uncover the mystery of his life. As an avid fan of the series, i wish to have a complete episodes of that show in DVD so that i'll be able appreciate it more and all the fans here in the PHILIPPINES will be able to see it. tnk u.moreless

Load More Reviews