Jonny Zero

Good
7.3

Treated very unfairly

By Ho_Man, Mar 02, 2007

There's no easy way to say it but, who in their right damn mind would put this show in the Friday Night Deathslot! They never really gave this chance to show it's potential and that is the reason why it failed. But luckily for viewers in Australia, ABC is showing the show late on a Monday night. Late, but still I can watch it. If anyone knows where I can download the rest of the episodes, that would make my day. It's a shame that a show this good had to be canned because of poor management. I'm sure other people would've like this show had it not been for the Friday Night timeslot.moreless

Better than everyone leads it on to be.

By rc8292, Mar 16, 2006

Honestly, this wasn't a bad show. It just seems as though no one was going to give this show a chance, granted, this should've been on with Firefly.

This was a good show in that it wasn't really like others that are on. Sure, we've all heard these kinds of stories but this didn't play out like others. Although it needed a bit of fixing at the loose ends, it had the potential to be a great show.

Fast-paced and dark, this drama (bit of comedy here and there) was action-packed and even had substance (heart) behind it. The style may have thrown people off a bit but when you actually pay attention to it, Jonny Zero had endless entertainment value.

Guess people just aren't ready for a Latino action hero at the helm of a show.moreless

Come on, I thought it was great!

By sushipit, Mar 05, 2006

Who could ask for more beyond the sheer hottness of Franky G and his clearly gay best friend? I mean, the gay tension was almost melting off my screen! Which, I can admit, was the only reason I watched in the first place. Just give me a thin smear of plot and pile on the skin!

Fun while it lasted!!

By azz_youcansee, Nov 03, 2005

Jonny Zero was an interesting approach to the low down stories on the streets. Following the "Jonny Calvo" character out of jail, trying to seek redemption and, even though it wasnt his intensions, straight back in to trouble had me hooked. A good different angle on viewing this genre. The "Street" angle these days all look the same but this was different. It displayed a healthy mix of above average performances, great production and pushing stories to entertain. Most would say it was 'crap tv!' but for some reason I watched an episode and then kept watching week after week. For a casual day tv program, it's a winner.moreless

Good, but as it turns out, not good enough for the demanding tv watchers...

By Gronholm, Oct 18, 2005

Well, at first it was kinda boring, but it wasnt bad, if you watch it to the end, you like the show a bit better, I really liked the atmosphere and the acting was good, was hoping to see the next episode, but the show is cancelled, really wanted to see the rest, they could of atleast give it a propper ending...

Bring it back again!

By snoevicky, Oct 18, 2005

The best show I\'ve seen since I got hooked on Desperate Housewifes. What attracted me to this was the great actors. It all seemed everyday. Good looking Jonny topped the cake. I\'m sure he\'ll do great in what ever he went on to do. I wish I had the power to bring the show back. Thank You Jonny if your out there reading this! We all miss you!

I was bored in the first five minutes.

By -ACL-, Jul 16, 2005

One of my favorite parts of watching new shows is seeing the introductory credits and hearing the theme song, which I missed on the premiere of Jonny Zero. At first I was a little disappointed, but after watching five minutes of this so-called dramatic crap-fest I didn’t feel disappointed anymore.

There was nothing wrong with the acting really, I can say that. There just seemed to be something boring about the whole concept, and the dark imagery. It also seemed to just be a repeat with a twist of past action-drama shows.

Thankfully this was just a mid-season filler. If I was forced to sit-through this show again, I could probably sit it out, but I would never voluntarily watch this show again. Looks like FOX failed again.

moreless

Equalizer: The Next Generation

By Livewire242, Jul 06, 2005

Twenty years since The Equalizer first aired, it seems about time this great idea for a show was given a second chance. The concept for The Equalizer and now for Jonny Zero: In New York City, a man who has previously been a killer seeks redemption by helping those who cannot help themselves.

Where The Equalizer portrayed protagonist Robert McCall as a retired secret agent, Jonny Calvo is a more realistic and tangible character: a former drug addict who decided to shape up after serving four years in prison for murder. To keep him on the straight and narrow is the desire to set an example for a son he rarely gets to see.

The series suffered from mustache-twirling comic book villains and horrible artful shaky-camera directing. The latter was presumably meant to convey the uncertainty of street life in New York, but only succeeded in making the show literally hard to watch.

If the show had been given a chance, I feel that they would have eventually written out the ridiculous Limey mob boss and crooked government agent characters, who contributed nothing to the show but distraction from each episode's main plot. However, Jonny Zero made its debut in the Friday night death slot, where a show must either get it right the first time, or die a quick death. Cancellation came after only eight episodes. Hopefully this above-average concept for a series will be reincarnated soon.moreless