Judge Judy

Fair
6.7

Ugly Attitude Pays Off

By Dry1998, Feb 01, 2016

People need to realize that Judge Judy is paid millions of dollars to be the Queen of Mean. Her ratings would go into the tank if she suddenly became polite, considerate, and totally fair. In other words, the opposite of what she is now. Nastiness pays, I'm sad to say. (Look at the big bully who's currently leading in the 2016 election polls - sorry, but it's true). I wouldn't want to be on her show, but if I were, I'd make sure that 1. I dressed appropriately for court 2. I had every single piece of documentation necessary and 3. I expected to win. Otherwise, fehgeddabouddit!! She'd be all over me like white on rice!moreless

judge judy

By drabe11, Jan 13, 2016

Why the hell is she banging always on her .... it's irritating!!! and unpolite! And you should learn how to listen wthout getting "MAD" all the times!

Vinegar vs Honey

By Honeysuckle_breeze, Nov 04, 2015

I'm a court TV junky so I watch them all. (I favor People's Court, Judge Mathis, and Hot It's interesting to watch the different styles of the judges and the results of those differing styles. One thing about all of them that frustrates me often is when a case involved a tenancy.

Every judge, they always query why a tenant would stay somewhere they considered below standards, unlivable/intolerable, unsafe area, bad landlord, etc. Judges must forget (or come from a family with means and so can't relate) what it's like to be 'stuck' living somewhere unpleasant for varying reasons. They all seem to share the belief "Why didn't you move?" or "Why did you stay somewhere that made you unhappy? As if it's a simple matter, just pack up and move. Except it generally isn't

Moving is STRESSFUL. Very often you have to shell out money for first and last month's rent; at the least, a security deposit; often a non-refundable background tenancy check; usually a non-refundable pet fee and a monthly pet charge ~$25-$35/month.

Sometimes you have to pay a non-refundable rental application fee, a credit history fee. A charge to have the gas & electric, the water, garbage collection put back in the landlord's or the rental property organization's name. And then of course there's the cost of moving supplies--boxes, styrofoam peanuts, tape, hangers, plastic bags, etc.

Finally, the cost of renting a U-Haul (use of the truck, filling the gas tank) if you don't have family/friends to help you pack, move, unpack. And of course updating every one, every company, credit card companies, your bank, post office, etc. with your new information.

So no, it's rarely a matter so simple or inexpensive that one can "just (Particularly in major cities like NYC, Boston, Chicago, for Judges should keep that in mind.

But Judge Judy specifically? She most frustrates me when she cuts off the defendant or plaintiff as soon as they start to relay what someone else said. She immediately interrupts them, shuts them down on grounds of "heresay; not Drives me crazy, lol. Obviously no one can bring to court every single person who uttered anything related to a case. You cannot get affidavits from everyone when you've no idea who you might need them from (nor is everyone going to be willing to fill it out, have it signed in front of witnesses, then notarized).

Not to mention that context often matters a LOT. Many of the judges on the other shows aren't such sticklers on heresay, yet they pretty much arrive at the same conclusion, same points made, as on Judge Judy.

I doubt anyone expects all judges should be alike, in temperament or style, but is there anything wrong with showing a little compassion? Even empathy or sympathy? It's probably why Mathis and Millan are my favorites. Equal parts stern and caring, they never lose their humanity or compassion, even while ruling against someone.moreless

Clever is becoming Nasty

By NikkiTytomkins, Oct 09, 2015

I used to enjoy Judge Judy for her quick wit and cleverness. Now in the last year or so she is nasty much more often than clever. She is so rude to the participating parties that I wonder how anyone ever agrees to be on this show in the first place. She is cranky and unpleasant. Time to retire or clean up her act. I think if she just listened to a re-run of her voice ... she'd see immiediately what the problem is..moreless

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree

By artemis39, Sep 23, 2015

It's ironic that Judge Judy's Son Adam Levy is under fire for prosecutorial misconduct. a legal expert from Pace University says "It's either incompetence and unprofessionalism or he {Levy, Judge Judy's son} is going out of his way to get this lawyer, to deliberately destroy this lawyer by charging him with these Sounds sorta like Judge Judy, don't you think?

EpisODE!

By Tcumbry1, Aug 06, 2015

Anyone - What's your favorite Judge Judy episode?!

Dismiss w/o prejudice

By SueViglione, Jun 26, 2015

What is up with dismissing cases without prejudice and sending them back to the original court? I just watched 2 shows back to back where she did that. I tune in to watch her ajudicate the case. I'm disappointed.

The US Flag and Judys June 16th airing

By kadkoh, Jun 23, 2015

Hello, not sure if your interested in this, was told by the Sun that you may. I was on Judge Judy and it aired the 16th. There was a few things needed to be said. One, the producers tried to get me to look money hungry to increase the amount I was suing for, I told them I didn't want to be outed and I was, I told them that my witness was a friend but they made it look as if she was my neighbor and she seen this guy cut down my flag pole. I told them that was a lie and I wasn't going to lie, that it would be a field day for Judy. When the shooting began, Judge Judy began her speal, it was the opposite of what they were to change the story line to and if I didnt agree, saying partner when I was going to say Room Mate, she would of said, room mate, it says partner here, which is it, room mate or partner, outed no matter and I wasn't going to give them that luxury of destroying me on national tv. Judge Judy, who always tells people not to assume anything, never tell her what others have said, but what you know, seen, though when she was delivering her wrath on me, she stated " One can assume with the amount of people living in that community, there would be angry people" assuming isn't a matter of law, One can assume that with my was with the ladies, I'm Henry the 8th, but one can assume.. She then goes into saying " I would be angry about that If I lived there" she is the judge, not the one testifying and there fore her opinion whether she would be angry puts me at risk since she is to be impractical to each and every case and she was angry that I flew my flag in a matter the disturbed her. Im thinking ratings and that 47 million dollar check by 2020 makes her do some wild and crazy things. Is it worthy?moreless

THE HUSBAND KNOWS BEST

By janseymour56, Apr 25, 2015

Jerry Sheindlin said it best in People Magazine, 1999, in which he was quoted as saying, "She could be very nasty," when referring to his wife.

RUDEST PERSON EVER

By sueward756412, Mar 31, 2015

Judge Judy is the rudest person on TV. I don't know why anyone would have their case heard by her. She won't let anyone present any information without interruption. I believe she thinks she is some kind of supreme human simply because she is a judge and on TV. Unless you get a thrill by seeing this kind of behavior, don't bother watching. I know I would rather turn off the TV than give her show any of my time.

Load More Reviews