Keen Eddie

Show Reviews (17)

Great

What a terrific romp!

By sandbur, Mar 01, 2010

I admit I bought the DVD set to catch up on Mark Valley's past exploits, and I didn't expect much from a series that didn't last long; especially not with Sienna Miller in it. But I was more than pleasantly surprised. I was laugh-out-loud and occasionally bust-a-gut laughingly surprised! EVEN Sienna Miller impressed me.

I found the writing with respect to the lives of the characters themselves to be very witty, and yet the cases were quite credible in the sense of a good crime drama ("Achtung Baby" and "Eddie Loves Baseball" particularly). I loved all the characters; quirks and all, and Pete was a particular favourite!

It took no time to establish the story line and the characters within it, and all of them hit a cord. The parts were well written, the actors chosen for the parts were exceptional choices, the story lines were interesting and yet fun...Those usually the keys to a show hitting, but somehow this gem went the way of other non-conformists vis a vis today's steady diet of doctors, lawyers and moronic human behaviour. And Mark Valley, like another personal favourite in Nathan Fillion, can't seem to get an even break with a series despite his outings so far being incredibly well done. Lets hope FOX gives Human Target the chance that this beauty never got...moreless

Intelligent, Funny, Sarcastic and Wittiest serial ever.

Superb editing. Keen!

By hectorcooper, Dec 12, 2008

Intelligent, Funny, Sarcastic and Wittiest serial ever.

Superb editing. Keen! London is an amazing scenario.

Scotland Yard is so legendary.

Hope they will give it a chance. Make a movie we will surely love it. Maybe a bit easier to understand for usual people.

They way it was launched wasn´t really the best campaign. I wonder if it went better in Europe or UK. Let´s ask for a new season! Cheap budget is ok. Bring Eddie back please. If you haven´t seen it I strongly suggest you to do so. You won´t regret it. I´m looking forward to the new projects from the same author: J.H. Wyman.moreless

A very funny cop show. US cop goes to work in Brittan and lives with a beautiful girl who hates his dog.

By Nikkles, Oct 16, 2008

Keen Eddie has been really unappreciated. The writing was quite good and the characters surprisingly full for a comedy. It was a bit goofy, which may be why the show did not find and audience. I think its a real shame that the show did not get picked up however as it is very original and fun. Quirky shows take time to develop and audience and this is just one of those shows that did not get that time. I highly recommend picking up the dvds and watching the show if you missed it the first time around. I'm sure you will enjoy it.moreless

Very pleasant, funny and original show... I just don't understand why it was cancelled. Bring it baaaaaaaaaaaack!

By nachuko, Sep 18, 2006

I found this show very pleasant, funny and original... not only because of the great choice of actors but also in the fun script. It was interesting to see the American/English duo, both such stereotype of their respective nation. Eddie and Fiona are so perfect together it would have been interesting to see their relationship evolve. All the characters have their own particularity and that's what made that show so awesome. I really wish it had lasted longer.

Fox never gave it a chance.

By last_hurrah, Jul 28, 2006

It's been 3 years since this show premiered. Sadly, it wasn't taken seriously. First, it was pre-empted, then went on hiatus, and finally cancelled. Bravo picked it up but only lasted 13 episodes. To start, this show was very original and funny in it's own way. The concept of having an American cop transfered to London's Scotland Yard was surely asking for a clash of egos and comedic situations. Mark Valley's character of Eddie is as American as you can get. The character Pippen, although, may seem to be a British stereotype, nonetheless, compliments Eddie's character as a comedic and dynamic duo.moreless

New York cop Eddie Arlette heads the United Kingdom after messing up a cocaine bust in New York. Eddie's unique brand of American detective work is a big hit, so he decides to stay in the UK.

By d1zzymzl1zzy, May 05, 2006

I really liked this show. I only caught a few episodes when it originally aired. However, I recently rented the DVDs and watched the entire first and only season. It was just as good as I remembered. The characters are engaging and interesting. The cases are amusing. I especially liked the episode with the casino robbers who hid their identities with Duran Duran masks. I liked everyone on the show, which is rare for me. It's too bad it didn't continue. There was a lot of potential and several unanswered questions. It's also kinda depressing to watch a show, get into it, knowing the entire time that the one season is everything ("Firefly"). Just don't expect "NYPD Blue."moreless

Really, the Classification is the only thing that should be in this summary, Bring it back! Really, how could it stop so soon? How could they do that to us? It was one of the best TV shows ever. I can't believe it was stopped after only one season.

By KateNCIS, Apr 18, 2006

This was an amazing show, it really was. I really loved it. I hate that I think I have missed some of it. I feel like I have missed out on alot. I have to get the DVD though. I loved this show so much. As soon as I noticed what I was watching I would do almost anything to make sure I didn't miss it.

I live in Australia and it came on at about 1am on Saturday night. I was only 13 then and I would make sure that I would see it. It would come on after Joker Poker and then after it would e Do over. They were alright but I only watched them because of Keen Eddie. I really miss this show *tear*, seriously.

All I have to say now is,

I'll miss you Keen Eddie, bye.

Really should be brought back.

That's my opinion,

Rachelmoreless

Do you ask yourself how could Keen Eddie be cancelled?? Me too.

By Dean_aguila, Jan 22, 2006

Keen Eddie, a master piece

I should accept that at the beginnin I didn't expect so much of this tv serie, but once I started to watch it I couldn't stop. It doesn't matter that there only was 13 episodes, this tv serie is absolutely fabulous. The character of Mark Valley (Eddie Arlette), it's a very funny one, because, he can make you laugh just watching him. And, what about Sienna Miller? She's very hot, and beautiful, the first time I saw her with that strange british accent, I was like, wow, this is the hottest girl a have ever seen!! But, obviously, this isn't the important thing about Keen Eddie.

Keen Eddie is one of that series which you ask yourself, how did Fox could cancel it? I mean, it's a memorable tv serie, one of the best I've ever seen. But, it isn't rare that this things happen when we are talking about the FOX. One of the greatest tv companies, because they make supershows, the problem is that they don't know it.

It's sad see how Keen Eddie was on the air just few weeks, but, it's more sad, see how FOX cancel great series, just for create others worst. For a moment, I make everything that was in my hands to make this master piece return to the tv, but, when we are talking about the FOX, it's impossible to make come back a tv serie.

Concluding: One of the greatest series in the history, and one of the thousand of series that is a victim of the companies' executives.moreless

bring back keen eddie, it is the best...

By dnzmrt, Sep 28, 2005

perfect story, perfect characters, the best show ever. the harmony between characters was absolutely flawless, ambiance was very cool. scenes between mark valley and sienna miller was very entertaining. camera shootings were brilliant and the plot was magnificent. best mixture of comedy and action. i wonder why they cancelled it. it can be watched again and again...

Load More Reviews