And the Award Goes To...

Episode Reviews (3)

Superb

Although this was the last episode I won't label it a "Series Finale" or a "Conclusion" because that wasn't what it was designed to be and with cancelled series that often matters.

By Yakira, Jun 22, 2008

Burgeoning relationships between Tanya and Jim and Mimi and Jack were nice to see. Where they went would have also been nice to see. Seth needs to move on. Glad to see the return of Becky but it could have been at a better time. Seeing Seth choke on Tanya and Jim being happy together was funny but it wasn't rock-em sock-em. Jack lying to Mimi about Becky is classic Jack, and not in a good way. Jack needs to grow up and stop causing problems in everyone's lives so that he can have sex with anything that talks. "French Fight" had competition too but at least that competition was funny. This was just kinda dull. Competition seems to bring out the best and worst in people. Too bad it didn't bring out the very best of this episode.moreless

Another great episode!

By caipirina, May 09, 2006

I still weep that this great show was cancelled ... but it is understandable why ... the fans of the book tell me the show has not much to do with it .. so they are turned off. And catching non fans with this 'Sex and the City about food but toned down for public TV" was probably too tricky ... not that they did much advertizing.

This episode is about the competition between Nolita and that other restaurant, run by the guy who used to run Nolita, headed by the chef lady who tricked Will Tippin (sorry, i keep calling him that) into doing brunch. It is about the most prestigious restaurant award and those 2 seems to rekindle their affair ... which of course strikes some as attempted sabotage ...

The show could have continued so well from here ... I wish HBO or SHowtime would pick them up.moreless