Knots Landing

Show Reviews (16)

Great

Great Show

By monicaforman3, Apr 30, 2014

I wish they could have kept Charlene Tilton on for more than the first season. I found a bunch of stuff to pin on pinterest at . Check it out

best primetime soap!

By GaryBrownies, May 29, 2013

Knots Landing would certainly be classified as one of the best TV dramas from the 80 up to late 90s. For 14 years, it really captured the heart of all its viewers. The characters were so genuine, and they all became famous if I can still recall. The series outshined with its great actors/actresses. Nonetheless Knots Landing scenes are all breathtaking. There hasn't been a show like Knots Landing on TV and it is truly missed. That's why I bought from memorylanedvd. com . Shipping time is good and the products, I'm speechless DVD are in great quality with complete episodes. For me, Knots Landing is the best primetime soap in history!moreless

Knots Landing

By deborahrsmf, Jun 24, 2012

Please come to Net flix

Bring all the seasons out on DVD!!!!

By csdmymovies, Oct 03, 2009

I am watching the show for the first time and love it. Why aren't all the seasons out on DVD yet? There are so many "bad" shows that are. I love this show. It has been very entertaining. Shows just don't have the same character anymore, variety is the spice of life. Not that this show is really any different from the rest, I suppose, but the characters feel more original and down to earth, than just dealing with the born rich or now have money folks, time for some different classes! This show has been more entertaining than all the other shows I have thus far to see on during the 80's! Bring all the seasons out on DVD!!moreless

More than just a Soap Opera...

By knotsman, Dec 09, 2007

Far and away the best TV series ever. After a slow start, the show picked up pace in it's fourth year and never looked back. Wonderful storylines including the theft of Val's twins, the Val/Gary/Abby love triangle and Murakame coupled with great scripts, superb acting from the likes of Joan Van Ark, Michele Lee, William Devane and Julie Harris to mention but a few and compelling characters as well as being able to boast the best TV theme tune ever made this my favourite TV series of all time. Back in the eighties, I used to skip school to watch it and now 20 years later I'm still hooked. I've watched all 344 installments, bought the DVD's, written to the cast, been to the cul-de-sac and I still can't get enough. Long live Knots Landing!!!moreless

This show was a spinoff of Dallas - actually Dallas was a spinoff of the original Knot's pilot! This show was a class above the rest of the "nighttime soaps".

By jonjohnoc, Apr 21, 2007

Knot's Landing was originally submitted to CBS but rejected. 0ne executive told the producers that he thought that the Ewings would make a great show and greenlight 6 Dallas episodes.

When Dallas became the monster hit, CBS pulled out the old Knot's script and told the producers to revisit the show. And what they did is come up with a better show.

The original season focused on four couples that lived on the same cul-de-sac. Sid and Karen Fairgate are the anchor of the street. Sid owns a sucessful car dealership and is inventing a better engine. Kenny and Ginger Ward are the "newlywed" couple on their way up. Kenny is a producer for a record company who will do anything to get ahead. Richard and Laura Avery are the struggling couple. Richard is lawyer who is always looking for the get rich quick scheme and always gets burned. And Valene and Gary Ewing are the new kids on the block. And we know all about them from Dallas.

After season two we found out that asking for more money could be deadly. Sid Fairgate was killed after Don Murray asked for a raise.

During Season 2 Sid's recently divorced sister Abby arrives and she is there for no good.

Over the seasons, people come and marriages go. But one thing remained constant, the show was well written.

Although this was a spinoff of Dallas, from the first episode you knew that Karen (Michele Lee) was going to be the center of the show. Karen was the rock. No matter how many bad things were for her, she always pulled through. This of course could not be said for the rest of the cast. Divorce, affairs and betrayal were in abundance.

But my favorite thing in the show was that it was always thought out. In Season 9 two events happened. The first storyline was that the resort Lotus Point was in financial troubles and Abby set up a dummy corp to buy it because she found out there was oil under the land. (My first thought was if Karen or Gary found out, they could prosecute her for fraud.) A few episodes later, her assistant finds out ab out this and consults a lawyer friend and the lawyer tells him that if the partners found out Abby could be prosecuted for fraud! The next was when Michael Fairgate developes a computer program and Paige's boyfriend steals it and patents the program. (My first thought was that I would sue him and keep the progam in court until it was useless.) A few episodes later Greg Sumner offers him $50,000 for the program or he will keep him in court until the program is worthless.

The other nightime soaps would have them get away with their crime. And they would not even think beyond the basic plot line.

Well enough rambling on about this show. It was my favorite show of the 80's and Michele Lee's Karen was the perfect woman!moreless

The best darn soap opera ever!!!

By lbsolomon, Jan 28, 2007

I'm so glad I have Soap Net on my tv show I can always watch old episodes of this show. It was my personal favorite and I never missed an episode. Thursday nights at 10pm on CBS...I was there!!! I loved William Devane and now I watch him whenever he's on a show or in a movie. He's marvelous and so bad!!!

at least third best

By CAPNDEL, Jul 03, 2006

it was not as good as dallas or falcon crest, but it was at least third best. it ran a whole lot longer than it should have. the last couple of seasons were almost unwatchable at times. but it was another classic example of how well prime time soaps did in the eighties.

My personal favorite...

By nadavp3, May 29, 2006

There were many soaps on television back in the glamorous 80's, but none of them were like knots landing.

The right combination of trash and quality - elements such as great actors and characters, well written scripts and stories about soapy scandals on one hand and human nature on the other - all of the above made knots landing a show that prime time soaps today can be inspired from.

Unlike Dallas or Dynasty, Knots landing was more of an eye-level show. the "rich" factor came only in latter seasons, and even then it was a minor part of the show. The best episodes were those who dealt with everyday and ordinary issues.

Knots landing introduced Abby Ewing to the world, a scoundrel that wouldn't ashamed JR. Of all the prime-time villains, she is definitely my favorite, and not just because she's blond... :-)

I grew up with this series, and I still am addicted to it.

The show provided me with moments, cliff hangers, and characters that I'll never forget.

moreless