Kroll Show Will Be Back for Season 3, Says Nick Kroll

By Tim Surette

Mar 06, 2014

Get ready for some more Wheels Ontario, eh? Nick Kroll stopped by Late Night with Seth Meyers last night and while he was there, he announced that his sketch show on Comedy Central, Kroll Show, will return for Season 3. Niiiice, bro. Kroll Show is currently in its second season and is averaging 1.1 million viewers for Comedy Central. 

Late Night with Seth Meyers is apparently becoming THE place for couples to announce the renewals of their Comedy Central shows. Just last week, when Amy Poehler was a guest on Late Night, she announced that Comedy Central's Broad City (which she executive produces) was renewed for Season 2. Kroll and Poehler are dating in real life and probably have the most hilarious arguments over who didn't do the dishes. 

On Kroll Show, Kroll plays a plethora of wacky-zany characters, but which one is your favorite? I demand that we declare a winner through combat by poll!!! My vote goes to Mexican radio DJ El Chupacabra. Coo-coo! No wait, I pick Bobby Bottleservice. No wait, C-Czar! No no, Dr. Armond! 

• Comments (11)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • chandler0201 Mar 07, 2014

Bobby Bottleservice FTW. I wish they would continue that ridiculous hookers reality show subplot...that was even funnier than the paranormal reality show subplot.

• rishabhpb Mar 07, 2014

El Chupacabra has to be my favorite. Props to Baby and Chicken Baby and Juan Hamon.

• J_Pip Mar 07, 2014

Rick Dicks is my favorite because I feel like that's how the super rich actually (k)roll and it's giving me an insider's look.

• WavSlave Mar 07, 2014

I noticed on last night's Suburgatory that a very minor subplot involved a wheelchair-bound girl who looked pretty much exactly like the wheelchair-bound Toons (sp?) from Wheels Ontario. Is she actually wheelchair-bound in real life or was that some sort of inside joke? After all, Jane Levy was in a Kroll Show episode not long ago so maybe there's some subtle crossover humor there.

• JT_Kirk Mar 06, 2014

Fabrice Fabrice was my favorite character, but he predates the show, he's from the standup act, he's the genius who said "black people love fried chicken. You know who else loves fried chicken? EVERYBODY."

Anyway, I'm not loving season 2 here, it feels hamstrung by the pre-existing characters from last season, there aren't enough new ideas. So if season 3 is more of that, I think I've had my fill.

I had no idea Amy Poehler was dating Nick Kroll, how weird.

• WavSlave Mar 07, 2014

Weird that they're dating or weird that you didn't know about it? (I hadn't heard about it either, fwiw.)

• JT_Kirk Mar 07, 2014

It's weird that they produce shows on Comedy Central while they're dating, I guess. They also seem like an odd couple.

• MollyPoppy Mar 06, 2014

If Wheels Ontario was real I'd watch that show and its marathons.

• JT_Kirk Mar 06, 2014

It's a parody of Canadian teen dramas Degrassi High and Degrassi: The Next Generation, so um... enjoy, eh?

• bendylegsnick Mar 06, 2014

Liz and Liz. Publizity is awesome!

• fweak Mar 06, 2014

Wow, the Kroll Show made it to season three! That's quite an accomplishment for any show on Comedy Central. Kroll's show is a lot of fun, what makes it stand out is that he's got a bunch of ongoing characters and storylines, but manages to keep it fresh with new crazy situations.

• WavSlave Mar 06, 2014

El Chupacabra? He's hardly ever even on the show.

I'm not a huge fan of C-Czar or Bobby Bottleservice but I like Dr. Armond and Gil. I could watch an entire half hour of Oh, Hello and/or Too Much Tuna. The Wheels Ontario segments are great, too. And Rich Dicks. Dammit, there are too many fun characters to choose just one, really.

Kudos also to the vast array of great Wacky Package-like frames in the opening. There's some great stuff in there if you go through it frame by frame.

• ZeroCals Mar 06, 2014

It's a five-way tie for me:
    Mikey, Bobby Bottleservice, Aspen, Dr. Armond, and Nash Ricky are all hilarious in their own ways.

Wait. Scratch all that. The character that really killed me was the renegade geologist/biker guy, R. Schrift. He ended up riding off with some kids mom, and I just couldn't stop laughing for some reason. Such a random character/sketch.

• WavSlave Mar 06, 2014

Yeah, those renegade geologist bits were hilariously weird. I liked that they were such short segments yet each kept having a longer and longer list of the credits at the end. And his increasingly bizarre origin story. Good stuff.