Great

Found again after 20 years

By Roy631, Feb 15, 2014

I recently found my VHS collection of KFTHC and began watching. I have almost all of the series recorded from TV as they were being shown. I found three things surprising; first, that the tapes still played; although the quality is lacking. Secondly, that the series is still entertaining (even with the cheesiness). And finally, that the commercials brought back a lot of memories. FYI, cost of cars has significantly increase; but fast food not so much...

I enjoy watching this series because it tracks with the original series so closely. The last episode I watched just reunited grand father, father and son. I hope that enough people vote on TV Shows on DVD to get this series put on DVD; I would buy it in a minute!!!moreless

Loved this show for many reasons!

By Blugis, Jul 14, 2006

Believe it or not, highly trained Qigong masters can climb walls with their bare hands and feet. There's also plenty of things that they can do that just seem to unrealistic.

And yet, they were explored on this show. Producer Michael Sloan played coy when discussing these things, but what he used most of the time were based on actual Kung Fu techniques and not some hoky stuff he came up with.

And the philosophy. Loved it! Some was made up, perhaps, but most come right out of the Tao Teh Ching. Fantastic.

Love the show, loved the philosphy. Oh, and yes, loved the chemistry between David Carrainde (Caine) and Chris Potter (Peter).

One of my all-time favorites.moreless

Arguably the best show to roll out of the PTEN in the early 90s and one of the best shows of the 1990s.

By poundingmetal74, Apr 19, 2006

This was a great show. It may not have been as popular as the original Kung Fu but it was every bit as good. This was arguably the best show to be produced on the PTEN back in the mid 1990s and really saved that Network altogether.

This show had a great ensemble cast of actors and had huge guest stars appear, such as James Hong, Regis Philban, Mickey Rooney, William Shatner, etc. This show was also a great breaking ground for a lot of actors and I'm sure none of the regular actors on this show will never forget it.

To this day, this is still my favorite TV show. One of a kind. Too bad they still don't make shows like this.moreless

Not that great but can't resist!

By JPPT1974, Dec 12, 2005

I used to love this show when I was a teen back in 1993. It has been brought back on TNT for several years as it developed a cult following.

I loved the chemistry between David Carradine & Chris Potter as the hunky police detective son Peter Caine. Though cheesy, it is still very good and well-acted. Hope it is brought back again.

By Canadinbcn, Aug 26, 2005

Two words: David Carradine. Purely due to the fact that he stars in this show, it scores major points. Throw in some good old fashioned kung fu action and you know you have something going for you, even if it isn't as good as the original. The original Kung Fu was brilliant. This show, set in modern times in the heart of the city, somehow seems slightly off. Yet, that doesn't stop it from being a highly memorable show. The kung fu, mystical aspects are always interesting, however, the portions of the storyline dealing with police work are always so so. Even the fight scenes revolving around the Peter Caine (Carradine's police officer son in the series) seem a little awkward and display certain level of cheese. Fortunately, anytime Carradine hits the screen he pulls the show back up into greatness.

My final review: If you want to see the best Kung Fu out there, check out the original as it is amazing. If you've already seen that and enjoyed it out, this is worth watching, as is any David Carradine production.moreless